Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2007, 02:15 PM
akbar

Faith Verses. Religions

My friends I hope you will not mind if I say faith is liberalism and religions are fundamentalism because religions persist on their righteousness while faith does not. Faith draws no boundaries and it has no limits while religions have their demarked boundaries and have limitations. Religions have certified authorities which admit or expel followers. Their followers have to be cautious of limitations imposed on them who as I believe are not free people. Faith does not accept any authority other than the God and does not claim any ownership of the God and not even preference of any sort. Religions do claim such preferences violating basic right of equality among humans. Religions cause divisions which the God does not like while faith unites humanity as it is comprised of love, mercy and equality of all humans not considering their racial, regional, traditional, linguistic and all other attachments.

Religions strive to maintain their different identities. Different shapes of worship places exhibit differentiation from others and only those who agree are allowed to enter. This is a matter of authority over God and his worship. Separate manners of worship are enforced upon followers and they are also taught words of worship. Clergies also stress on different appearances like hairs and dressing. Different timings of worship are observed with different modes. Most religions have different names to show their so called superior ness over others as they do not want to be mixed up with so called others. Most heinous crimes had/have been committed in names of religions and most deadly wars were fought and all that was done to please their God or gods. Apart from other religions Christians persecution by Jews, Jews persecutions by Christians including holocaust, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh massacres in Indian sub continent including that of 1947 are very good examples or perhaps bad but no doubt religious.

Unlike religions faith is not concerned with differentiations but with the God and humanity. Faith does not need any particular places for worship as the God can be prayed any where not depending upon shapes of buildings. Faith can be practiced anywhere irrespective of any religious places because it is something which comes from within and not from any orthodox religious teachings. Faith does not recognize any authority between the God and humanity and if there is one it should be abolished. There must not be any interventions between a lover and beloved. Faith does not require any kinds of special mannerisms for being accepted but if it does require something, it is firm and staunch belief in the God. Does a lover need to be taught manners of love or will he/she like such restrictions? Submission and obedience to the God also does not necessary need particular words to be repeated by all. He does not want or like such submission as He is not an army general to seek or accept only disciplined speech in a disciplined manner. He likes to be prayed willingly with love and sincerity and sincere, obedient lovers by nature know manners of love, remembering, asking and praying. Their can be prayers even with out spoken words as the God knows feelings of hearts and He values feelings much more than words. All names are good which have good meanings irrespective of linguistic or religious background and the God does not like differentiations. Is there any God of timings or days? No, all times and days are God
Old 19-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Enlightener

God does not really 'like' or 'hate' anything, it does not use judgments to define itself, reserving observation as its primary mode of function.

The reason that God does not hate or despise a certain few is because: 1. It loves all that is, for it knows that It is All That Is. and 2. It knows that such decisions are merely a form of expression through experience and seeks not to judge but only to observe.

There has been a lot of misinformation exhibited about God and I can see this misinformation peeping through within your writings and within the actions of many in society.
Once you understand the truth about God you become a very different person, a person of love and understanding, of acceptance ad desire.

I am not preaching about God here, but merely showing you a way, a higher path, if you will. This one does not seek to force to change your beleifs but truth and all manner of love, and truth.

Also, IMO there are two relatives that you are using here: Religion and Spirituality. Faith is more of an action, not an objective or ideal.

Enloightener

Last edited by Enlightener : 19-02-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 19-02-2007, 03:39 PM
akbar

The God

Mighty believers of mighty religions perform their majestic prayers in majestic buildings, struggling hard to out number and over- power each other, we are weak but the God is Almighty and it is not upon us to establish His supremacy, so we need not bother about.
Old 19-02-2007, 03:43 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Mighty believers of mighty religions perform their majestic prayers in majestic buildings, struggling hard to out number and over- power each other, we are weak but the God is Almighty and it is not upon us to establish His supremacy, so we need not bother about.
Excelent insight!!!

Be well..
Old 19-02-2007, 03:47 PM
akbar

The God of mankind

The mighty groups are knocking loudly at the doors of heaven, fierce contest is going on to subdue one another, and we are too weak to face their furious bravos, so we are standing aside, waiting patiently for our turn to be considered. You are the God of universe and the God of humanity and we have faith in your mercy and benevolence. We do not reject their claims for being the first and only to enter your heaven, because it is upon you to decide but they do reject our hopes to be pardoned by you.
Oh the God of mankind help us.
Old 19-02-2007, 04:03 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

We do not reject their claims for being the first and only to enter your heaven, because it is upon you to decide but they do reject our hopes to be pardoned by you.
Oh the God of mankind help us.
"God" has already helped us.. we have patience, perseverence, and the knowledge that there is no superiority in the experience of "God".. i do not ask for "God's help, i thank "God" for all that i have.. i know that help is already here, gratitude is what pours from my soul, unsolicited.. it takes the form of awe and wonder at the maginficent Universe and the humility i feel when i open my heart to such wonders... worship is not a ritual, it's a way of life..

Be well..
Old 19-02-2007, 04:18 PM
akbar

Please wait

I think you want me to send a post on, "thanks God" and I would. I would attempt to do so according to my ability.

Oh my lord I pray you in my heart, sometimes silently and sometimes in my words. Have I to learn special words and special language? My lord, forgive me if it is so because it seems burdensome to me. I ask your favors very humbly, very sincerely, spontaneously as it comes to my mind, not observing the sacred manners or uttering sacred words; yet I hope you are equally mine as you can be to anyone else. None else is my lord, to none else I shall bow and from none else I shall beg, no matter you accept me as yours or not.

Last edited by akbar : 19-02-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Closed Thread