Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 27-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Master
What music system do you use?

Anyone still use a turntable and vinyl records?

I got rid of my turntable, amplifier, speakers and vinyl about 25 years ago. Was it that long ago!

I now use a Bose Wave Music System. It is very compact but has a great sound.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-01-2021, 01:05 PM
Master
I'm not into downloading music files. I prefer CDs.

Old 27-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Master
I either use YouTube or listen to downloaded mp3's on my phone..

I remember having a CD disk player as a kid. Wow that size was an inconvenience...
Then the old mp3 players, which were great to keep around your neck, but on a phone it's easier to navigate through music..
Old 27-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I either use YouTube or listen to downloaded mp3's on my phone..

I remember having a CD disk player as a kid. Wow that size was an inconvenience...
Then the old mp3 players, which were great to keep around your neck, but on a phone it's easier to navigate through music..

You got to be a youngster.....

Old 28-01-2021, 05:11 AM
Master
YouTube, the best things in life are free.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:08 AM
Knower
I only download music anymore, which is almost exclusively from Bandcamp. That's because they make music available in high-resolution formats like FLAC and WAV. I don't buy music if it's only available in mp3, and I avoid iTunes (because the last time I tried using their software it began to rearrange my stored music catalog in ways I did not appreciate).

The DAC I use has better sound-reproduction capability than my desktop or my phone, because that's all it was designed to do.

Oh, and I'm almost sixty years of age

edit (because I forgot the title of the thread): The DAC I use is made by FiiO, and is the M9 model. I bought it at the beginning of last year to replace my slowly failing Cowon Z2 DAP (digital audio player). Before that, I had a Cowon S9. Neither of those models are made anymore.

For headphones, I now use a pair of Hifi-Boy Dream earbuds, 32 ohm. Previously, I had used a pair of Yuin PK3s. Big headphones are just too heavy for me, and I hate having my ears pressed against my head (having used such headphones for years in public radio). IEMs might be okay, but I haven't spent the money to determine if I'd like them or not. There is a pair of Denon IEMs that had a good review, even for the foam cushions, but they were pricier than the earbuds I bought instead. And they were still about two-thirds the cost of the Denon set.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:17 PM
ImthatIm

Preferred listening mode

Home theater setup

B&K amplifier 150w x 7 channels
5 Def tech speaker system with 15" x 300w active sub-woofer.

wifi / cd / cassette tape
No vinyl, but I would not be against it.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Just good Sony equipment and a few Bose speakers I got from pawn shops.
I'm very pleased.
Same in my office with wires inside the walls before the dry wall went up connecting 3 rooms ---
Hmm, never thought of doing that in the bathroom until right NOW...darn, oh well.
But with 6 heavy Radio Shack speakers, maybe you rem them about 9inches,
that are great, way up high (11ft) tilted slightly down. Like heaven.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru