Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-12-2020, 06:07 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,026
  BigJohn's Avatar
ALLAH CALLIGRAPHY



                                       Here is some calligraphy of Allah in Arabic.




__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2020, 06:16 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
Fascinating ... what does it mean? Does the 8 time repetition have any significance?
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,026
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Fascinating ... what does it mean? Does the 8 time repetition have any significance?

THANKS FOR ASKING

It is pronounced pretty close (transliterated) as Allah which means God.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2020, 08:35 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
Thanks .
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2020, 03:56 AM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
If you don't mind, I found this:
The name "Allah" is made of four letters in Arabic, ا ل ل ه (or Alif Lam Lam Ha, from right to left, A-L-L-H), which when brought together make الله.
How do you get from ا ل ل ه to الله ?
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2020, 04:23 AM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 



__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-01-2021, 06:21 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,026
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan




You did it!

I like the way you presented how the letters are actually written.... right to left.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-01-2021, 05:10 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You did it!

I like the way you presented how the letters are actually written.... right to left.
I just looked it up. I can't take any credit.

Calligraphy is nice! Even more so these days when people write so carelessly.
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-02-2021, 04:17 PM
razhiel razhiel is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: many lives many homes
Posts: 38
  razhiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you don't mind, I found this:
The name "Allah" is made of four letters in Arabic, ا ل ل ه (or Alif Lam Lam Ha, from right to left, A-L-L-H), which when brought together make الله.
How do you get from ا ل ل ه to الله ?
This question requires knowing Arabic to answer... ^^"
I know a little bit of Arabic (really little!), but I know the "w" means the consonant it is on is repeated, so in this case, it means "ل" is repeated. You can see a straight line above "w", and it signifies "ā".

You may realise that this writing system has an emphasis of consonants instead of vowels. It is because in Semitic languages three consonants together usually form the root of a word, which is the most important, and by changing the vowels between the consonants, one can generate a bunch of words that are related to that root. This is an example from the "Semitic languages" page of Wikipedia: 'the root meaning "write" has the form k-t-b. From this root, words are formed by filling in the vowels and sometimes adding additional consonants, e.g. كتاب kitāb "book", كتب kutub "books", كاتب kātib "writer", كتّاب kuttāb "writers", كتب kataba "he wrote", يكتب yaktubu "he writes", etc.'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-02-2021, 06:38 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by razhiel
This question requires knowing Arabic to answer... ^^"
I know a little bit of Arabic (really little!), but I know the "w" means the consonant it is on is repeated, so in this case, it means "ل" is repeated. You can see a straight line above "w", and it signifies "ā".

You may realise that this writing system has an emphasis of consonants instead of vowels. It is because in Semitic languages three consonants together usually form the root of a word, which is the most important, and by changing the vowels between the consonants, one can generate a bunch of words that are related to that root. This is an example from the "Semitic languages" page of Wikipedia: 'the root meaning "write" has the form k-t-b. From this root, words are formed by filling in the vowels and sometimes adding additional consonants, e.g. كتاب kitāb "book", كتب kutub "books", كاتب kātib "writer", كتّاب kuttāb "writers", كتب kataba "he wrote", يكتب yaktubu "he writes", etc.'
Thank you. Very informative!
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums