Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-06-2021, 04:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow, that oracle deck is lovely. The pastel colors and patterns are truly captivating!

Like you, I am also new to Tarot. The deck that I am currently using is a holographic Rider Waite Smith deck, which I absolutely love!

Everyday I learn something new about the deck of cards, and the different meanings and symbols in each card. It is a lengthy process, and I know better than to rush it lol. I've even heard of Tarot readers that have been doing it for years and years, that still learn new things about their cards in our present day.

I am learning a little bit more each day, and enjoying every minute of it. One thing that has helped me out a lot has been printing reference sheets with the meanings, for both upright and reversed cards, and then keeping them in a 3-ringed binder.

I am just curious and wanted to know if you could update us on your Tarot journey and let us know how it is going for you!
Old 12-08-2021, 10:06 PM
Seeker

Can a person make up their own spread?
Old 13-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Newbie ;)

I have to say for myself the deck I was most drawn to was the one I thought would give me the best start at learning to read and understand Tarot and that was the RWS.

Most of the best beginner books use it and it is cheap enough and easy to get so I dove right in. I would have gotten discouraged trying to figure things out on my own entirely. I needed something to get hold of, I guess that's my character.

I can hardly look at that deck anymore but I have to say it got me off to a very good start.
Old 13-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Master
There's a Tarot subforum here :)
I myself do not like RWS deck, the artwork doesn't resonate. Angry looking queens for instance.
I bought the Robin Wood, which is also considered a beginners deck, which has lovely artwork, wonderful colours, etc.
Wheel of Fortune Tarot is also beautiful and easy to work with.
It's important when you're starting to get a deck that you resonate with.
Old 13-08-2021, 05:51 PM
Seeker

Hello everyone!
has anyone ever done their own spread, one they designed
Old 13-08-2021, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatespather3
Hello everyone!
has anyone ever done their own spread, one they designed
Yes, I have. Also have adapted spreads I came across online, but I have made my own as well.
Not really difficult. You just think of good questions you have and if you want a fancy layout that you feel suits the questions then you make that.
I've also done that without the layout for readings I did for others. I recorded those and then there's no need for a fancy layout. There isn't any need for that anyway, unless you feel it helps you reach a higher state of mind or something.
Thinking of good questions can be most difficult/interesting. They must lead to good, deep answers that you can work with.
Old 14-08-2021, 06:13 AM
Pathfinder
I would point out that a deck like Crowley's Thoth deck is way too advanced for a novice, so unless you are really drawn to it...leave it until you are more familiar with the Tarot.

Use your intuition...(by all means take on the advice peeps are giving you) Ask for guidance in choosing the deck for you. And listen to what comes up. Tarot can be as mundane as a card game and as deep as space. Clarify your main drive in getting into Tarot to begin with. Is Divination all you want from it? Or perhaps you want to do Pathworking. or both. It's all up to you. Good luck with the journey. I hope it is rich and rewarding. You get out of it proportionately to what you put into it.
Saying from the book of Set.

"Thirteen Moons,
Thirteen Constellations,
Thirteen Tribes,
Thirteen Emanations..."

"All we have to decide in this world is what to do with the time we are given." Quote from Gandolph the wizard.