Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-01-2011, 06:04 PM
DulcePoetica

Can't etheric cords sometimes be a good thing?

So far, I have only ever come across material that encourages the "cutting of cords" that develop between the chakras of two individuals. Everything I have read seems to suggest that cords are bad or destructive or draining, etc. My personal experience does not match the information I have found.

It has made me afraid to discuss a certain frequent experience I have with a temporary cord that connects me to a person I consider to be my twin flame. This very powerful cord transmits raw energy between us, through which we are able to communicate, express love and once connected, it appears we share a common energy supply which grows exponentially for the duration of our visit, leaving both of us with more energy than when we opened the connection.

When we are to connect, I can energetically feel a cord generate from my root chakra, which "reaches out" to meet the end of a cord that is reaching out from his root chakra. This is a bit like an energetic version of a phone call. We do not always "answer the call" but it is a distinct and identifiable sensation when he is reaching out to me, and I assume, vise versa. So if we are both available, we allow the connection and a channel opens between us and energy flows in both directions. After we visit in this way, the cord dissipates, or at least reduces to a very small vein that I can then psychically "pinch off" to close the connection. It is as if we become a continuum of each other while we are connected, but otherwise, there is no cord at all and we are two separate individuals.

I don't question that this is beneficial to both of us. I don't have any misgivings about using what I have only heard people call a "grounding cord" to form a temporary bridge to another person. I trust that this is a very accurate description of what is occurring, but I wonder why I have not been able to find any material to support my personal experience.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing? If this is (as I suspect) a good and positive experience that can happen between individuals - why does no one ever mention it?
Old 19-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Guide
A lot of time, these cords you speak of are associated with negative attachments and 'psychic vampire' types of things. Something that drains someone; therefore, they cut their attention off from the person to stop the energy draining.

I do not think they are bad at all, as you can have connections with loved ones and partners, and anyone. If it is natural then it is ok, I believe.
Old 19-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Master
Gosh, this brings up something I never thought of before.
I'm thinking about my ex. What if there are cords neither one of us have been really aware of, and it's affecting our lives negatively? I have a bad feeling we still are 'connected' and that's what's messing me up, anyway. What about something like this?

Old 19-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Gosh, this brings up something I never thought of before.
I'm thinking about my ex. What if there are cords neither one of us have been really aware of, and it's affecting our lives negatively? I have a bad feeling we still are 'connected' and that's what's messing me up, anyway. What about something like this?

Well silvergirl, from what I've learned, chakras are also a large part of our emotional stability. So you can basically say that these cords are an extension of our emotional mind, our conscious attention is being brought forth upon someone. For example if you love someone, you think about them a lot, and you feel for them. This creates a bond that surpasses physical distance. The same goes for negative attachments as well, for something or someone that has been feared in the past and we had a rough time with.

So possibly, if you're having fears about your situation, maybe work together with your feelings and your chakras to see where it may all root from.

I think maybe on a deeper level, the cords are really just mental attachments, but I could be making an intellectual stretch there, lol
Old 19-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
Well silvergirl, from what I've learned, chakras are also a large part of our emotional stability. So you can basically say that these cords are an extension of our emotional mind, our conscious attention is being brought forth upon someone. For example if you love someone, you think about them a lot, and you feel for them. This creates a bond that surpasses physical distance. The same goes for negative attachments as well, for something or someone that has been feared in the past and we had a rough time with.
So possibly, if you're having fears about your situation, maybe work together with your feelings and your chakras to see where it may all root from.
I think maybe on a deeper level, the cords are really just mental attachments, but I could be making an intellectual stretch there, lol

That all makes sense to me.
I've never understood the chakras (spinning and all of it), have tried to through readings here, but still it's a bit foreign. I just don't want to be 'connected' to someone who I feel has brought great sadness into my life. So, it seems from what you said, that it's all just imagination / mental?

Old 19-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
So, it seems from what you said, that it's all just imagination / mental?

Pretty much- our minds are what we are, in the end, what we think and how we feel defines us. This is where our attachments begin from.

Part of the issue is realizing where they begin sometimes.
Old 19-01-2011, 07:18 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
A lot of time, these cords you speak of are associated with negative attachments and 'psychic vampire' types of things. Something that drains someone; therefore, they cut their attention off from the person to stop the energy draining.

I do not think they are bad at all, as you can have connections with loved ones and partners, and anyone. If it is natural then it is ok, I believe.
Yes very true. I just wanted to add that from what I have read, the cords of unconditional love aren't ever cut, it would only be an attachment which would not be for the highest good that would be cut.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Kingoftroy

How does one go about cutting this cord? I have a "psycic vamp" and it is really draining both mentally and physicall