Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
I've found this interesting to read and thought I'd add my own experience to this, although I do feel like a fake as it's not as dramatic as everyone else's!
I've had a strong sensation of vibration at my core/base of spine for over a year now...there was a lot of heat at the beginning but this has pretty much gone. Also get frequent tingling/crawling sensation at the crown, sometimes I only need to think about this for it to happen... Not so much visual phenomena (dreams a little different) but there are feelings of ecstasy when i meditate every so often .... And, oddly enough given that I am not at all religious, a sense that I am in the presence of God when this happens.
I should touch wood when I say this but it seems to be a gradual, gentle awakening for me.... (maybe because I'm a wimp, who knows!) and my only conviction about the whole thing is that it is completely individual for each person and that I know absolutely nothing really despite all the stuff I've read, it's not in my hands at all......although there is a feeling of immense power there too....
There is a lovely blog on kundalini - it is written by a woman who is a poet - google 'kundalini splendor'...nice to read...
I feel Reiki can help to start this off sometimes, I started feeling this vibration not long after completing a Reiki master course.

Thanks for sharing Mouse. From the little I've read about Kundalini (I'm sure others will come along with more knowledge/experience) it varies widely in strength and experience. I think it is usually what is right for each person according to their development needs. Your experiences are as valid as everyone else's and the presence of God in your meditations sound wonderful.

It's interesting you mentioning Reiki because I'm attuned to Reiki and have been for 5 years. Soon after my first attunement I experienced a great array of symptoms that are also common with Kundalini awakenings. (I think it's all the same energy anyway, just variations). I didn't have any visions or ear buzzing like I have now, but I experienced the same energy surges, sprinkles and heat and cold in various parts of my body. Since then I have sometimes felt Reiki very intensely other times, so that I am literally being flooded with it. I have had wonderfully spiritual dreams at those times too.

It is entirely possible that it was a sort of mini-awakening for me and now I'm experincing a stronger one. If that's true, your current awakening experience might be gentle because you're due another one at some point. I don't know. Whatever happens to myself and to you, I think is right for where we are.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Erebus

In my experience, Kundalini awakening made me face aspects about myself that were either forgotten or so deeply hidden that I didn't even realize about myself. Old habits and nervous ticks seemed to come to the surface at times only so I could look at them for what they were and see the root cause of them. (at which time they would go away) Memories and experiences were revisited but from a different perspective than my own. All in all, it has been a serious trip since my initial experience about 1-1/2 years ago.

Although, this experience was recently matched in weirdness while I was reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and my ego was mirroring what I was reading. I saw and experienced my ego from so many angles.
Weird, weird stuff!!

Starbuck, you're definitely not alone in this....just remember that what comes into our lives is always what we can handle...and although it may be difficult in the thick of it, you will look back on this and be so appeciative for everything that happened and for what you learned from it all.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Experiencer
Don't feel like a fake, Mouse! What you described was how it felt for me most of the time. I think it's much better for the experience to be gentle, so you're just lucky.

In essence the kundalini experience is a massive healing/purging of our energy body (the spiritual awakening comes at or near the end of this process when we are clear enough for the energy to flow unobstructed out of the crown chakra). If we start working with energy, such as beginning reiki work, then some of the same things are achieved - by moving our own energy around and becoming aware of it we are doing healing work on ourselves, so it makes sense that similar symptoms are observed. I learned some simple energy healing techniques such as EFT and the chakra balancing and daily energy routine techniques suggested by Donna Eden (search for her name on Youtube ) alongside my kundalini work and I think they helped enormously, both to level out the symptoms I was experiencing and also encourage the healing process a little more on my own terms. It also helped me to feel and understand my own energy, which has been a great help.

Old issues will definitely resurface for processing, acceptance and release. I had a lot of past emotional traumas which I had bottled up and they all came exploding out. Having said that, the release was phenomenal. I remember after one powerful session clearing my chakras I got up off the bed and almost fell over because I felt like I was floating, such a huge weight had been taken off me. I felt like I was bobbing about like a balloon all day until I got used to it.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Master
Starbuck and everybody,

You mentioned somewhere that you have a son so it has been bugging me all day long that I mention this - because we need to be able to function normally in our day to day life. It's so important to be able to switch the experiences off when we need to do that....so doing grounding things...like eating a sandwich, going for a walk outdoors, or if you can root chakra exercises (moola bandha - like kegal exercises).

Another aspect of Kundalini for anyone in the final stages (which is quite rare) is that there is a fine line between madness and enlightenment, and it's easy to get disillusioned about who you are (so I'm told - I'm not there yet)...so again, being grounded, rooted, anchored to the physical world is important.

I remember Sri Vasudeva working with a child who was really blissed out with brow chakra experiences and her mom didn't know what to do...and he emphasized grounding so she could function in a normal way on earth. So sometimes shutting off the experiences is necessary.

I've noticed that when big milestone type openings take place, the environment seems to accomodate that, that is you are not stuck in traffic when it happens at the wheel of a car for instance. The Divine creates a supportive and safe atmosphere for such events to take place. For example when I had my throat experience, I was sitting alone in a meditation building in an Ashram.

Uma
Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Erebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Starbuck and everybody,

You mentioned somewhere that you have a son so it has been bugging me all day long that I mention this - because we need to be able to function normally in our day to day life. It's so important to be able to switch the experiences off when we need to do that....so doing grounding things...like eating a sandwich, going for a walk outdoors, or if you can root chakra exercises (moola bandha - like kegal exercises).

Another aspect of Kundalini for anyone in the final stages (which is quite rare) is that there is a fine line between madness and enlightenment, and it's easy to get disillusioned about who you are (so I'm told - I'm not there yet)...so again, being grounded, rooted, anchored to the physical world is important.

I remember Sri Vasudeva working with a child who was really blissed out with brow chakra experiences and her mom didn't know what to do...and he emphasized grounding so she could function in a normal way on earth. So sometimes shutting off the experiences is necessary.

I've noticed that when big milestone type openings take place, the environment seems to accomodate that, that is you are not stuck in traffic when it happens at the wheel of a car for instance. The Divine creates a supportive and safe atmosphere for such events to take place. For example when I had my throat experience, I was sitting alone in a meditation building in an Ashram.

Uma

Well put Uma...it is very important to stay grounded. Awareness must be on all of the chakras so none of them are neglected. I have been guilty in the past of losing "perspective" at times and was so thankful to have great people in my life to remind me how important all the realms of existence are; and to never forget to laugh at myself.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Thanks for sharing Mouse. From the little I've read about Kundalini (I'm sure others will come along with more knowledge/experience) it varies widely in strength and experience. I think it is usually what is right for each person according to their development needs. Your experiences are as valid as everyone else's and the presence of God in your meditations sound wonderful.

It's interesting you mentioning Reiki because I'm attuned to Reiki and have been for 5 years. Soon after my first attunement I experienced a great array of symptoms that are also common with Kundalini awakenings. (I think it's all the same energy anyway, just variations). I didn't have any visions or ear buzzing like I have now, but I experienced the same energy surges, sprinkles and heat and cold in various parts of my body. Since then I have sometimes felt Reiki very intensely other times, so that I am literally being flooded with it. I have had wonderfully spiritual dreams at those times too.

It is entirely possible that it was a sort of mini-awakening for me and now I'm experincing a stronger one. If that's true, your current awakening experience might be gentle because you're due another one at some point. I don't know. Whatever happens to myself and to you, I think is right for where we are.

Thanks Starbuck. One thing on Reiki....I have read that it was originally a system for individual spiritual development, and not just for healing others. I think some are drawn to it to heal themselves only......so far this has been my path with it. Using it on others just hasn't happened or worked out!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Don't feel like a fake, Mouse! What you described was how it felt for me most of the time. I think it's much better for the experience to be gentle, so you're just lucky.

In essence the kundalini experience is a massive healing/purging of our energy body (the spiritual awakening comes at or near the end of this process when we are clear enough for the energy to flow unobstructed out of the crown chakra). If we start working with energy, such as beginning reiki work, then some of the same things are achieved - by moving our own energy around and becoming aware of it we are doing healing work on ourselves, so it makes sense that similar symptoms are observed. I learned some simple energy healing techniques such as EFT and the chakra balancing and daily energy routine techniques suggested by Donna Eden (search for her name on Youtube ) alongside my kundalini work and I think they helped enormously, both to level out the symptoms I was experiencing and also encourage the healing process a little more on my own terms. It also helped me to feel and understand my own energy, which has been a great help.

Old issues will definitely resurface for processing, acceptance and release. I had a lot of past emotional traumas which I had bottled up and they all came exploding out. Having said that, the release was phenomenal. I remember after one powerful session clearing my chakras I got up off the bed and almost fell over because I felt like I was floating, such a huge weight had been taken off me. I felt like I was bobbing about like a balloon all day until I got used to it.

Thank you Westleigh :) - I think I am lucky with this so far (and my hand is resting firmly on a wooden desk as I type this!).... I feel that there is a fair bit to heal and re-balance for me, and I am probably quite ignorant of its substance, so maybe that's why it has to be in stages. What strikes me sometimes is how little we know about this kind of thing, you really do have to experience it to KNOW...there is no other way. Also, at my stage of things it is a lovely thing to have happening..I am very grateful for it. Your experience with releasing things sounds amazing! Will check out the person you mention.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Vishuddha

I feel the same things, the whole vibrating third eye feeling like your going to have an out of body experience,visions.

The key is to listen to yourself, only you know how much you can currently handle. Your dealing with powerful energy, you want to put the power of decision in your own hands or keep it there. If you respect your own limits and push beyond them you'll be fine
Old 30-01-2011, 04:06 AM
glengarriff

Quote:
My vibrations appear to have risen because when I close my eyes my ears instantly buzz with intensity and my third eye starts to vibrate, then a vision appears. Earlier I saw a white light and what appeared to be an angel figure, which was nice, but just now I saw what seemed to be a fire (orange and red lights and possibly a figure burning in the centre). All through the night I had moving visions - I wrote about them in the Spiritual Development thread.

Do you know the figure burning in the middle, or does it remind you of any one?

Is it simliar to your self?

I am not an expert at all at Kundlalini. I only know enough that I have expierienced similar things is all.

But, I meditate in ways that are completly different to most. Found things out by "accident". For example, I travel down and not up in my ascesion.

Who is that figure you mention? Any idea?
Old 30-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Deactivated Account
No Glen, most of the figures in my visions are very vague or just outlines..