Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Master
Cigala and others... In my view, trying to 'control kundalini' is a mistake. This would be your mind trying to control your spirit... which is reverse from the natural order of things.

Sooner or later we each recognize that consciousness and energy awakening, including kundalini arising, is not about managing and manipulating our energies, but finding ways to allow them to flow fully and naturally.

This is how we become enhanced and lifted up to living as our higher / true Self.

Xan

Old 30-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Cigala and others... In my view, trying to 'control kundalini' is a mistake. This would be your mind trying to control your spirit... which is reverse from the natural order of things.

Sooner or later we each recognize that consciousness and energy awakening, including kundalini arising, is not about managing and manipulating our energies, but finding ways to allow them to flow fully and naturally.

This is how we become enhanced and lifted up to living as our higher / true Self.

Xan

I used to think the same way Xan. Then my teacher introduced me to the idea of experimental meditation practice - using yogic techniques to tap into the energy of the Source (aka Kundalini) for healing and opening the chakras and reiking peace, love and harmony to our world. It means not sitting there passive and waiting for spiritual experiences to happen, but working with the experiences to expand one's own self-empowerment. For me the goal is self-mastery and freedom from bondage. I strive to work in alignment with my universe, in surrender to divine will - but, as he has helped me to realize, "surrender" is not a passive but a proactive process. It's the idea "God helps those who help themselves."

Perhaps when you say "finding ways to allow them to flow fully and naturally" is another way of being proactive. My teacher also speaks of "allowing" - it means getting the ego out of the way so that the divine may manifest more fully (ideally, in fullness). Again, this can be done in a meditation practice by aligning with the Kundalini and experimenting to see how it can become strengthened and stabilized inside. For example, one often sees people in meditation with their heads falling back by the Kundalini power. This is Kundalini energy wanting to go to the brow chakra. By cooperating with it, by focusing on the brow and breathing into the brow, we (our little ego) can help it move where it wants to go. So this is "allowing" - but in a proactive way.

And we can also say, "Time out." or "Stop." or "Less intensity please." And the Kundalini, our God-Self, will comply. We have freewill and the right to exercise it, to grow at the pace we choose.

And in the mindfulness practice of every day living, Kundalini can become a powerful meter of best behaviour, moving more powerfully within us when we do things that please it (virtuous behaviour for instance). Whatever excites the Kundalini becomes a prompt or cue as to how to act with wisdom. Doing this kind of "homework" during the waking hours results in a more fulfilling meditation practice. And a more fulfilling meditation practice results in more self-mastery during the waking hours.

What do you think?
Old 30-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Master
I agree, Uma... That is what I mean by "finding ways to allow them to flow fully and naturally" where they have been blocked or dormant.

I like the teaching of The Middle Way.... Not too much directing energy and not too much just hanging out.

Xan

Old 30-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Master
Here 'tis... Spiritual Sexuality - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=101512#post101512

or here - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8579

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 30-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 31-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan

Thanks for the input,
but no, i just feel like i moved into another stage, and it wasn't a mistake.
Just throwing another concept out there. I have discovered more to my own kundalini that is usually out and about.

After kundalini flow has gone through the stages of tearing through blockages, rising upwards, falling downwards, spreading all over the body, not just the main seven chakras, in fact, it can rise to the 8th and beyond, below the feet, all throughout the minor chakras throughout the body, below the earth star, kundalini flow, can go up, and it can go down, it can start from the crown and move downwards, it can even skip, and jump like dot to dot, so it feels. Kundalini is supposed to be a permanent thing, not something that just stops. The main location it is supposed to be permanently at, is the crown, you usually feel sensations at the crown permanently, it becomes something you can easily get used to. That is the goal. If it moves away from the crown, or if it stops, and kundalini happens again, it means you have not gone through the cycle properly, or it simply means the fire needs to spread to heal other areas of the body, so it seems. Kundalini movement in lower chakras can begin to feel to come to a rest after it has done its viscous cycle, but is stimulated again, daily, secondly, over various of things, it never really dies out.
Kundalini eventually becomes the most pleasurable and orgasmic experience in the world. Once the initial stages of uncomfortable lightening bolts is over, you can easily gain control of it, and it becomes wonderful feeling, and part of every day life.
Controlling kundalini seems to be beneficial in many ways. Focusing on kundalini helps it explore so many other areas, we may not even be aware of. Once you gain control of it, you can gain the ability to keep it permanently at the crown, which is the ideal, and that is what leads to higher awareness, and/or use the energies to heal blockages and what not in other areas of the body. Most cases, when you even start to control it, it gains a mind of it's own, which is important to let it eat through any slight blockages that may be there.
I also go along with the belief it originated from, kundalini awakening is never over, it keeps on going until you achieve immortality. Control is a good thing, in that sense too.
That is why i am looking into kundalini yogas, and/or tantra, to learn to control the process even more.
Old 31-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Master
Nice description of your discoveries with kundalini, Cigala. Thank you.

It occurs to me that what you are calling 'control' I refer to as 'directing' energy, which may develop the potential further.

Yes, kundalini is a permanent aspect of our energy being.

As for the ideal of it remaining focused in the crown, as I see it the fullest function of kundalini is for it to flow and integrate all of what we are with the crown... universal consciousness.

Xan

Old 31-12-2010, 02:38 AM
OceanWaves19161

Hi Uma,

Yes I've found that as well. I've found too that mediums tend to have greater amounts of light and darkness in them as well. I wonder if thats because they tend to have had alot of lifetimes and therefore have more contrasting types of energy??. I used to attract lots of psychic vampires to me when I first opened up spiritually. I later discovered it was because I had a pattern for draining people too. I think alot of people do it without realising!!
Old 31-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Nice description of your discoveries with kundalini, Cigala. Thank you.

It occurs to me that what you are calling 'control' I refer to as 'directing' energy, which may develop the potential further.

Yes, kundalini is a permanent aspect of our energy being.

As for the ideal of it remaining focused in the crown, as I see it the fullest function of kundalini is for it to flow and integrate all of what we are with the crown... universal consciousness.

Xan

Hehe, well that ends up summing up what i was trying to say anyways, guess we're on the same page after all
Old 31-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Master

Ciqala, I just read somewhere that raja yoga was the only type worth doing after an awakening. Is this what you found? I really don't know anything about yoga but wanted to try something easy.
Old 31-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Master
The crown chakra

Last edited by Uma : 31-12-2010 at 02:38 PM.