Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 16-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Oak Goblinfrost

Help please.

I want to find out who my goddess is, any help? :)
Old 16-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Ascender
In my experience Oak, she will make herself known to you at the right time in your development. I am sorry that i cannot be more helpful.
Have you tried to meditate upon the answer.........Guides come around us within meditation.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 16-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Animus27

Have you had an experience with a deity that you want to identify? Or are you looking for a goddess to worship?

If it is the former, you'll have to just research, meditate, and pray to certain deities to get an idea of what sort of goddess you connect with; and hopefully one that connects with you as well.
Old 16-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Summerland

Oak Goblinfrost, Why did, you pick the name "oak" ? Are there any goddesses associated with oaks? I know that they were held in high esteem by Druids.
I pray simply to the Great Mother or Mother. We get along fine that way. But if I ever call on a particular aspect of Her, it would be Hecate. All goddesses are but different aspects of the Great Mother.
Old 16-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Enya

Why not do some research and find which one resonates with you at present? Do you feel drawn to celtic, roman, egyptian or norse archtypes? Or do you feel more drawn to Gaia, to the Mother or Lady? Go within yourself and ask.
Old 16-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Oak Goblinfrost

Thank you all for your help, :)
Umm, well i picked the name oak because i lovew oak trees ^-^
Umm, i think i should just wait and continure to meditate for her to find out.
i dont feel drawn to any of them, i just but if i had to pick i would pick celtic, even though i dont know anything about then.
:) if i ever ask for help or anything, i always just ask for the goddeses help (L)
even if i don't know her name. she is there :)
Old 16-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Goblinfrost
i dont feel drawn to any of them, i just but if i had to pick i would pick celtic, even though i dont know anything about then.
:) if i ever ask for help or anything, i always just ask for the goddeses help (L)

The Goddess has many different faces that She wears and there really isn't any need to find a particular aspect of Her to call upon. Read about the different names that She goes by and what each one represents. And you are right, there is no rush.
Old 17-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Goblinfrost
If you're interested in revering Celtic goddesses, you'd benefit from reading some of the myths that involve them. Brighid, An Morrighan, Epona, Ceridwen and Sirona are some particularly well known ones.

Just continue meditating, and you'll find out what you need.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Oak Goblinfrost

Smile

Are there any books you know about were I could read about celtic?
or websites?
Thank you for your help :)
I just got scott cunningham's Book of shadows, and there is a list of names of the goddess, im reading through them and i feel a slight connection with Proserpine, Diana and Iris, I dont know anything about them but these names stood out the most.
Thanks youi again :)
Old 17-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Master
Oak, there really is no rush, especially at your age. You need to become more easy and relaxed in your spirituality, and learn more in a general sense.
Your goddess knows who she is and will tell you in her own good time. These long lists of gods and goddesses are aspects of the same things. There is one goddess who has more names than you can count. May I make a suggestion and that is to focus your attention on The Lady. She is the feminine energy behind Nature, the bestower of fertility and creativity who brings seeds to fruition. She is the Mother of all things and has been worshipped by mankind for hundreds of thousands of years. You, and all of us, are her children so what better as a goddess and so easy to honour. She is all around you in the world. She is Mother Nature or Gaia whichever you prefer.
By the way, The Lady is part of the Celtic pantheon.

Now you asked about the Celtic world http://www.pantheon.org