Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 25-05-2020, 07:53 AM
Ascender

Hello HITESH SHAH,

Thanks for your further contribution/thoughts adding clarity which is of help as we all consider this topic.
What may be emerging from the collective thoughts on this thread is some part of the framework which you mention.--A basic aid to navigation.

Continuing:-

I wonder if we are missing the recognition of essential players in the process?

Perhaps we are tending to point the finger elsewhere and not recognising our own part in the process?
To what extent do we actually have the desire to seek and question?
Are we perhaps ourselves compromised in some way which makes it difficult for us to be sufficiently motivated to question?
Is it easier for us to live without questioning?

It does seem unlikely that we can give proper consideration to the topic which we are discussing here without first understanding ourselves. ?.

petex
Old 09-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
People like absolutes. People like rules. People like not having to think.

You can often get by without having to think - Dogma and rigid dogmatic thinking are very popular - but eventually sticking to an inappropriate rule will deliver a bad result. There is no substitute for applying intelligence and awareness in any situation, even if the bare minimum to give right understanding, and therefore right action.

So many people go through life believing that any 'intentional misrepresentation' is bad, regardless of the situation or circumstance, and almost always don't follow their own beliefs in that regard, sooner or later.

But many people dislike taking responsibility for their own actions, preferring to say "I was just following orders" or "That's the rules". What they really mean is "I'd rather hurt you than risk hurting me".

Intentional misrepresentation is ethical or unethical depending on the purpose. If a salesman lies to you to make a sale, that is tantamount to theft, and unethical. If a friend tricks you for your own good, for example taking you to lunch just to get you out of your house while all your friends ready a surprise birthday party, well then that is something else isn't it? But it requires you to THINK about it. Yes, he intentionally misrepresented the reason for the lunch - and it is an act of love.

And that's the truth.

Kioma - I like your post here. Several years ago I was talked into helping someone who was in a desperate place. Only thing was, I had to misrepresent myself in order to help this person. It all backfired and, long story short, I lost a lot! Let's leave it at that.

When I look back at that severe time of using bad judgment, I honestly don't even recognize that person, that is, me. In fact I feel so strongly about it I raised my child to always tell the truth.

It took me a number of years to learn how to forgive myself for who I let myself become years ago. I can say with certainty that I'm much wiser having made that mistake in life. And isn't that what making mistakes is all about - learning on this ever changing journey we're each on in life?

So I agree with you in that human beings and human situations cannot be painted in black and white only, but infinite colors. When a forest burns down, little plants eventually take hold and start to grow in the ashes. That's how I view a human life.
Old 18-05-2022, 10:25 AM
Ascender

Hello All.

We have talked a little about "truth".

Contemplating now concerning if and how truth relates to trust.

some thoughts (obvious thoughts) :-

Sometimes what we consider to be "true" at a particular time, and however we may have arrived at such conclusion, what we consider to be true walks arm in arm with that which we trust.

It may seem a betrayal of that trust to question this apparent comradeship.

Cynical though it may seem, the truth is that the feeling which we call trust can be intentionally cultivated by others for reasons of which we are unaware, and even being aware may not care to question, and for purposes far removed from the considerations of caring comradeship.

---And that which we consider to be "true" can in its turn actually be either unintentional or intentional misrepresentation.

How shall we discern, decide, if we have reasonable cause to question?
Old 18-05-2022, 01:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
How shall we discern, decide, if we have reasonable cause to question?

For me i was up against a wall, and things I'd been told 'work' obviously didn't 'work', and I was are tired of whitewashing it and having blind faith in things that have always let me down just on the basis of more say-so from others, so I considered that I might have cause to question what I was being told...
Old 19-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Ascender

Hello FallingLeaves.

I hope it is not out of order for me to say that I can imagine how frustrating--and also disappointing--it must have been at the time to realise that procedures/"treatments" which were said to be helpful to others proved to be of no or less benefit to yourself.

A situation/circumstance of which I also have some experience--though probably not to the extent which which you have experienced.

Good wishes.
Old 19-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Master

a few years ago i mighta bit your head off for 'pitying' me lol... but however you might have meant it I'm glad you said something... thank you...
Old 22-05-2022, 06:05 AM
Ascender

just a handshake FallingLeaves.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:37 PM
Ascender

Are we beginning to see evidence that the eventual consequences to those manufacturing and then trapping others within some form of "Truman Show" non reality are something like suggested in post 37 ?

cheers.
Old 09-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Master

I'm not sure exacctly what you are referring to, but, certainly the downside of the golden rule is that if you are running around succeeding at getting what you want, eventually you will be forced to the flip side of that coin and won't much like what happens next. And the downside of the LOA is that you become what you eat... if you are always used to thinking in certain terms you won't easily get away from that if suddenly you don't like the results of what you've done.

So, there is certainly a case to be made that those who are having fun running around manipulating others, in whatever ways, will eventually get back exactly what they've given out. Which of course the bible also attempts to say when it says things like you reap what you have sown...
Old 12-07-2022, 06:09 PM
Ascender

Hello FallingLeaves.

Thanks for your illustration of the consequence "mechanism" regarding the functioning of "Reaping what you Sow".

post 37 seeks to illustrate the possible/suggested consequences of a particular and intentional wool pulling/misdirecting/misinforming.

Your illustration can-imo-be usefully applied as an aid to understanding that particular activity.

further suggestion is that the nature of some activities have to be so heavily invested in before those activities have the sought after effect that the consequences to those who choose to use them place themselves beyond "not much liking what happens next"--(from your first paragraph) --(though indeed they probably will not)--and instead into a false reality as their own psyche becomes inextricably enmeshed in the fabric of the world of the very falsehood/s with which they seek to pull the wool/misdirect/misinform.

This is not an applied judgement/punishment thing imo, but simply an inevitable consequence.

cheers.