Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 24-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Knower
Christmas menu

Our vegan Christmas menu for tomorrow:

Pumpkin soup (made by my sister) with little herb and garlic soy kefir cheese croissants, made by me (did not have time to make the pastry myself this year, but I found vegan, and make the filling myself!

Vegan quiche lorraine by theHidden Veggies (my job)
"the-best-vegan-quiche"
(The bacon bits linked within the recipe are already prepared and delicious, highly reco mend!)

The main dish is going to be Medallions of Roast Porq, recipe by "the Gentle Chef" from his online holiday recipes. It was in a downloadable pdf, can't seem to find it now. (Also my job)

Sides are going to be mashed potatoes, roast brussel sprouts and a green salad. My sis is in charge of those.

Dessert vegan brownies from "fullofplants", their dessert section (made)

And a tin of homemade cookies, the recipe of which is improvised and will have to get written down at some point, I guess... (also made)

I hope you all enjoy your holidays, if you are celebrating!

May it be a time filled with love, light, laughter, reflection and rest!
Old 24-12-2023, 04:52 PM
Master
Sounds like a delicious meal.

Last December 22, 2022 was the last time I cooked for the family. What I would did was cook virtually every day our midday meal which just happened to be our largest meal for the day. I loved cooking with a rice cooker, a crock pot (I had 4 of them) and 2 frying pans that had glass covers. I even made once some rectangular fruit cakes in the crock pot. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Knower
BigJohn, I think cooking for your loved ones is one of the most beautiful things one can do because we can add all the love we cannot otherwise express
Old 24-12-2023, 09:20 PM
Master
I loved doing it because it brought out some of my creativity.

I got so I would walk to the grocery store, buy the food, bring it back and prepare it. Generally I did this every day. As it was, I got my exersise while making food for my family.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2023, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Karma that sounds like a really lovely meal.

I make the traditional christmas Dinner with plenty of veg

Merry Christmas Everyone

Namaste
Old 25-12-2023, 08:03 AM
Knower
Made the filling for the croissants this morning, based on the boursin-style recipe by Miyoko Schinner (she uses cashew, but they are expensive and not super ethical), so I used her spice blend for my home-fermented soy kefir, decanted/dripped off to become a fresh cheese-like consistency.

This meal has been in preparation for a week or more!
(I love that - preparing all the little things in advance to make the best nourishing and tasty meal I can!)