Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 23-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Master

Perturbed by reiki session!

Although i am a reiki healer/master, I dont have anyone to exchange healings with. I decided to pay for a healing today and was very surprised that it was so mechanical. The lady showed no confidence and eventhough I had a very bad stomach she did not pick up on it or put her hands in the area. In fact she picked up on basically nothing. Besides for my reiki master I never did have a session with anyone else. My master picked up on a lot and I can also pick up on quite a few things when I work on someone. This lady was charging 70 euros a session, shouldnt she have known something about me??? She said she was a master but I feel like maybe she was faking it and I am feeling deceived. She had some good energy but I did not leave feeling a ton either.
Old 25-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Knower
I can understand your disappointment. Did you think about discussing your unhappiness with her and maybe give her some advice or pointers? If she is really interested in doing what she's doing to the best of her ability, I would think she would welcome what you could share with her. If it's "just a job" to her, then obviously she should not be there.
Old 25-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Master

I really just wanted to leave instead of telling her how I felt. What I sense from the way she did things is that she is just into the marketing and business part of it all. She was selling crystals, incense and essential oils in her office all displayed with price tags. It was like half shop, half reiki studio. I really felt she was not connected with source and i truly feel she couldnt pick up on anything because she did not have the level. At most she did reiki 1, maybe part of 2 but not sure. Her energy did not do much for me, it was not super strong. How are you supposed to help your clients if you dont sense anything and know intuitively what is going on with their energy? Her hands also smelt like cigarettes, super yuck. I wish that i could write a review to warn people but they dont seem to have that here in France.
Old 25-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Hello

It might well be that your energy and her energy simply did not match. That something in you or her put that wall of protections up. This is common and in no way means that the person is not good.

One bad review does not make a full picture of someone.

I am a Reiki Master and while I do not do many healings with people on the paid physical levels I know well that there are times I will be honest and say to someone " I can not work on you as I don't feel you". Ones have to understand me as well that as both a Medium and a Psychic those aspects of me might well open in them in a healing. So the full understanding has to be there.

Lynn
Old 27-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Guide

from experience, expecting too much blocks a lot from happening. i've also had instances where i felt nothing at the time and at night, during sleep, there were changes.

also looking for sensations/observing, instead of enjoying, can also block the flow of love from coming in. it's a bad habit we all make.

maybe you can try to find a reiki circle and share or form your own through meetup?
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 27-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
from experience, expecting too much blocks a lot from happening. i've also had instances where i felt nothing at the time and at night, during sleep, there were changes.

also looking for sensations/observing, instead of enjoying, can also block the flow of love from coming in. it's a bad habit we all make.

maybe you can try to find a reiki circle and share or form your own through meetup?

Its nice that you give people the benefit of the doubt. In this case though i think I will just have to go with my own intuition. I really dont think I was expecting too much but at least she could have picked up that my stomach hurt and put her hands on or above where the pain was, that I expected. If she didnt feel my energy because there was a block or mismatch then she should have said something. She said nothing, just asked for the money and gave me her card.

No, unfortunately there are no reiki groups in my area but am moving back to the states anyway soon so will surely find one there.
Old 27-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Guide

In the path I follow, we do not look for problem areas. We just trust the Love to take care of the problem that need taking care of at that moment. I also find that if I'm trying too hard, am tense, etc., instead of relaxed, it works less and less. My own expectations/desires make me tense and causes me to not trust the process of my life to unfold.

Experience also shows that sometimes our problems are just too strong and so deep that it needs layers upon layers of removing negativity and being filled with love and gratefulness before feeling better about it. Not sure how long you've struggled with your issue, but I know some issues go away soon and others are still with me. When in doubt, seek medical advice to rule out other problems.

I have the same issues like yourself where I'd like to have fellow classmates work with me, but we live many miles apart or our schedules conflict. For now I host for the group I follow and share Reiki with other non-alumni as a community give back. Then I go online or to retreats to get together with alumni as my support system. I've seen many reiki circles in meetup or with a google search or you can form your own. Seems like you can really use a good support system. Hope you find one that works for you.

Be well.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 28-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Experiencer

I'm sorry you had a negative experience Vesper. I would have self reikied rather than pay someone else... If you want to do Reiki on others and recieved Reiki , then why not host a Reiki share.. I have done this a few times and it was very good, to have about 6 practitioners working on me simultainiously.. Very poweful..
Old 28-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
I'm sorry you had a negative experience Vesper. I would have self reikied rather than pay someone else... If you want to do Reiki on others and recieved Reiki , then why not host a Reiki share.. I have done this a few times and it was very good, to have about 6 practitioners working on me simultainiously.. Very poweful..

Thank you for your empathy. I do'self reiki daily bu I read its also good to see healers because we could only do so much ourselves. This lady was near my
house and just opened her business. I do know great healers (not reiki) that are further away. In France healing is not that popular so I unfortunately dont know people practicing reiki who could do a share. I am sure I will find people when I move back to the US. I think my main issue is that this lady is charging 70 euros and should be able to give some insight, intuition. I myself have never charged for reiki and I have helped people a lot with my insight into their issues.
Old 29-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Chirpyrosa

I agree

such ladies are practically not in tune with universal consciousness

they may be channel to universal wellness

but this does not heal

what heals is the spirit of reiki

the universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Although i am a reiki healer/master, I dont have anyone to exchange healings with. I decided to pay for a healing today and was very surprised that it was so mechanical. The lady showed no confidence and eventhough I had a very bad stomach she did not pick up on it or put her hands in the area. In fact she picked up on basically nothing. Besides for my reiki master I never did have a session with anyone else. My master picked up on a lot and I can also pick up on quite a few things when I work on someone. This lady was charging 70 euros a session, shouldnt she have known something about me??? She said she was a master but I feel like maybe she was faking it and I am feeling deceived. She had some good energy but I did not leave feeling a ton either.