Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 16-10-2010, 11:55 AM
SoaringSpirit

Pre-dawn, grounding is just to release yourself of any excess energies and protection is 'just in case'. Reiki itself is of the light, but if a reiki practitioner is in any way psychic, then they need to guard against 'uninvited guests'.
Old 16-10-2010, 12:40 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
Pre-dawn, grounding is just to release yourself of any excess energies and protection is 'just in case'. Reiki itself is of the light, but if a reiki practitioner is in any way psychic, then they need to guard against 'uninvited guests'.
I am trying to make sense of this.

Are you saying that there are other energies 'out there' but every Reiki attuned practitioner has the ability to selectively and exclusively channel Rei-Ki to the client. At the same the practitioners are unable to do the same thing for themselves and have to shield themselves from Bad-Ki which may flow from the client or the environment to them, and thus have to take special, and essentially non-Reiki measures?

Last edited by pre-dawn : 16-10-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpygravy
I am not too familiar with Reiki although I hear alot from both sides of the coin. I must share the following so that perhaps clarity will be more forthcoming for us through information.
thx a lot!
in light,
tURTlE

lumpygravy, I am really surprised at you. You have a very scientific mind as I know from some of the material that you so kindly provided me. I know that you are familar with the idea of energy, right? The universe is comprised of energy. Reiki, for me, is comprised of energy. It is a matter of channeling that energy thru a (analogy here) a house. Now the power is there, but is not available until someone actually taps into or turns on the switch. It doesn't have to be religious or Christian. I have seen Reiki work on people who totally do not believe in it.All they have to do is be willing to allow the Reiki to do its own thing.
Old 16-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
I am trying to make sense of this.

Are you saying that there are other energies 'out there' but every Reiki attuned practitioner has the ability to selectively and exclusively channel Rei-Ki to the client. At the same the practitioners are unable to do the same thing for themselves and have to shield themselves from Bad-Ki which may flow from the client or the environment to them, and thus have to take special, and essentially non-Reiki measures?

Hi there pre-dawn.

I have enclosed a link that will perhaps explain what we mean by grounding & protection. It does make sense to follow certain guidelines in order to look after ones self.

http://www.reikithehealingpath.com/g...on_with_re.htm

God bless you when you walk with the angels.

Silverfox
Old 16-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
I am a Reiki master as well, and the Churches viewpoint may be based on ignorance but their conclusion nevertheless has some validity. The reason I say this is because because 'spiritual' is not the same as 'harmless', 'always beneficial', 'always good'. Any spiritual practice can open one to good and bad influences. It is just like medicines, natural does not mean not poisonous and if taken in excess even water becomes toxic.
The problem with Reiki is that when an averse reaction sets in most Reiki practitioners don't know what's going on. Their psycho-spiritual knowledge is limited or one-sided and because there is no organizational structure for Reiki there is also no referral system.
What other choice does an affected person who is overwhelmed by spiritual energies have other than contact the established and traditional structures?

If you are a Reiki master you would know that Reiki is actually very structered. Only a Reiki master can train a Reiki adept. Not just anyone can practice Reiki they have to be attuned by a Reiki Master to Level 1. To practice distant and learn the symbols, they must also be attuned to Level 2. Then to Level 3 and Master to teach it to others.

That seems very structured to me.

Last edited by innerlight : 16-10-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Summerland

innerlight, I am also a Master Level Reiki practioner and I was taught as you were. Also it is worth mentioning that Reiki can do no harm. If a recipient does not wish to receive the Reiki healing, the Reiki goes to where it is needed. And the practioner can instruct the energy to go where it is needed (as if Reiki needs our instruction~~~)
Old 16-10-2010, 02:37 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
If you are a Reiki master you would know that Reiki is actually very structered. Only a Reiki master can train a Reiki adept. Not just anyone can practice Reiki they have to be attuned by a Reiki Master to Level 1. To practice distant and learn the symbols, they must also be attuned to Level 2. Then to Level 3 and Master to teach it to others.

That seems very structured to me.
It would be structured if the Reiki masters in turn would have organized themselves, have some standardized minimum training which is monitored.
From what I see there is no oversight structure, no ethics monitoring structure, no disciplinary procedures, nobody can speak for the Reiki practitioners as a group, etc.

It is really a free for all, anybody can really do what they like.

How else would it be possible that some Reiki masters insist on trainees having substantial time gaps between attunements and others do level one to 3 all in one go? Yesterday I was nothing, today I am a fully fledged Reiki master. No verification of knowledge or skills.

This does not sound structured to me.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
It would be structured if the Reiki masters in turn would have organized themselves, have some standardized minimum training which is monitored.
From what I see there is no oversight structure, no ethics monitoring structure, no disciplinary procedures, nobody can speak for the Reiki practitioners as a group, etc.

It is really a free for all, anybody can really do what they like.

How else would it be possible that some Reiki masters insist on trainees having substantial time gaps between attunements and others do level one to 3 all in one go? Yesterday I was nothing, today I am a fully fledged Reiki master. No verification of knowledge or skills.

This does not sound structured to me.

What one or two masters does is not a full reflection of the modality itself. That is the unstructureness of the person you have gone to see, and has nothing to do with Reiki.

A master that does not support his students, or just sends them off into the world to do it on their own with no guidance is a reflection of the person that was doing the guiding.

There is proper structure in Reiki that covers all of this. After the first attunement there is a 21 day self healing that is supposed to occur. So the person can learn the basics of the healing. Can ask any questions, and to start the cleansing and detoxing of their system.

Then after that first month of self healing one can then be attuned for their next attunement if they feel they are ready and confident. The final attunement is supposed to be after 6 months to a year of having been self healing, and practicing healing on another.

What happens from there is that some masters take it upon themselves that they do not think that others need all this break and healing and like to wrap it all up into a nice package of a weekend course, or even a day course. IMO, it should not be all shoved into one weekend. The person being attuned should be given the time to learn the energies, and get used to them being incorporated into their body. To much to soon and you could end up with more questions, feeling lost, and probably just quit doing Reiki.

The eithics monitoring should be covered in your Reiki manual on the different things that you should be aware of. Such as only doing the healing on those that want the healing. Don't attempt to do healing on a person without their permission. Etc.

Just like with anything any person can offer their services, and if the price is right they will do anything they want to. It is a shame that such practices do taint the good name of the main practice. It was also a reason that the original founder had such strict guidelines when it started. Now there is so many different branches and spin offs that a lot of the true Usui Reiki is lost in the shuffle.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekseek
i am also a reiki "master teacher." what fear-based bunk. reiki is divine energy . . . it goes where it is needed in accordance with divine guidance. it can do no harm. i am not aware of anyone proclaiming that they are doing the healing . . . the healing flows through the practitioner, or initiate who has simply been opened up to divine energy.

why would anyone spend their valuable time attempting to debunk a discipline that does nothing but help? why not do something positive with your time and energy, instead? if reiki is not for you, don't use it! no need to attempt to demonize it.

Well said, SeekSeek! This whole discussion is a non-argument in my book. Reiki does not need to be defended...it's gentle, non-invasive healing effects speak for themself. No one was ever harmed by recieving it, nor has free will been stepped on when (for whatever reason!) healing was NOT genuniely desired by the recipient. Case closed, eh? NEXT!
Old 16-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Neville

Reiki is said to repair holes in the Aura, So yes. I think it is un holey