Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Master
Distance Reiki

I tend to use reiki firstly for myself and my oh and also for my pets. The only real hands on reiki that I do. I attend a reiki share and do hand on reiki there. The way I usually work with reiki is via distance.

I love the way it can reach the people and animals I can't physically touch. I have on occassion offered some reiki in this way to some animals on a forum I moderate on. In deciding on whether to offer I tend to read the post about the problem and see if I am drawn to the animal (feel that i want to send reiki) and the owner. I then speak to the owner about it and send if they agree.

I am considering posting about reiki on this particular forum but am a little concerned that I could be overwhelmed with requests for help. I have thought I would need to cover this off in the information I provided about it - to say that I will send where I can but that I can not promise on every occassion due to other committments and time restrictions. I need to put together some information about it to see how it feels.

Question - do i need insurance to do this? I have had yes and no answers from friends at the reiki share and I am now unsure........ any idea or thought?

Thanks cesx
Old 10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Master
I think the insurance question is better answered if you tell us if you are charging money for your healing, and if you are claiming you can cure someone.

If you are not charging anything then a person can't really sue you and get anything back from you.

Last edited by innerlight : 10-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Master
Sorry Innerlight - I forgot about that.

No I'm not charging. I consider these people to be my friends. I spend time reading about their lives with their pets and consider it to be a privelage to be in that position. I just ask that they send any feedback.

I am most definitely not claiming to cure. I always advise that any reiki is sent to ease any discomfort or to help with healing depending on which path the animal is on. If the animal is ill or showing signs of illness I always recommend that they take the pet to a vet. So if the animal is on the path to passing over then i send reiki to ease any discomfort. If the animal is ill but is in treatment - then to again ease discomfort and help them to recover in their own time.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Master
If we look at the definition of what insurance is you will get this, or something very similar to it.
  • promise of reimbursement in the case of loss; paid to people or companies so concerned about hazards that they have made prepayments to an insurance company
Since you are not charing anything they are not losing anything. The only thing they could possibly lose would be time. I'm not really sure how one could put a price on time that was free. Though I suppose a lawyer could find a way.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Master
Thanks Inner - basic principles of insurance - should have thought of that.

Don't need to worry then I don't think. Complementary therapy insurance is available though as I am sure i have seen it somewhere on the web.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
Thanks Inner - basic principles of insurance - should have thought of that.

Don't need to worry then I don't think. Complementary therapy insurance is available though as I am sure i have seen it somewhere on the web.

If you can afford to get insurance it never hurts to be cautious. I've learned in my travels it's best to always cover your butt, and in doing so take every precautioun that can be taken to protect you. It is a shame that we have become a society that needs to take that extra step instead of really working with an honor system of some kind.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Silverfox

Hi CES, I am part of a healing circle in Scotland and although we don't charge for giving Reiki outside the circle, our Reiki master insisted that we should have insurance so every concept is covered giving peace of mind to all concerned. You may find that once you look into insurance cover, it will not be that expensive. Certainly worth investigating...for peace of mind.

Healing thoughts to one & all

Silverfox
Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox
Hi CES, I am part of a healing circle in Scotland and although we don't charge for giving Reiki outside the circle, our Reiki master insisted that we should have insurance so every concept is covered giving peace of mind to all concerned. You may find that once you look into insurance cover, it will not be that expensive. Certainly worth investigating...for peace of mind.

Healing thoughts to one & all

Silverfox

Hi Silver,

I'm wondering why insurance would be necessary with a totally non-invasive form of passing healing energy, as we know Reiki to be. No herbs are involved, no manipulation of body parts, nothing taken internally. It's merely a case of passing universal life force, and as any certified Reiki pracitioner or master knows, and the reciever can refuse to allow healing to manifest if at some level (unconscious or otherwise) they perceive their condition to be serving them. Reiki does not step over free will choice. What possible harm could there then be, and how could anyone possibly sue under these circumstances?

P.S. I find your avatar interesting and quite beautiful. My totem animal is the Timberwolf, and I have a strong affinity for wolves in general, but I am not able to tell from the picture if that is a white wolf or a white fox. I'm thinking the latter... am I right? :)

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 11-10-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Master
I'm going to check out the insurance side of things :(
Old 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Virtuality

I know that the iarp offers insurance, but if you find something more affordable than theirs please share.