Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Your two cents are always welcome Inner

You do have a point on the actual word " healing " being part of the confusion, or the confusion itself.

When I first heard of Reiki as healing, I thought it actually cured the problem, thinking of a physical ailment . Somewhat deceptive in a way.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
You nailed in Innerlight!

Nicely stated. I too believe that this aspect is often overlooked or minimized and then when an immediate "cure" is not realized they walk away and miss out on the "healing" to help them to come to terms with their reality...

ADDED: To this point, this is also a space where Hospice can add value. Having taught Reiki to Hospice staff and volunteers I am often overwhelmed at the relief that Reiki provides in this type of a setting...

A lot of times people do not make the full commitment to their healing. They look for a quick fix, or a band aid, and then go about their business, until they end up back to where they were. Or they look to heal their energy, clear their chakras, but do not actually work to resolve the reason they got that way in the first place. So they end up in a spiral doing the same thing over and over.

Hospice workers are a real good bunch. There is a book called Learning from the light, where a hospice doctor shares the stories and "visits" from the patients he works with on their last few days on earth. It's a touching book. A little too religious for me, but good nonetheless.

Reiki could be a tremendous benefit to those who are elderly as well as those in a hospice.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Your two cents are always welcome Inner

You do have a point on the actual word " healing " being part of the confusion, or the confusion itself.

When I first heard of Reiki as healing, I thought it actually cured the problem, thinking of a physical ailment . Somewhat deceptive in a way.

Energy healing(Reiki) is a means to encourage healing. The person themselves bring about their own healing. Sometimes it can be a cure, other times it can not. There are those that will tell you they can "cure" you but those are the individuals that one should stay clear from. Each and every person is different. What works for one may not work for another.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Each and every person is different. What works for one may not work for another.
Yes, this is true in many areas. And thanks for the warning .

Now about that Cupcake Reiki .... what was it EP said, bribery ? coaxing ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-06-2012, 09:34 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Now about that Cupcake Reiki .... what was it EP said, bribery ? coaxing ?

Dont forget blackmail... just saying...
Old 26-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Dont forget blackmail... just saying...

oh oh, something going on behind the scenes here ? maybe there is more to this CR than just frosting ?

pssst Inner... you can tell me later , or not ....

Expect Miracles !

Old 30-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Master
I'm a Reiki-ist. But I'm interested in and have been around other forms of energetic & spiritual healing. I've arrived at a way of looking at the general realm of energy healing. I currently think of the results (or outcomes) of healing as situated at one or more of three levels. In terms of effects or outcomes, I'd describe these levels as:

1. Inner healing of the person – substantial improvements in outlook, mood, self-image, calmness, personal capability, ability to relate interpersonally, increased sense of spirituality, and similar results. (Ideally, a kind of healing result sometimes called "soul harmony".)

2. General physical healing – improvements to general wellbeing, daily energy level, resistance to viral & bacterial infections, increased coordination, restful sleep, and similar positive results.

3. Specific physical healing – resolution of an infection, an acute illness, a chronic illness, or disappearance of tumors, healing of a diseased organ, bone or other tissue restoration, and similar results.

My experience is that Reiki sessions often get actual results on the first two levels or types. Type 3 is rarer, though not unheard of, with Reiki. I don't like to limit how people view or discuss Reiki, but I probably should mention that most other Reiki practitioners I've talked with have shared similar observations.
Old 30-06-2012, 04:10 AM
EmergingPath

I would generally agree with your groupings, although for group one I would be more definitive with the definition of "emotional healing".

While the vast majority of generalized energy healing sessions (like Reiki) do end with a "feel good" result for the client, a surprising number will also end in an emotional release from them, spanning the spectrum of just a few simple tears to a full blown crying/sobbing episode as they release whatever they have been holding on to.

Just my observations :)
Old 30-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Looks like Kilroy was here and I missed him

another healing type question ~

does Reiki healing usually take more than one session ? to do what it is being directed to do, with regards to the different kinds of healings ?

I suppose it varies with the person, or whether the healing is emotional, physical or other.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 30-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Master
You can require more then one session yes. It does depend on the individual and the reason you are attending the session. I think also the individual needs to be open to receiving reiki because although it goes to the points where it is needed the most you need to be accepting of it.