Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 27-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
Troll, I'm glad you posted this. Seriously. It's why I - to put it nicely - am NOT a fan of Reiki. It's a terrible, terrible substitute for the real thing.

Every Reiki "master" I've ever met who's tried to use their "healing" on me has basically forced open my shields and forced a channel, shoved a bunch of feel-goods at me, and left me wide open. I had to actually go over their work and fix what they damaged in the process! - and then take the energy they shoved at me and use it appropriately, a method most Reiki "masters" I've met have absolutely no idea how to do. ((To say nothing of those here, I've largely steered clear of that whole can of worms and choose to pay zero attention to it. Who knows, there might be Reiki users on this forum who actually know what they're doing. Just in general, it's a horribly butchered practice that's kindergarten-level compared to the teachings it comes from.))

It's the equivalent of a world-famous surgeon teaching everyone "YOU TOO CAN BE A SURGEON!" and telling them to just inject the patient with some morphine. "They'll feel great! Occasionally they'll heal [placebo-effect or natural healing that would've happened anyways]! Look at you and your awesome surgeon selves! ...now pay me."

Glad you spoke up about it, Troll.

On the contrary I disagree with some of your sentiments

Awakening kundalini means being open

There is both good and bad that comes with that

There will be awe and there will be terror

it is primarily the terror that gets ignored

We have to change this duplicity

tell people the whole story
warn people properly

If you have been disturbed by kundalini awakening it is only natural and nothing to be ashamed of. Nobody did you wrong.

If those kinds of experiences happen to you it means your attunement was authentic and things clicked so congratulations.

Would I prefer it if this subforum was simply called SHINTO?

yes

Do I acknowledge the enormous strides Shinto has made through the attunement of thousands of new young people under the banner of 'reiki'? Yes.

You can't help but appreciate what the reiki community has offered.

but surely, it's contribution to restoring Japanese culture and pagan sensibility ought to be more celebrated.
Old 28-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Nebulous

Red face

I'm familiar with Kundalini awakening; it wasn't quite the same. In this case the healers in question tended to sort of aim a beam of healing at me that ended up screwing up a lot of my shields and never really healed anything except to give a sort of tingly feel-good sort of effect; whereas when I've been offered things like psychic surgery or shamanic healings or even healings from Buddhist-style practitioners, there was a lot more undeniable effectiveness - the kind of effects doctors get flabbergasted about, you know?

It does sound like around here there are more healers who know what they're talking about. I'm glad you guys cleared that up for me! The healers I dealt with were elsewhere (largely in-person, offline sort of stuff) and admittedly gave the whole Reiki thing a bad name for me, like I said I steered clear of Reiki as a whole after those experiences. Since there were several who weren't really connected with each other, I started to think maybe it was a pattern that might reflect upon the whole...

Sorry I was so harsh about it. I think in light of what you guys have said, I will do a lot more research into Reiki to try and understand. I do know that I often deal with chakras (although, for me, they don't have any sort of color code to them or anything - just white points of energy) when I myself do healing work. From the sound of it, for all I know I might be using Reiki without realizing it!! (Wouldn't THAT be ironic. )

Thanks again for helping clear things up for me.
Old 28-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Master
Hi Nebulous thank you for replying and im glad it has cleared some pionts up for you, there are genuine healers out there and i hope you get to find a good few in your life, i have heard from a friend who is going through a simlar thing and getting ripped off left right and centre and being brain washed, this is a real shame it really is, i hope she see's in time that these sort of people are not good for her.
if you would like me to add you to my healing list to send you some distant healing then please don't hesitate to pm me, i will be more than happy to send you some ;)
Love GA ;) xxx
Old 29-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Sorry I can't take replies like this seriously
Old 29-06-2012, 04:32 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
getting ripped off left right and centre and being brain washed, this is a real shame it really is, i hope she see's in time that these sort of people are not good for her.

For me this is the single largest impediment to the expansion and adoption of intention healing by the general public and it is virtually impossible to stop. While word of mouth to your friends about a particular individual may help, as often as not it is met with the "this is my journey and my belief system and I can believe what I want".

The "New Age" (For lack of a better term) community has done themselves a grave injustice in breaking apart holistic systems and "selling" sub-sets and piece parts. (ie James Author Ray and Sweat Lodge as the most public example) It has allowed scammers and frauds to flourish.

It seems like almost every week I hear of a "new" energy healing modality that is better than the last and for only $250 you too can share in its benefits and its "better" than Reiki energy...

For me, I look at energy from the perspective of quantum physics. Energy is always a wave or a particle, can never be destroyed, and can be directed by your focused intention.

:::steps off is soapbox:::: This PSA has been brought to you by the "Better Energy Healers Counsel"
Old 29-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
For me this is the single largest impediment to the expansion and adoption of intention healing by the general public and it is virtually impossible to stop. While word of mouth to your friends about a particular individual may help, as often as not it is met with the "this is my journey and my belief system and I can believe what I want".

The "New Age" (For lack of a better term) community has done themselves a grave injustice in breaking apart holistic systems and "selling" sub-sets and piece parts. (ie James Author Ray and Sweat Lodge as the most public example) It has allowed scammers and frauds to flourish.

It seems like almost every week I hear of a "new" energy healing modality that is better than the last and for only $250 you too can share in its benefits and its "better" than Reiki energy...

For me, I look at energy from the perspective of quantum physics. Energy is always a wave or a particle, can never be destroyed, and can be directed by your focused intention.

:::steps off is soapbox:::: This PSA has been brought to you by the "Better Energy Healers Counsel"

What put me off and attracted me to Satanists and other left-hand path people so much was the total lack of cultural understanding of where these healing modalities as you call them come from.

Reiki lifting from Shinto and other traditional Japanese cults is but one glaring example.

Trailer for popular and fantastic Japanese film ONMYOJI

Reiki comes from dramatically darker traditions

Shamans work at night.
and they work with troubled souls.

Although shamans can heal, they can also curse

this - is - sorcery

Anybody who doesn't understand this is really misinformed

Check out this music video by 'Immortal'

Above ^ is an Oni

the Kami are benevolent beings and 'helper' spirits

like the fylga

but what puts me off about reiki is the duplicity and the linearity

it is one thing, and that is 'good'

the 'bad' is disrespected and unacknowledged

you have to acknowledge both

It's important to understand that where reiki comes from,
there is no duality of good & evil

a shaman or sorcerer works with both

in order to encounter and know one you must encounter and know the other

I prefer to think of them both as two opposing but harmonious parts of a whole person
and not separated but I digress

I find the Oni fun on a fundamentally important level
Old 29-06-2012, 05:42 PM
JTGAPNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
it is one thing, and that is 'good'

the 'bad' is disrespected and unacknowledged

How can it be disrespected if it isn't being acknowledged?
Old 29-06-2012, 05:48 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
this - is - sorcery

Anybody who doesn't understand this is really misinformed

Always someone ready to tell the rest of us we are wrong (aka "misinformed") eh?

Okay... here we go:

So, I hear you and I acknowledge your very purposely stated narrow opinion and perspective.

Having said that, I also totally disregard your statement that anyone who disagrees with you is misinformed, as I do with all who state the ignorant (and now standard and boring) "my way is the only way, if you dont agree with me you are wrong, I know, you don't" approach to life.

Your perspective and opinion of shamanism is but one opinion and one slice of a "shaman" perspective. Have you studied any other persectives on Shaman's?

Getting back to the point, I happen to believe that this is energy and intention and the gifts that we are all born with and need not subscribe to any outside forces to utilize them.
Old 29-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
Sorry I can't take replies like this seriously

Replies like what...are you referring to mine? If so, then why?

Anyway..If you're trying to argue against the whole focus on fluffy lightness, and that most of these healers never do their research, you're preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned. I walk the grey path and try to research everything I can get my hands on. Research is very time-consuming, however, and there are countless sources and topics to parse through.

So as for me - if I'm misinformed, it certainly isn't for lack of wanting to know, nor is it a stubborn narrow-minded approach; it's only because I'm behind on my back-log of things to study in-depth, in between keeping my bills paid and doing that whole responsible adult thing...from symbolism worldwide in various time periods, to creation myths (the older the better), to ancient languages and linguistic evolution, and so on. I mean, you name it, I've been trying to study it as deeply as I could for the last however many years. I have a long-term cultural-studies project I've been working on forfreakingever independently. If you have a particularly great set of sources for study, do tell.
Old 29-06-2012, 08:40 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
Anyway..If you're trying to argue against the whole focus on fluffy lightness, and that most of these healers never do their research, you're preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned.