Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Yvonne

I have just officially made Reiki my career but until then I have always given Reiki for free and had some amazing feedback whether it was a one to one or distant session so you don't need to pay, in my opinion that it total nonsense. If you can afford to travel to people without charging then it's up to you, but I do think people that can easily afford to pay will take advantage of your generous nature.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Master

I agree that you don't *need* to pay but for me personally, I like to pay for my healing as it gives me a sense of ownership and responsibility towards the healing. I also think it does create a flow of energy, otherwise my energy becomes "stuck" and "stagnant".

My healer doesn't charge me for surplus "phone calls" or healings that she sends me, only for visitations but I always feel it appropriate to give her an extra something for her energies. She's amazing and has been a phenomenal help and to me, it is an investment.

If i were to be doing reiki professionally, I don't know how I would approach this subject about charging people.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 AM
maximumquake

I go to a meeting every thursday. Where 3 reiki masters a couple level twos and bunch of level ones meet and we dicuss spiritual principles and reiki each other. We invite anybody who wants to come if they are attuned or not and we never charge nothing for the reiki. Also not alot of people know about this and we only invite people we know. But the point is I dont see nothing wrong with doing reiki for free.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Yvonne

I also see nothing wrong in giving healing for free, I have always given healing for free even though the reason I payed out money to learn Reiki was that I wanted to earn a living that way. I have said previously that I have now come to the point where I need to charge but I don't charge a fortune (£15 per hour for a home visit, so my fuel comes out of that too) I'm not looking to get rich or make out of others misfortune but needs must.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 AM
spiritual_being83

I have done free sessions for people and done paying sessions for people. I see no reason to not offer free Reiki but I was also taught that charging a fee of some type keeps the energy balanced between the healer and the person receiving the session. It is up to you but I know for me I like to offer free sessions to friends and family but I do charge when others approach me that I do not know. It may seem unfair to some but there have been times where my friends have given me a small fee or we have bartered for sessions/services.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Yvonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I can agree with you shaddeddragon. I think some people are not aware that the word "Reiki" is japanese for "command the spirit". The Word Reiki is connected to the work that Usui practiced and if it is a persons intention to follow in the tradition of usui's work and any channeled information from him then Usui's Reiki attunement may be for them.
:

What does the word “Reiki” mean?
The actual word “Reiki” is a compound Japanese word; Rei (pronounced “ray”) and Ki (pronounced “key”) “Rei” is difficult to translate, but the closest word in the English language would be “universal or transcendental”. The other part, “ki”, translates as “live force energy”. It is very similar to the Chinese word “Chi”, such as in Tai’chi. Ki is quite simply, life energy. Without it no living creature could exist. It is the very essence of our being. It is our vital life force. It is the greatest vibration of life energy available to us and it exists everywhere in an infinite supply. It is generated by us, the world, and the universe around us. Ki is neither positive nor negative, but a perfect balance of energy. It is known that when a person’s ki is low, they are more susceptible to illness

Ego kills success

Last edited by Yvonne : 12-04-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: no signature
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM
elisi

i never charge for reiki-even though i could sorely use it.

but i guess my native background influences me. i was told you never charge for healing.

on the other hand i don't harbor any negative feelings for people who charge. that may be how they make their living.

but that's just my way of doing things.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Ascender
I was attuned by a friend that I met on a forum. She did not charge me anything and anytime I have sent Reiki,I have never charged. I love Reiki and I also love to help others. I feel that no one should be denied the beautiful gift of healing just because they cannot afford it.