Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 17-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Master
Bewitched and the Repressed Goddess

Ever watch that old TV series Bewitched? Husband Darin, a mortal, marries Samantha, a witch. She tells him the truth on their wedding night and he forbids her to use her magic powers. This she does in a spirit of self-sacrifice, bowing to the ego of her husband. This series came out at the same time as women's liberation, as a kind of tongue-in-cheek commentary on woman as all powerful, yet subjugating herself for her man.

I think there is a lot more going on in this show than meets the eye.

Old 17-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Master
And it was a LOT of fun!

Old 17-08-2011, 03:53 AM
tragblack

Eh... I could get serious about this... but I'm sirius about so much these days.
Old 17-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Master
Well, at least they picked a man with less than wooowoo looks and big ears besides and she was gorgeous!

Old 17-08-2011, 04:23 AM
tragblack

She used her powers anyway...
Old 17-08-2011, 04:48 AM
iolite

Yeah, I grew up watching that show, love watching the re-runs. Love Endora, Uncle Arthur and Dr. Bombay. When those three show up in the same show -- priceless!! Oh, I forgot about Aunt Clara and Esmeralda they were great too!!
Old 17-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Master
I couldn't think of the uncle played by Paul Lynde, loved him so and oh, Aunt Clara! So precious! And delightfully wicked Endora, man talk about a blast from the past~*

Old 17-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
Eh... I could get serious about this... but I'm sirius about so much these days.

O my stars..... "The unexamined life is not worth living," (Socrates)!
Old 17-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Well, at least they picked a man with less than wooowoo looks and big ears besides and she was gorgeous!

**** York (the first Darrin) when he was incapacitated and couldn't work anymore, used his fame to help homeless people. He seemed such a sweet guy - please don't be mean.

What amazes me about Elizabeth Montgomery is how great she looked and how much younger than her biological age. She was acting decades before with big stars. She was an icon.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Yeah, I grew up watching that show, love watching the re-runs. Love Endora, Uncle Arthur and Dr. Bombay. When those three show up in the same show -- priceless!! Oh, I forgot about Aunt Clara and Esmeralda they were great too!!

I think it's hilarious how some of the regulars showed up again and again playing DIFFERENT characters! And sometimes the skits were redone. I guess the producers wanted more for their money.