Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 PM
brightlight

self attunement

what do you think about self attunement do you think it works ?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Medium_Laura

in my opinion I think you should have a master attune you. But that's just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:57 AM
AngelBreeze

Self-attunement

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlight
what do you think about self attunement do you think it works ?

Warm greetings, brightlight!

As a Reiki master (Usui Shiki Ryoho) I do not feel that attuning oneself is right and proper for Reiki. It does take another person to do that inasmuch as Reiki is a spiritual energy that comes from God and to attempt to attune oneself is akin to attempt to conduct a marriage ceremony on oneself which is virtually unheard of. It always takes someone else to conduct something on oneself that is especially spiritual in nature. And a priest or minister could not administer for himself the spiritual rite of priesthood or to become a minister.

And because of the positions involved in administering an attunement, which I will not name as it is improper to do so as well as to name the Symbols, it would be very hard to self-attune since one must work behind the person most of the time.

So, in my opinion, no, an attunement by self would not be one that should be considered a valid attunement. If one wants a proper attunement, then it is always best to go to a Reiki master who is fully qualified and certified to pass attunements and know that they were done by another who should then also give you a certificate of initiation, your new Reiki lineage, etc. which, respectfully speaking, would seem redundant to do for oneself.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Master

brightlight, why not try? See what happens.

It seems I'm not connecting w/ the local reiki instructor. She missed including me in a class and doesn't seem to be scheduling another when she said she would. I started thinking it must be a sign I should look elsewhere.

I tried a DVD reiki I attunement last weekend. I already have kundalini energy flowing so I'm not sure if I'm feeling reiki energy or kundalini but my overall energy has been up. As I started thinking about sending healing long distance a day later I felt my hands start to buzz up a bit. I'm curious to see if this person makes any comments the next time I talk to her.

This is my less than mainstream thought, feel your way through this, don't rely on your head or 3D rules about how it should be done. Ask your internal support team to help you connect w/ what you need that is best for you and your unique mix of energies.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
SoaringSpirit

I'm with AngelBreeze on this one. Reiki attunement must be done by a reiki master. If you self attune, you are attuning to something but it won't be reiki.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
AngelBreeze

Self-attunement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
I'm with AngelBreeze on this one. Reiki attunement must be done by a reiki master. If you self attune, you are attuning to something but it won't be reiki.

Very warm greetings, SoaringSpirit,

Thank you for your posting in support of the basic attunement procedure as traditionally taught! Yes, it is important to perform an attunement to Reiki by a qualified, certified Reiki master-teacher. There really cannot be any substitute as Reiki cannot be learned through books, videos, the Internet, etc. It takes another person to be there with the recipient who can initiate the subject.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you in that self-attunement may very well be something else one is "attuning" to but not Reiki. Because that is not the way Dr. Usui, who rediscovered Reiki, taught should be done. He always stressed the need for another person to perform the attunements. I know in this day and age there are some who are pushing for other ways to do this but again one cannot deviate from the true teachings of Reiki as taught by Dr. Usui or it becomes something else they are doing.

Further, the energy one may feel when they think they have Reiki without being attuned properly by a Reiki master, has been said to be only their own energy, not Reiki energy. Therefore, there can be no substitute for the traditional method of attunement/initiation to assure that it is actually Reiki that is being given to one.

Again, thank you.

Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
brightlight

thanks for your replys just found loads on this subject all over the internet and someone had said Dr Usui was not attuned by anyone else no hands on anyway but i did try what they tell you to do i experienced loads of different colours flowing through my minds eye and really felt full of energy but maybe it was all in my head i dunno i am going to get attuned by a reiki master in the future do you think distant attunements work ? x
Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Ascender
This is interesting! I am a Reiki teacher/healer, and was taught that a teacher trained in Reiki has to do the attunement, but now i am thinking that the Reiki guides work through the teacher giving attunements, and it is said that if a mistake is made then they fix. So is it possible that Spirit could in some cases attune without their channel?

I have sent attunements to friends in the past energetically and it does work...........So...........

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
brightlight

yes i have read a few storys about teachers making mistakes and the reiki guides saying to them we shall fix i dont understand why people should pay loads of money to be attuned when i think its everyones given right to become a healer and what a better world we would all live in if we all were healers dont you think at the end of the day its not about the money its about the healing xxx
Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Enya

I do believe and have seen the evidence that when we are ready for Reiki, we attune ourselves. Having said that, if you want to practice Reiki as a system and learn the method of doing so, as well as the likely results of attuning to Reiki, then you should go to a teacher.

Distance attunements work. I've done many, myself and been attuned that way. It was the most powerful one I've ever experienced!

If you don't want to pay money (which is only a form of energy exchange, anyway), then ask if you can exchange in some other way. My teacher once got a decorator to do her windows and I painted two pictures for her.