Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 02-09-2021, 05:36 AM
The Anointed

Brahman=Logos?

The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD.

Could the Hindu 'Brahman', and the Christian 'Logos', be the same creator God, who is the Essential Divine Reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity?

Shabda OR SHABDA STANDS FOR ‘WORD’ MANIFESTED BY SOUND [VERBAL]

Bhartrhari speaks about the creative power of shabda, the manifold universe is a creation of Shabda Brahman
The Rig Veda states that Brahman extends as far as Vāc (R.V.X.114.8), and has hymns in praise of ‘SPEECH AS THE CREATOR.’

Last edited by The Anointed : 02-09-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:04 AM
Mahesh72

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD.

Hi Anointed.

Yeah. You are right. Scriptures say, particularly Srimath Bhagavath as,

“First, there is Narayana in sleeping manner (or Nirguna Brahman formless or Siva or God or whatever name one likes), and suddenly a lotus came from his navel and Brahma born, and so Brahma is called as Lotus-born. He only seen emptiness and don’t know why he is present. He felt a feel of this lotus stem and started to follow it and at last, he reached Narayana. Then Narayana showed him the view of Unmanifested Universe and asked him to create/manifest it. Then Brahma got his blessings and started to utter the word “Aum” (the first sound) and following all Vedas. In this speech, the manifestations happened. There also manifested Vishnu and Rudra from his Speech, to do their duty of protection and destruction.”

This words uttering, and things manifesting, is all like “Lumos and other spells in Harry Potter”.

In my view, this lotus is the Event Horizon of Black hole, and the stem is the Light bending till one reaches Singularity. I see that, every god/enlightened beings Manifested, is situated/present in this Event Horizon, that is between, non-time and Time, and watches/witness every thing.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:42 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh72
Hi Anointed.
Yeah. You are right. Scriptures say, particularly Srimath Bhagavath as,
“First, there is Narayana in sleeping manner (or Nirguna Brahman formless or Siva or God or whatever name one likes), and suddenly a lotus came from his navel and Brahma born, and so Brahma is called as Lotus-born. He only seen emptiness and don’t know why he is present.
Thank you for your wonderful insight Mahesh. But, when you say: "There also manifested Vishnu and Rudra from his Speech", are you suggesting that Brahma created through his audible speech, or through thought?

Because we know that in Sanskrit the similar meaning is given in the use of the word 'vac.' Vac means word. But in Sanskrit teachings of the Sanatana Dharma, vac has many levels. Including where the word or speech is first considered as being in the mind as ‘A THOUGHT,’ and not as the spoken word or speech. And therefore the universe is the expression of the 'THOUGHTS' of Brahma.

“Ptah, is an Egyptian creator god who existed before all other things and, by his will, ‘THOUGHT’ the world into existence. I see this as the Logos=Word equals 'THOUGHT' as the creator. and Brahman=Speech equals 'Thought' as the creator.

The same Idea being expressed by our modern day quantum physicists, such as recorded by the Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans, who wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-09-2021 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 05-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Mahesh72

Quote:
Thank you for your wonderful insight Mahesh. But, when you say: "There also manifested Vishnu and Rudra from his Speech", are you suggesting that Brahma created through his audible speech, or through thought?

Hi Anointed. Sorry for the delay.

This "thought" or speech, created the world, I say both, but first is Thought and through thought second comes out words.

Like I said, Narayana shown Brahma the Vision of "Unmanifested Universe" of all it's Law and Nature, to create again the Universe as a "Thought", so the Brahma with his vision/thought - created the Universe by "sound" of "AUM" the first voice in Universe, so space expanded and all matters came into being, and he created vedas so the deities/planets abide to those 'words'. All this Universe is created only for procreation of living beings. If there is no living beings, then the universe has no purpose as no living beings present to perceive it.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:06 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh72
Hi Anointed. Sorry for the delay.

This "thought" or speech, created the world, I say both, but first is Thought and through thought second comes out words.

Like I said, Narayana shown Brahma the Vision of "Unmanifested Universe" of all it's Law and Nature, to create again the Universe as a "Thought", so the Brahma with his vision/thought - created the Universe by "sound" of "AUM" the first voice in Universe, so space expanded and all matters came into being, and he created vedas so the deities/planets abide to those 'words'. All this Universe is created only for procreation of living beings. If there is no living beings, then the universe has no purpose as no living beings present to perceive it.

Our words are no more than the expression of our thoughts, and the universe is the expression of the thoughts of He, from who all things originated, by whom all things originated, and for whom all things originated.

If you believe that "AUM" is the first sound in the universe, it must have been the sound of the singularity of origin being spatially separated.

But that is my opinion based on my studies.

Thank you for your response, and may our God preserve you.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:42 AM
Mahesh72

Quote:
Thank you for your response, and may our God preserve you.

Thanks for you too for bringing up this topic sir.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:58 AM
Mahesh72

Quote:
Brahma

Sir, also, this "Brahma" and "Jesus", is same as they are represented.

The Gods like - Indra/Varuna/etc.. - if some situation happens, gone beyond their hands - they can't straight away reach the "Narayana" (Father). THey can reach only the Brahma (Son of God), so only through him they can reach the Father.

The same is in Christianity, if one has to reach the Father, then only through the Jesus (son of God), they can reach the Father (God).

Also in case of Non-duality, one can reach the "Brahman", only through the "Jiva-atma" (realizing themselves what they are) and then the "Father". The Brahma (Hiranyagarbha), is same as like the One-conscious-Mind, and only through our mind, going inward, one can realize themselves (as everything is happen only created by Mind as Dreams) and then go beyond that - to see the "Unknown" which appears as "mind and everything".

The Actual Devotees realized themselves as "This/Krishna/Jesus devotee", and through them reached the "One".

Now, I am in the path of "Who am I?" "What I have to be?" and in realizing myself by going inward - and only then what's beyond all this. But in this 'finding out of what I have to do', I'm stuck and I need a guru (Like Brahma/Sun/sages/Buddha/anyone realized) - to show me, what my duty/kind is, like Brahmana/kshatriya/etc... - and to teach me the duty of that kind
Old 06-09-2021, 06:10 AM
Master

The Vedas state thus with respect to Brahman...

Prajnanam Brahma. (Aitareya Upanishad 3.1.3) -- Brahman is pure consciousness.

A similar reference is made to God in the Abrahamic religion....

“I am that I am” - Jehovah. [Exodus 3:14].

The Hindu enlightened sages like Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta have stated that the 'I am ' refers to the state of pure consciousness, which is also the same as pure love as per Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

Imho, I would say that the terms God, love, pure consciousness are all one and the same, or of the same substance.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 06-09-2021, 11:20 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Prajnanam Brahma. (Aitareya Upanishad 3.1.3) -- Brahman is pure consciousness.

440 BC - Democritus and Leucippus suggested the idea of the atom, an indivisible particle that all matter is made of. To the ancient Greeks the word atom meant indivisible. It was used to describe the smallest indivisible piece of a matter. Atom was derived from the Greek word atomon or atomos meaning indestructible.

In the days of Paul, it was believed by faith alone, that all visible matter in the universe was built by the gathering together of smaller and invisible particles. Today we know this to be a fact, Matter is but the gathering together of invisible molecules, created by the gathering together of invisible atoms, which themselves are created from the gathering of invisible sub-atomic particles that are formed from Photons or wave particles, which are not particles at all, although generally regarded as discrete stable elementary particles, having zero mass, no electric charge, yet carrying angular and linear momentum. . . . . . . . . From the seemingly nothingness was the world created.

In fact, it has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists have revealed that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

If you observe the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, not tangible matter.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was, according to the most popular theory of the creation of this universe, pure electromagnetic energy, which, In my Opinion, was spewed out of a WHITE HOLE, in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, or, according to scientific measurements (180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit), which electromagnetic energy has been converted to that which we perceive as this apparent material universe, only to be-reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch, when all will be ripped apart atom by atom, subatomic particle by subatomic particle, as the universal bodies fall as fire into the Great Abyss, or Black Hole, where the photons, which are the quantum of the electromagnetic energy which has neither beginning or end are crushed into the singularity of origin.

A singularity is a region of space-time in which matter is crushed so closely together that the gravitational laws explained by general relativity break down. In a singularity, the volume of space is zero and its density is infinite. Scientists believe such a singularity exists at the core of a black hole, which occurs when a super-massive sun reaches the end of its life and implodes.

General relativity also demands such a singularity must exist at the beginning of an expanding universe, from which singularity our eternal oscillating and ever evolving universe is resurrected to continue on in that everlasting process.

Your Brahman, who is pure consciousness, IMO, is one and the same as the Logos, who is ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT’ which is the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity, or each generation of the universe.

The Logos sends his blessings on the righteous and the wicked alike, and sends his disasters on the wicked and righteous alike. It is the supreme intelligence, or rather the Supreme Personality of Godhead to have developed within each subsequent generation of the universe, who can intervene for the righteous, and warn them of any coming disasters.

Just as Krishna, who enters into Brahman as the Supreme Personality of Godhead within the 8th generation of the universe, so too Christ, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead within the 8th manifestation of 'THE LOGOS' who is "THE GREAT THOUGHT" or as you would have it "THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS".

May our God preserve you.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:10 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
]Atom was derived from the Greek word atomon or atomos meaning indestructible.
In the days of Paul, it was believed by faith alone, that all visible matter in the universe was built by the gathering together of smaller and invisible particles.
In fact, it has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists ....
I love this kinda talk!!!! Thank you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru