Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 28-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Joking apart I do feel you are right to make the point. I find it is all too easy to disrespect women. In fact I feel they are very holy. Something has been lost since the feminine is no longer considered holy.

You are right Honza.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Pathfinder

for me its traveling
Old 10-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by karok
for me its traveling

Another Gypsy soul like me!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Ascender
For me it's hanglding. I've got my H3 (Hangliding) cert. Hangliding to me is as close to true flight any person can experience. Okay gldiding. But it's just you, the glider and the power of the wind. Until you've experienced life at 5000 feet looking over the horizon, with sound of a light breeze as you whip through the air, you haven't flown!
Old 10-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
For me it's hanglding. I've got my H3 (Hangliding) cert. Hangliding to me is as close to true flight any person can experience. Okay gldiding. But it's just you, the glider and the power of the wind. Until you've experienced life at 5000 feet looking over the horizon, with sound of a light breeze as you whip through the air, you haven't flown!

Wonderful!

I've had my private pilots license since I was 25 but have never tried a glider or hang glider.......something else I should probably give a try at some point before too many years go by.

My current ride for business travel and weekend escapes is a Cessna 210, Turbo Centurion.

Its getting old now and was one of the last Cessna 210's off the line in 1986.

Its been well maintained though and had all the updates and yearly surveys and a new engine a few years ago.......it was used, but one owner and very low hours when I bought it in 1998.

It has really racked up the hours though in the 20 years since I got it and recently I've been looking at replacing it.....something comparable really costs now though! Grrrr!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 10-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I've had my private pilots license since I was 25 but have never tried a glider or hang glider.......something else I should probably give a try at some point before too many years go by.

It is a wonderful experience, and it's cheap compared to flying a plane. If you want to try it, I would definitely opt for a tow line tandem flight. That way you can experience being in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
My current ride for business travel and weekend escapes is a Cessna 210, Turbo Centurion.

Its getting old now and was one of the last Cessna 210's off the line in 1986.

Its been well maintained though and had all the updates and yearly surveys and a new engine a few years ago.......it was used, but one owner and very low hours when I bought it in 1998.

It has really racked up the hours though in the 20 years since I got it and recently I've been looking at replacing it.....something comparable really costs now though! Grrrr!

I know. I have thought about getting my pilots license but even renting the plane...Ouch. I hope you find something good.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Master
Duplicate post....annoying when it does that!

Old 10-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
It is a wonderful experience, and it's cheap compared to flying a plane. If you want to try it, I would definitely opt for a tow line tandem flight. That way you can experience being in the air.

I know. I have thought about getting my pilots license but even renting the plane...Ouch. I hope you find something good.

Attachment 2805

Here's my ride sitting on the dirt strip at my little weekend place out in the country.

I've flown it all over the U.S and Caribbean as far south as a family trip to Roatan the summer of 2017

But yeah....its a 1986 model (31 years old) and I'm looking for a replacement

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 18-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Ascender
Nice! Looks like you take off and land from just about anywhere.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Nice! Looks like you take off and land from just about anywhere.

Oh yeah....one of the things I loved about this plane when I bought it is it's equipped with a Robertson STOL kit and will land and take off from some amazingly tight places.....the dirt strip at the ranch works fine.

I bought it from a doctor who bought it new and spent the money to really trick it out....Robertson STOL kit....Long Ranger fuel tanks...all the bells and whistles....then hardly ever flew it!

Just 450 hrs when I bought it but it's got over 10,000 hours TTAF now.....and finding a plane that will seat 6 people (4 adults and 2 kids) like mine that's not crazy high priced is proving hard!

I really want something with good range and decent speed that can handle down island trips with the family (which has grown with the grand kids) so we're talking a 6 to 8 passenger plane which means moving to a turbo-prop and that starts costing $$$$$$!!!!!!

I do know that I DO NOT want a twin-engine piston plane like a Cessna 310....I think they are a death trap if you loose an engine during take off and you are at or below MCS

Don't know what I'm going to do yet.......