Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Sky,

You're not sensitive enough to know religion practice I think. When you try the mantra meditation then up to Christian standard of thinking, you're making sin. It's because you're joining to the Hinduism Goddess.

I can see with my third eye and before I responded to Anthony I tried it for myself and I have proved it. For me, everything is different from the usual truth of nature. It's like eating the wrong tonic...... Then you're repelled by the Christianity by that wrong doing.

Christians have been using mantras Jeremy since the times of the Apostles.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Christians have been using mantras Jeremy since the times of the Apostles.

Sky,

I tried to Google the mantra meditation there's only for non-Christian. Christian only using Bible and it has no power inside the words but the meaning you understand them. So to say Christian using mantras isn't true.

Mantra meditation is not for Christian but those who did practice mantra meditation is not a Christian practice. Christian only has one Bible and no other mantra book.

Some people may think that reading Bible is to read mantra , no that's not true.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Master
Angry

Quote:
Sky,

I tried to Google the mantra meditation there's only for non-Christian. Christian only using Bible and it has no power inside the words but the meaning you understand them. So to say Christian using mantras isn't true.

Mantra meditation is not for Christian but those who did practice mantra meditation is not a Christian practice. Christian only has one Bible and no other mantra book.

Some people may think that reading Bible is to read mantra , no that's not true.

Please don't call me a liar Jeremy, Christians do use mantras/prayer words and have been doing so for thousands of years..
Old 04-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Suspended
Sky,

I think most people think that prayers are mantras. The following from online:

What's the Difference Between Christian Prayer and Mantra? | Desiring God
Desiring God › interviews › whats-the-di...
Jun 30, 2008 - John Piper says that Christian prayer is different because of its view of God. ... Jesus warned in the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not be like the Gentiles who think that they will ...

From a Hinduism the mantra is much different in the process. When you're using their mantra you're their followers whether you wanted it or not. I can't tell you too clearly..... But I have tried their way to do mantra....
Old 04-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I think most people think that prayers are mantras. The following from online:

What's the Difference Between Christian Prayer and Mantra? | Desiring God
Desiring God › interviews › whats-the-di...
Jun 30, 2008 - John Piper says that Christian prayer is different because of its view of God. ... Jesus warned in the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not be like the Gentiles who think that they will ...

From a Hinduism the mantra is much different in the process. When you're using their mantra you're their followers whether you wanted it or not. I can't tell you too clearly..... But I have tried their way to do mantra....
A mantra is just a word/sound repeated over and over again to aid concentration.
A Christian will choose a word either from a prayer or mybe the bible and repeat it as their mantra.
Maranatha-come Lord is a Christian mantra and was used by St Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians, he uses it at the end. It is Aramaic the language of Jesus.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
A mantra is just a word/sound repeated over and over again to aid concentration.
A Christian will choose a word either from a prayer or mybe the bible and repeat it as their mantra.
Maranatha-come Lord is a Christian mantra and was used by St Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians, he uses it at the end. It is Aramaic the language of Jesus.

The following show mantra from other religion that's either Buddhism or Hinduism. And it's a Christian mantra meditation.

Quote:
Diversity of mantras: Mantra is a very useful practice in Yoga Meditation. While many, possibly most, of the practitioners of Yoga Meditation who use a mantra use Sanskrit mantras, the science of Yoga Meditation itself does not tell you what mantras to use. The mantra might be in Sanskrit or any other language, either one's native tongue or the language of one's chosen religion. Some of the more brief meditation mantras are simply sound vibrations that are not from any particular language, though being root sounds of languages. These are called seed or bija mantras. Often the mantra is prescribed by one's teacher or lineage, or is practiced in accordance with one's religious affiliation. Or it might be a universal mantra such as the Soham mantra. The Himalayan tradition uses a diversity of mantras for meditation, and also encourages people to follow the teachings, traditions, and mantras of their own religion.[quote]

Maranatha is Lord must come. There's nothing wrong. It's Christian...... And no ordinary Christian use it.

Like I try Buddhism mantra: om Mani padme hum. Meaning , Bodhsatta of Compassion Avalokitesvara.

A naked × was intended to have sex with me and of course I rejected her.

What I mean not to use meditation mantra is they're not Christian mantra and not many or no people used Christian mantra unless he's a priest. Or after Jesus no other use it.

Anthony is using meditation mantra from jonesdoy who taught him the meditation which is surely Hinhuism mantra.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Master
[quote=Jeremy Bong]The following show mantra from other religion that's either Buddhism or Hinduism. And it's a Christian mantra meditation.

Quote:
Diversity of mantras: Mantra is a very useful practice in Yoga Meditation. While many, possibly most, of the practitioners of Yoga Meditation who use a mantra use Sanskrit mantras, the science of Yoga Meditation itself does not tell you what mantras to use. The mantra might be in Sanskrit or any other language, either one's native tongue or the language of one's chosen religion. Some of the more brief meditation mantras are simply sound vibrations that are not from any particular language, though being root sounds of languages. These are called seed or bija mantras. Often the mantra is prescribed by one's teacher or lineage, or is practiced in accordance with one's religious affiliation. Or it might be a universal mantra such as the Soham mantra. The Himalayan tradition uses a diversity of mantras for meditation, and also encourages people to follow the teachings, traditions, and mantras of their own religion.
Quote:

Maranatha is Lord must come. There's nothing wrong. It's Christian...... And no ordinary Christian use it.

Like I try Buddhism mantra: om Mani padme hum. Meaning , Bodhsatta of Compassion Avalokitesvara.

A naked × was intended to have sex with me and of course I rejected her.

What I mean not to use meditation mantra is they're not Christian mantra and not many or no people used Christian mantra unless he's a priest. Or after Jesus no other use it.

Anthony is using meditation mantra from jonesdoy who taught him the meditation which is surely Hinhuism mantra.

Hi Jeremy, with all respect...

I am not sure were you get that Jonesboy taught me a mantra meditation or that you even know what mantra i am even using as i did not mention what mantra i am using.

Jonesboy told me not to do mantra meditation not because it's wrong for Christians to do mantra meditation but because mantra meditation is like thinking a thought and by thinking a thought my mind cant be in a state of silence(hope i get it right what Jonesboy said) and it makes perfect sense to me.

Again no disrespect but that's what happened.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Suspended
[quote=anthony c]
Quote:
The following show mantra from other religion that's either Buddhism or Hinduism. And it's a Christian mantra meditation.

Quote:
Diversity of mantras: Mantra is a very useful practice in Yoga Meditation. While many, possibly most, of the practitioners of Yoga Meditation who use a mantra use Sanskrit mantras, the science of Yoga Meditation itself does not tell you what mantras to use. The mantra might be in Sanskrit or any other language, either one's native tongue or the language of one's chosen religion. Some of the more brief meditation mantras are simply sound vibrations that are not from any particular language, though being root sounds of languages. These are called seed or bija mantras. Often the mantra is prescribed by one's teacher or lineage, or is practiced in accordance with one's religious affiliation. Or it might be a universal mantra such as the Soham mantra. The Himalayan tradition uses a diversity of mantras for meditation, and also encourages people to follow the teachings, traditions, and mantras of their own religion.

Hi Jeremy, with all respect...

I am not sure were you get that Jonesboy taught me a mantra meditation or that you even know what mantra i am even using as i did not mention what mantra i am using.

Jonesboy told me not to do mantra meditation not because it's wrong for Christians to do mantra meditation but because mantra meditation is like thinking a thought and by thinking a thought my mind cant be in a state of silence(hope i get it right what Jonesboy said) and it makes perfect sense to me.

Again no disrespect but that's what happened.

Hi Anthony,

What I wrote about Jonesboy is guessing that he had introduced his mostly Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism learning to you. And these two religions practice is of tantra practice. Online it's very easy to find or confused by these religions as Buddhism. Or maybe there are already in certain degree mixed up with Buddhism nowadays.

And that's something unexpected that jonesboy told you not to practice mantra meditation. That's he's quite honest in this case. And no need for any Christian to practice spiritual stuff. To practice meditating is okay but not chatra type of practice that's Hinduism. When you practice Hinduism a lot of things is hard to avoid not to bond with them. New Age Christian is not with Jesus and not in the Christian/God heaven that's elsewhere.

As I wrote on the other thread people can't do much and they don't even know what is happening in spiritual realm. We just follow what/how Jesus told us and no need to following other "new" ideas of modern Christian practice.

Christian as told in someway "no need to practice" spirituality and there's a reason that when they do so they will be confused by other religion and feel arrogant or ego. So to be humble and following his teaching is more safe and nearer to his grace/love. That's what I think. Christian should know how to reject something that's not appropriate to them.

In spiritual realm Jesus have established school for training Christian who have to learn dharma or metaphysical knowledge. They will training you when you are present there.

Jesus is with me at my place when I was young till now and I knew at my place he did had school of high building to teaching his followers. And I have seen the Kingdom of God. Maybe you don't (or hard for you to) believe that my spirit is becoming the leader of the kingdom of God in heaven. That's my spirit is advanced to be a God now and they're choosing me as their leader with vast numbers of population there in Heaven. And my/that spirit is staying outside my body now. I have more than one spirit.

I have shown a member of SF(present in front of her) that my spirit is a God and I also showed to more than one members about /of my Cupid sons. That verified that what I said about spiritual realm is true.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:18 PM
jaydenjones

Meditation Teacher Training

Hey, do you guys want to join the meditation teacher training We are at *deleted* yoga provide meditation teacher training classes.

What you will get
in our Meditation Teacher Training

*Deleted*

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-04-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: A first post self promotion
Old 06-04-2021, 03:33 AM
AbodhiSky

i think saying "lord have mercy on me a sinner" over and over in ones mind is a Christian mantra. i'll check on google. ah yea it's the jesus prayer used by some monks and others.

Quote:
A formula similar to the standard form of the Jesus Prayer is found in a letter attributed to John Chrysostom, who died in AD 407. This "Letter to an Abbot" speaks of "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy" and "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on us" being used as ceaseless prayer