Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Master

A couple of more dots to connect.....in post #8 I mentioned ‘eternal truth’ as the pearl of great value. Paul had spoke of gaining Christ as the most valuable thing. We are reminded of Jesus saying....” I am the way, the life and the TRUTH”. In Paul’s opinion Christ was the eternal truth.....
Old 21-11-2020, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

These 2 opposite interpretations (one with Jesus as the merchant...the other as us as the merchant) suggest how the duality of 2 can morph into the non duality of 1. When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage). In this instance we can be inspired by either. The net result is that we were inspired....the result being more important than the reason......if that makes any sense.....:)

Makes perfect sense

' When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage).'

Obviously Yin/Yang in Taoism..
Old 21-11-2020, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
A couple of more dots to connect.....in post #8 I mentioned ‘eternal truth’ as the pearl of great value. Paul had spoke of gaining Christ as the most valuable thing. We are reminded of Jesus saying....” I am the way, the life and the TRUTH”. In Paul’s opinion Christ was the eternal truth.....

If you see the ' Pearl ' as Wisdom then you could say Paul had the Wisdom to see Christ as the ' Eternal Truth '....
Different interpretations
Old 21-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Fascinating - For those that don't click the link.
The 2 sentence copy limit, btw.

The Jesus Sutras teach that because people’s innate good nature had become confused and obscured
(Christians might say “marred by sin”), God had to come to Earth as Ye Su (Jesus).

“Therefore, my Lord Ye Su, the One emanating in three subtle bodies, hid his true power, became a human,
and came on behalf of the Lord of Heaven to preach the good teachings” (2:17).

Do you see our normal condition and human natures as being corrupted?

I have no problem of evil and thus do not.

Regards
DL
Old 21-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Sky123,

These 2 opposite interpretations (one with Jesus as the merchant...the other as us as the merchant) suggest how the duality of 2 can morph into the non duality of 1. When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage). In this instance we can be inspired by either. The net result is that we were inspired....the result being more important than the reason......if that makes any sense.....:)

"When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage)."

I disagree, and so does my wife. She compliments me. She does not oppose me.

Yin and Yang are not opposites. They compliment each other, like front and back.

I hope your wife is not the opposite of you. Why would you marry such a person if she was?

Regards
DL
Old 21-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Makes perfect sense

' When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage).'

Obviously Yin/Yang in Taoism..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LJ5HNfNEY

Think complimentary and not opposite. This author ended in promoting Taoism.

I like this as well. from the same author.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM#t=134

Regards
DL
Old 21-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LJ5HNfNEY

Think complimentary and not opposite. This author ended in promoting Taoism.

I like this as well. from the same author.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM#t=134

Regards
DL

Yin/Yang represent two different sides of one coin, opposites but their properties are complementary and dependent on one another as one can't exist without the other. Each contains the seed of the other....
Old 21-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Do you see our normal condition and human natures as being corrupted?
You're asking me?
No. I have said many times here our true self, our true nature,
our core, our essence is pure, full of wonder and innocent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
"When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage)."

I disagree, and so does my wife. She compliments me. She does not oppose me.

Yin and Yang are not opposites. They compliment each other, like front and back.

I hope your wife is not the opposite of you. Why would you marry such a person if she was?

Regards
DL

' When opposites attract they merge into 1(marriage)." '

Yin/Yang is not about opposing but being complimentary. They work together to bring balance and harmony....
Old 21-11-2020, 08:05 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yin/Yang represent two different sides of one coin, opposites but their properties are complementary and dependent on one another as one can't exist without the other. Each contains the seed of the other....

Indeed, but again, they are not of opposing value. The rear is not a minus value.

If I gave you a coin with the front rubbed away, the opposite side would still be seen and of thus the coin would not lose it's value.

Regards
DL