Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Yahweh not only demands purposeless torture in hell, he also likes to have it on earth.
How do you know this...from the Old Testament?
Or from personal experience. I don't know who Yahweh is myself.
A name for God?

Or a name for a supernatural being they thought was God,
then blamed all sorts of disasters on 'Him'; from murders, floods, mass murders like a barbarian
warrior that was blood thirsty and jealous?
Is that who you personally think God is?
Wondering.

Not Who I know as my Creator, Father God.
Primitive, superstitious, fearful people thought this eons ago, tho.
Boy, did that Yahweh get a bad wrap.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
As an aside.

If Yahweh is real and has free will, then he is just letting evil happen without a purpose, as he already knows all outcomes and could just ship to the end.

Yahweh not only demands purposeless torture in hell, he also likes to have it on earth.

Regards
DL

You have made numerous assumptions..........

Yahweh not only allows FREE WILL but that is something he has given to people. It is up to each one of us as to what we will do with our own respective FREE WILL.

As for HELL, newer Bible translations generally translate the words correctly which means HELL is not found in many, newer translations. When HELL disappeared, so did the torture in HELL disappeared.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How do you know this...from the Old Testament?
Or from personal experience. I don't know who Yahweh is myself.
A name for God?

Or a name for a supernatural being they thought was God,
then blamed all sorts of disasters on 'Him'; from murders, floods, mass murders like a barbarian
warrior that was blood thirsty and jealous?
Is that who you personally think God is?
Wondering.

Not Who I know as my Creator, Father God.
Primitive, superstitious, fearful people thought this eons ago, tho.
Boy, did that Yahweh get a bad wrap.

If as described in scriptures, Yahweh deserves hell, not the adoration that Christians give the genocidal *deleted*.

As to my god, I follow more of the Phrases thinking as they are close to Gnostic Christians. They, like us, put man above god, where we belong.

I think I gave you a link to that.

Here is how I express and name my god.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Old 22-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You have made numerous assumptions..........

Yahweh not only allows FREE WILL but that is something he has given to people. It is up to each one of us as to what we will do with our own respective FREE WILL.

As for HELL, newer Bible translations generally translate the words correctly which means HELL is not found in many, newer translations. When HELL disappeared, so did the torture in HELL disappeared.

I refuted your free will garbage.

If you are going to ignore the bible, I will ignore you.

Show how Pharaoh had free will to keep his soft heart when Yahweh controlled his will by hardening his heart and changing his mind which wanted to let the people go.

Regards
DL
Old 22-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Master
Quote:

Show how Pharaoh had free will to keep his soft heart when Yahweh controlled his will by hardening his heart and changing his mind which wanted to let the people go.

Regards
DL

But if Pharaoh had ' Free will ' it wouldn't fit in with the ' Story '
Old 22-11-2020, 05:30 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
But if Pharaoh had ' Free will ' it wouldn't fit in with the ' Story '

So why insist that he had what you now say he did not have?

Regards
DL
Old 22-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
So why insist that he had what you now say he did not have?

Regards
DL

I didn't insist It is just a ' Story ', don't take it so serious.
Old 22-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:

Regards
DL

I already have explained that..............

If Pharaoh had let God's people free at the beginning, there would not have been any of the plagues, etc. Right at the 'beginning', Pharaoh had a hard heart.

Sure, when Pharaoh's first born died, he decided to let God's people go but then what did Pharaoh do? He pursued them and as the Israelites passed through the Red Sea, Pharaoh was right behind them. Why was Pharaoh pursuing them?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I already have explained that..............

If Pharaoh had let God's people free at the beginning, there would not have been any of the plagues, etc. Right at the 'beginning', Pharaoh had a hard heart.

Sure, when Pharaoh's first born died, he decided to let God's people go but then what did Pharaoh do? He pursued them and as the Israelites passed through the Red Sea, Pharaoh was right behind them. Why was Pharaoh pursuing them?

Because Yahweh had hardened his soft heart.

So much for free will and a benevolent god.

All that just so Yahweh could kill the innocent first born instead of the guilty parents.

What is it with your *deleted* of a god. He sure seems to like to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Babies, children, Jesus, justice does not seem to matter to Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 22-11-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: 2ndx bad word
Old 22-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I didn't insist It is just a ' Story ', don't take it so serious.

Those who suffer from homophobic and misogynous religions are legion and they take their discrimination without a just cause seriously.

If you are not with me, you are against me.

I gain nothing by reducing religious abuses. Neither will you, most likely, being a man, but many need and want to gain equality.

For evil to grow and all that, --- all you and I need do is not take the harm seriously.

Regards
DL