Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
The Feather

I usually do not have a problem hugging strangers - but I do think it for me is about the giving and taking.

I don't have a problem giving hugs when others need them, but if I need a hug, I think I would stiffen up a bit if a stranger came to hug me. For that reason I don't walk around hugging all the people I meet, just because they need it but I really want to, because I know there is ALOT of healing in a hug and touch does give more comfort than words.

Depending on the situation, I will ask people if I can give them a hug, and quite often people actually says yes they could really use that.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
If someone just walked up to you and..., yes we don't just approach anyone, but this is about someone approaching us and hugging us, what say if you were alone somewhere and a strange man just walked up to you and hugged you ?.

I don't think that's what she meant though slice. She followed this lady for a ways and sussed her out. By then you've got some sort of feeling about it all. We're not talking about some stranger out of nowhere approaching you. Sorry, I don't get where your coming from....and btw..go check out my aussie space i just started lol...HUGS...miss you
Old 08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Master
I LOVE HUGS XX

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
yinepu

Here topaz

Old 08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Here topaz

Thank you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN8CKwdosjE xx

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
yinepu

yeah its so cool ! sseen different versions world wide now , very very cool
Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Deactivated Account
I too think it's dodgy ground to hug a total stranger out of the blue. It's lovely in theory and when the stranger is receptive it's a wonderful experience, but sadly society isn't always like that. Past abuse, truama etc can make people extremely frightened of touch, and in any case some people just plain don't like it, stranger or not. Plus there's always the worry about being sued for harrassment (which of course is genuine in mnany instances, but intent can also be greatly misunderstood).
Old 08-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I too think it's dodgy ground to hug a total stranger out of the blue. It's lovely in theory and when the stranger is receptive it's a wonderful experience, but sadly society isn't always like that. Past abuse, truama etc can make people extremely frightened of touch, and in any case some people just plain don't like it, stranger or not. Plus there's always the worry about being sued for harrassment (which of course is genuine in mnany instances, but intent can also be greatly misunderstood).

too right starbuck
Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
spirit72

Psychoslice as nightspirit said use your common sense, don't be so black and White have a look around in the colour at times, I don't go around jumping on people, I was just trying to put across that some strangers I meet I get talking to and, I give them a hug, it happens all the time to me, I have even been asked for another one for good luck LOL... I really feel people's energy and there is nothing better than a hug to say a thousand words, and even after ten years or more you would never forget that moment in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
If someone just walked up to you and..., yes we don't just approach anyone, but this is about someone approaching us and hugging us, what say if you were alone somewhere and a strange man just walked up to you and hugged you ?.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM
spirit72

Big (((HUG))) right back at you smiler, hope you are well and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Spirit72
I think one just knows and feels what is appropriate in an exchange with a stranger..( are they are stranger spiritually though? )
So from one hugger to another HUGS

:)