Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Legrand

Symbols / What do they mean to you?

A place to share about spiritual symbols and what they mean to you.

Here is a first one. Shiva lightning staff holding the Damaru (the two sided drum) by the singularity in the middle of it.

Our physical universe his one side of the Damaru that emerged from the singularity, that Shiva is holding, in the Big Bang.

In the Big Crunch, our universe will return to its singularity that Shiva is holding in the middle of the Damaru and will come out from the outer side of the singularity as another new world.

Shiva is holding at the same time trillions and trillions of such Damaru by their singularity, this is how great Shiva is and how small our Universe is.

Antoine
Old 17-10-2021, 05:36 PM
Master

An interesting symbol. We can read much into it.

For example, the three prongs at the top can be seen as the first expression of the Absolute, the triplicity of Purusha (Spirit), Prakriti (Matter) and Consciousness.

The OM symbol below that can be considered as the Primordial Sound behind all manifestation.

The Damaru (drum) can be considered as the vibration produced by the Primordial Sound, out of which all of Creation appears.

And in the human being we can consider the lightning staff as symbolic of the spine, and the OM and the drum represent the Primordial Sound and its vibration we can hear within.

As above, so below.

Peace
Old 17-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Legrand

Nice interpretation IAmThat,

Maybe I can add,

That OM is the primordial Sound coming out from the Bindu as the primordial Ligth. The cup form of each drum on each side of the Damaru representing now Shakti making the sound of Hum inside of a Creation or Manifestation.

Old 18-10-2021, 02:12 AM
Master
With Ohm being Shiva Himself, in his dancing form, complete with crescent moon,

The trident, being the trinity, the trika, the Gunas, the Sushumna-Chitrini-Brahma central funnels, love-wisdom-power …
Old 01-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Legrand

Hello,

I just want to bring some clarification to my first post on this tread.

I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Our physical universe his one side of the Damaru that emerged from the singularity, that Shiva is holding, in the Big Bang.

In the Big Crunch, our universe will return to its singularity that Shiva is holding in the middle of the Damaru and will come out from the outer side of the singularity as another new world.

I used the Big Bang/Big Crunch physics hypothesis of the creation of this small universe to simplify my post.

Actually, every spark of dust, every quanta (from quantum physics), every atom, every galaxy, every Universe, every chakra, and so on, of this Multiverse has a bindu in it that the Entity we may call Shiva holds in its 'hands'.

Shiva is also just a Name that we as humans tried to give to this Entity that in fact as no Name for us little living beings.

May each and all come to experience this form of knowledge directly, for it cannot be transmitted by words.

Regards,

Antoine
Old 01-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Legrand

Another Symbolic Image,

It represents the Hieros Gamos. I can not find who made this painting. If ever someone knows please do let me know, I would like to exchange with this person if he or she is still alive.

One can see that it is mostly based by the Tarot symbolism, yet the overall symbolic of it is very strong in expressing the union of the female and male principle, and reaching a state of our psyche that those not rely only on the three basics form of it that we usually use. Meaning lower reason, the monkey, lower animal instincts, the Lion, and basic intuition the Unicorn.

Enjoy

Antoine

Old 02-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Master
I'm not big on using symbols although there are some I use or have used and others I don't really use but do love.

One is the pentagram or pentacle (both). I have used that a lot in the past during rituals when I was still practising hedgewitchcraft. But now that I have my protection & shielding from the inside out I rarely use it anymore. I don't practise hedgewitchcraft anymore either for that matter as I outgrew it.

Another is the infinity symbol which feels like my power symbol. I have a silver bracelet with a beautiful infinity symbol in it. I use the symbol regularly as it is part of Eden Energy Medicine to use it.

The Caduceus as this relates to me personally via Hermes and what Hermes stands for also resonates with me. That said, I do not use the symbol for anything. I have one standing in the cupboard that my son made for me because of the relation with it and my last name :)

Of late becoming more interesting in Sacred Geometry and I recently became the happy owner of 2 Metatron's Cubes. My son 3D-printed them for me as per my request as they're totally expensive to buy.

And I have a love for spirals. I made one in my garden that you can walk as an Inner Journey, a Spiral of Archimedes. It's about 3,5 - 4 meters diameter. Other than that, or occasionally walking it, I don't use that symbol.

I also love labyrinths!! One day hope to walk the one in the Chartres cathedral in Paris!

Yin & Yang also has meaning of course.

So a lot of symbols, but the only ones I actively use is infinity, Metatron's Cube.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
It represents the Hieros Gamos. I can not find who made this painting. If ever someone knows please do let me know, I would like to exchange with this person if he or she is still alive.
Hi Antoine

Very nice image. It took a while but I eventually found that it was by Franciscus Johannes Gijsbertus van den Berg, better known as Johfra Bosschart (1919-1998).

Back in the 1970s he did a series of paintings depicting the signs of the zodiac which were quite well known.

This particular picture is bursting with symbolism as you describe. As well as the Tarot symbols we can also see the pillars of the Kabbala Tree of Life with kundalini as the middle pillar. And astrologically, the Lion is obviously Leo while the Unicorn is the highest symbol of Capricorn, the one-pointed Initiate.

Many thanks for this - I will study it further.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 02-12-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:26 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi Antoine
Very nice image. It took a while but I eventually found that it was by Franciscus Johannes Gijsbertus van den Berg, better known as Johfra Bosschart (1919-1998).
(...)
Many thanks for this - I will study it further.

Peace

Thank you I Am That,

I do not know how you found Franciscus. I have looked everywhere on Google for the origin of this painting. Guess I will have to try to contact him in the afterlife since he died in 1998.

Many thanks to you!

Antoine
Old 02-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
So a lot of symbols, but the only ones I actively use is infinity, Metatron's Cube.

Hello FairyCrystal,

I see a lot of similarities between the symbol of the Damaru and the infinity symbol.

I do not use symbols to do magic, but like to explore them, for sometimes they convey an experience better than words.

Regards

Antoine