Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-10-2021, 11:15 PM
Knower

"Or if you want to know how Enlightened you are go spend a week with your parents. "

Ok, but I should warn you, they've both been buried years ago... :-P
Old 09-10-2021, 11:20 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm just saying this is how it is and this is the way you are. It is as it is.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water."

Maybe the only difference is a wink and a little sparkle in the eyes...
Old 18-10-2021, 08:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
'Enlightenment' is another way of saying 'you as you are now'.
Is the search for Enlightenment a response to a lack of self esteem?
Old 18-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
"Or if you want to know how Enlightened you are go spend a week with your parents. "

Ok, but I should warn you, they've both been buried years ago... :-P

Dark humour indeed some of the best humour is dark that's for sure, Regards Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm just saying this is how it is and this is the way you are. It is as it is.
If it's meant to be about non-duality it failed, its existence being the denial.

It's a collection of rapid-fire soundbites edited together. I gave up after 3 minutes. It got nowhere just babble so...... 'this is the way you are'?

No, it's not.

But it is as it is. I suppose it falls to someone to tell it as it is....a user-upper of time.
Old 18-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Is the search for Enlightenment a response to a lack of self esteem?
Low or high self-esteem is like a narrative about oneself which is usually extrapolated from pretty good evidence. It usually has something to do with worthiness, which relates to being lovable.

Last edited by Gem : 18-10-2021 at 11:34 PM.
Old 18-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If it's meant to be about non-duality it failed, its existence being the denial. It's a collection of rapid-fire soundbites edited together. I gave up after 3 minutes. It got nowhere just babble so...... 'this is the way you are'?
I personally have no opinion if the guy in the video is enlightened or not. I looked at his video history and thought it was pretty neurotic, so maybe it's a crazy master thing .

I since noticed 'actualised.org' has 2 videos on You Tube titled about Live Enlightenment "Happening in Real Time'. One dated 3 years ago and another dated 1 year ago, so apparently it happens every couple of years or so. (His videos are very long so I didn't use up time watching them.
Old 18-10-2021, 07:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I since noticed 'actualised.org' has 2 videos on You Tube titled about Live Enlightenment "Happening in Real Time'. One dated 3 years ago and another dated 1 year ago, so apparently it happens every couple of years or so. (His videos are very long so I didn't use up time watching them.
I heard about Frank Yang in the Actualized forum, and he divides opinion even in that avant-garde spiritual community. But I don't judge people either way, I can't see into someone else's mind and I'm not enlightened myself anyway! There seems to be a trend nowadays for spiritual seekers avoiding having a formal relationship with a teacher, spiritual director or guru and proclaiming their own awakenings and enlightenment experiences. I can see both pros and cons to this, but I wish the guy well.
Old 18-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Dark humour indeed some of the best humour is dark that's for sure, Regards Joe.

"Oh, you have no idea..." -- Jeremy Irons
Old 18-10-2021, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
I heard about Frank Yang in the Actualized forum, and he divides opinion even in that avant-garde spiritual community. But I don't judge people either way, I can't see into someone else's mind and I'm not enlightened myself anyway! There seems to be a trend nowadays for spiritual seekers avoiding having a formal relationship with a teacher, spiritual director or guru and proclaiming their own awakenings and enlightenment experiences. I can see both pros and cons to this, but I wish the guy well.
Well, anyone can be anything on the internet and live enlightenment might even become a hot TikTok trend one day.