Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-10-2021, 04:33 AM
Knower

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT?

What is it that you want?

I am not asking this question on a grand scale of LIFE or ….. larger picture that you may have about your goals and achievements.

This question is limited to your spiritual quest……. What is it that you want?....... out of this seeking

And unless you know that…….. How would you know….. that you have got it …..at the end of your search.

Before I urge you to contemplate on the above question, I must try and answer it for myself.
WHAT IS IT THAT I WANT?

Wherever I am using the words I, me, myself or you …. These refer to the Mind-Body

I am a Chemical Engineer by qualification
MBA by professional qualification
Work experience of 40+ years as Corporate Executive as a professional
A student of Physics and Spirituality by inclination.
70 years old
Retired eight years ago
Read about 600 books on various subjects in the first six years of my retirement and now hardly any reading in the last two years.
COVID survivor 2020…. Survived by a very thin margin….
I am from Mumbai … India

Now let me try and articulate… What is it that I really want…

1. I want a total and complete acceptance of the world and people around me as it is. What I mean by that is…..May it happen that
2. Happen that…Neither the situations / circumstances (The world) nor the people are responsible for what is happening to me in any way. It is that way because it is supposed to be that way.
3. Happen that…I should not be judging anyone for their actions or non-actions in respect of dealings with me or about anything
4. Happen that…I should not be blaming myself for something that I could have done better but did not do.
5. Happen that…I should not be judging my inability, lack of skills in some areas as my fault.
6. Happen that…It is natural that the thoughts of Kama/Lust, Krodh/Anger, Mada/Pride, Matsar/Jealousy, Lobh/Greed and Moha/Attachment will arise in this MindBody from time to time, I should not be dwelling on these … any longer… but discard these as quickly as possible before Lust turns to Perverse behaviour, Anger turns to Hate, Pride turns to Arrogance, Jealousy turns to Crookedness, Greed turns to Wickedness and Attachment turns to Obsession or Fear.
7. Happen that… I should be able to act and do spontaneously what is just needed (including doing nothing) in any situation and be able to accept every doing / non-doing by me or others as a happening.
8. Happen that…I should not be unduly worried about the health and financial welfare of my family. What will be will be.
9. Lastly but not in the least, I should care two pennies if none of the above happens. Let life flow…..

Now it’s your turn ladies and gentlemen.
Namaskar
Old 01-10-2021, 01:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Liberation from suffering.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Master

What u want

Quote:
Now let me try and articulate… What is it that I really want
Great list. It must be helping you very much.

For me spirituality is relation with God n world .
Naturally i want my relation n bonding with God who is king of kings to be stronger n growing everyday and all that is required follows naturally.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:50 AM
Master
I only want good health.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Knower
I'm glad you asked this question about just spirituality Uday, it makes it easier for me. In the rest of my life I've got a long list, but for spirituality I only want one thing: clear awareness. I don't want to change anything else. As the saying goes 'awareness alone is curative'.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:49 PM
Master
Uday_Advaita,

I can relate to you in many ways.

As for "What is it that I really want…"

nothing.... really.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for "What is it that I really want…"
nothing.... really.
BigJohn

Hey! It is really great to KNOW what you want
You are a saint.
Namaskar