Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-09-2021, 10:48 PM
Master

don't know if i should post in this thread!
i do believe in non-duality but at the same time in absolute duality
there can be one single source of everything that's in everything and an existential battle between good and evil
Old 30-09-2021, 01:37 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i do believe in non-duality but at the same time in absolute duality there can be one single source of everything that's in everything and an existential battle between good and evil

lol, all opinions are welcomed! I did read (or maybe heard) something like what you stated somewhere but I can't remember where. I'm just now learning about all of this so please share more if you care to :)
Old 30-09-2021, 10:04 AM
Master

thankyou for that!
i beat a hasty retreat from what i guess is duality. i just couldn't relate to the universe properly and i'm still retreating haha. but i can't on the other hand ignore the dualities that exist. they must flow out of the one being so i see the dualities as temporary i guess and caused by free will. evil is temporary there was a time and there is a place it doesn't exist. as i get older i'm settling more on this kind of thing and it's working out so far so good anyway.
i'm not really too worried about the exact details i probably would be none the wiser if i knew!
Old 30-09-2021, 11:09 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Hitting absolute rock-bottom.
Exactly!
As I have always said: There's no difference between an Awakened Yogi and anyone else
except that the Yogi said, "Enough!", that is, he was fed up with suffering!!
I reg person tolerates suffering longer! LOL!!!

JASG, between you and me -I think you will like this guy - in about 20 min(?), He brings up Avaita...
a 'Buddha at the Gas Pump' interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9kL9kbAwY

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2021, 01:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
JASG, between you and me -I think you will like this guy - in about 20 min(?), He brings up Avaita...
a 'Buddha at the Gas Pump' interview.
Added: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9kL9kbAwY
Did you intend to leave a link to the video? Looking at the BATGP YouTube videos I see a new interview with Peter Russell. He has a video on YT called "The Primacy of Consciousness" that I came across during my consciousness studies and it left a rather large impression.
Old 30-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Master
At level of mind-body, we are in duality. The concept of non-duality is not enough to actually accept non-duality, although affirmations of masters and scriptures encourage us to search for the truth.

In my case, I’d say that upon recognising the futility of this endless game of craving, more oft than not leading to consciousness contraction, I simply chose to enter silence, throwing out the thoughts & deeds I deemed as harmful. Or we may say, I listened to the voice of conscience.

This began a shift of internalising attention in thought rested stillness. Still dual. Energy activation, dual. In time, I experienced both void and manifestation, still dual, though subtler. Then consciousness expansion, encompassing all there is - interconnectedness but not oneness. Then Samadhi when time & space didn’t exist and I vaporised to become bliss … not experiencing because there was no experiencer - became bliss throbbing in self-renewal. I’d say this was oneness, though temporary. Then as one with the absolute essence or spirit in-dwelling all forms … profound, oneness definitely.

As such, when we become, then we know in definitiveness. Before that, it’s but a mind game, conjectural.
Old 30-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Did you intend to leave a link to the video?
I stopped drinking Coffee Tuesday...yes, I capitalize Coffee!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9kL9kbAwY

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2021, 02:46 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I stopped drinking Coffee Tuesday...yes, I capitalize Coffee!
Coffee is Absolute. LOL!

My first cup of the day is my version of Bullet-Proof coffee. I start with good beans and to the cup of coffee add half&half, a lump of ghee, a lump of extra virgin coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon of unsweetened 100% cocao powder and froth it up with a whisk. It's so GOOOOOOOD!!
Old 30-09-2021, 03:44 PM
Master

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
I was 4 years old, walking down the sidewalk and saying out loud, "I'm really here!". Suddenly, I experienced life as a Dream, and I was the Dreamer. I thought about telling my parents, but I knew they wouldn't understand. They thought life was real. The experience lasted only a few moments or minutes, but it changed my life.

I have been reflecting on your post trying to grasp what you had conveyed. Others here seem to get it but I don't. So, I would appreciate your clarifications to dispel my puzzlement. My questions are:

1. What do you mean by "I am really here!"

2. You were 4. Why, at that age, did you surmise that you parents wouldn't understand what you were experiencing? I was carrying a 2 year old tot on a moonlit walk. She pointed to the moon, and said to me, "Sit there?" She didn't think I would find it crazy to want to sit on that yellow ball floating in the sky a quarter of a million miles away.

3. You have later, presumably as an adult, deduced that your experiencing life as a "Dream" when you were 4 was because your personality was not fully integrated. What do you mean by that?
Old 30-09-2021, 04:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
I have been reflecting on your post trying to grasp what you had conveyed. Others here seem to get it but I don't. So, I would appreciate your clarifications to dispel my puzzlement.
I get what's being said and let me explain it this way by first starting with a question. Have you ever experienced a lucid dream? If not I expect you know of lucid dreaming.

Inside the dream you realize it's all playing out inside you. There's only You and the entire dream, including your dream body, is just appearances within You. There's nothing apart from You.

In essence a lucid dream is non-duality within the realm of dreaming. One "sees" through the Maya of dream reality. Now imagine the waking equivalent.