Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Do it a few times in a row (holding you breath as long as you can), you will see that after 3 or 4 times, you can feel pains. ... pump any more energy with that technique (without damaging anything in me).

I tried this a few times, and i felt very relaxed, at peace, well, with a clear mind and energetic. I didn't had any pain or disconfort. I think what is very important is to listen to your body and never force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybOi4hjZFQ
Old 25-09-2021, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
When you look at either they don't look beautiful and young, and aging is a result of stress, whether that is physical, toxic input, mental.

I didn't knew about his brother. For Wim, at 62 i've the feeling he looks like somebody of his age.
I agree Wim maybe goes to extremes with his body and his cold practice, but we don't need to go to such extreme.
Old 25-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Master
A video about what happens to the body scientifically with the W.H technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-r35dBbAB8
Old 26-09-2021, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Do some of you practise his techniques ? And can this have some spiritual benefit ? It's technique has a benefit on the well being of the body and the emotion at least.

Yes, I have done those breathing exercises. They can be effective and you can hold your breath for much longer after a session.

I have done cold showering for quite a while, and cold swimming.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, I have done those breathing exercises. They can be effective and you can hold your breath for much longer after a session.

I've practised a little his breathing exercice. It's quite interesting what sensations, feelings, state of consciousness it gives you. And it's very surprising to be able to hold the breath after the exhale more than 2 minutes.

So very interesting is Wim Hof, but i think this technique is to be practised with care for fragile people or with illness. It's like intense (moderately for the breathing, not so moderately for the ice bath) training and not to be overdone in my opinion.

The breathing technique, i love it, it's a mix of holotropic/rebirthing, with breath retention. It's said the body will build many chimicals, adrenaline, DMT, red blood cells, EPO,...
Old 01-10-2021, 10:36 PM
Master

there is more to the cold than just the shock - warmth/cold will rearrange the 'muscles' in your body in beneficial ways to the extent you are able to let it. Cold is supposed to be more relevant to us though less liked...

my guides showed me one of those mugs that retains cold so I felt like if you do it for a while your body will hold its shape at least for a while until you are in a warmer place long enough. I was also told other things like if you do it long enough and you are 'pure' enough the body will also start generated heat so you won't be cold after all... then your skin gets red and pasty lol. Kinda like that guy they described in the bible early on... of course other people might have choice things to say if you got yourself into that predicament (wolfish grin).

Of course if you are cold you also get shivers... if you like the wim hof breathing you might appreciate it is probably better to learn to intensify that rather than void it out. We do so much voiding things out in the name of 'good feelings' but noone realizes that isn't necessarily a good thing... we are all too stuck on good feelings to be able to do anything rational with anything but whatever feelings we desire to have.

I can't comment on the breathing although I did it for a few seconds and see what they mean about the potential for dizziness... but I'm into holding my breath and then acting like I'm breathing anyway. Which also sometimes leads to dizziness. It can be *very* disconcerting given you then get stuck with all sorts of sensations that you will know are bad... but I like it anyway. I did it long enough that I'm used to things burning off and becoming more manageable with time given... meanwhile I've seen enough about altered states to think there is something there...

The other thing I wanted to say and this is important: rest. He said that in the 'under the hood' video you shared and I just want to say it again. Take a chance and consider that what people tell you about always having to push on or at least maintain the status quo may not be as viable as just giving plants nourishment and letting them grow at their own pace.

I find that a lot of what people say about htings, is misguided at best.

you have a good thing going with your 'do it in moderation' attitude.

Another thing you may consider if you get into the muscle-adaptation aspect of cold is that staying up late into the night also does muscle-adaptation. Although as usual people will tell you all sorts of stuff about how bad that is for you... lol...

oh... and I would be remiss if I didn't tell you a good posture is the prayer posture. kneeling among other things acts like a shock absorber and makes it much easier to stomach if you get dizzy and fall over lol... also it helps in the muscle adaptation thing lol!
Old 21-10-2021, 12:33 AM
MAYA EL

This touches base on one of my favorite hobbies and that is neuroscience

The reason cold showers and running in the snow saved wimhof's life is because he learned how to reset his neuro pathways manually and a neural pathway is your brains pattern of reward and suffering

so if you are trained to enjoy going and getting the mail then you will feel the desire to go and get the mail which is dopamine then you'll get serotonin after you finally get the mail which gives you satisfaction and happiness

however if you do not enjoy getting the mail but you want to change that to where you do enjoy getting the mail what you do is you force yourself when you don't want to do it you go and do it anyways this triggers the brain and makes it aware of the fact that it's learning something new then after you've completed the task of getting the mail you would ideally take a cold shower 5 minutes tops doesn't need to be long but it does need to be shockingly cold to you it has to be uncomfortable

reason being is this gives you a epinephrine release and a dopamine release in fact a cold shower will release more dopamine than snorting cocaine that's actually a scientifically proven fact and this also helps to solidify your new task you want to become a habit so then after the shower rest and relax you don't have to fall asleep but you do need to be in a meditative State sitting laying down eyes closed quiet not talking not moving for about 45 minutes this is the time when your brain remaps its neural pathways to adapt to whatever the environment happens to be so whatever your opinion is at this point of relaxation is going to start solidifying in your personality

so if you want to be good at getting the mail then think positively about it tell yourself you enjoy it as you meditate

This will make your brain change to where eventually you'll think about going and getting the mail and have a surge of dopamine giving you the energy cognitive strength and motivation to go and get the mail because you now have the neural pathways for that