Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-09-2021, 02:21 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Clearly a paradox.
If Brahman is the essential reality of the universe and has manifested himself as this universe then he has also manifested himself as hate and love.
So you can hate your brother. And claim to love your god.

Brahman/Logos, is no respecters of man, He sends his blessings and disasters on the wicked and righteous alike. They are in fact the one God who is seen as the universal body, in which, the Supreme Personality and his supporters, to have developed within the everlasting, are likened to the warrior cells, that identify and destroy any cancerous cells which threaten to destroy that living body from within.

According to Hindu writings, Kalki is predicted to end the chaos and degeneration by assembling a large army to eradicate the "forces of evil and wickedness, and to recreate the world anew along with a new cycle of time (yuga).

Whereas the Christian scriptures have ‘The Son of Man’ coming with all his angels to destroy the wicked and establish the new order of righteousness.

The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become ‘WHO YOU ARE’, and that gathering of parental spirits, which is the evolving ‘SON OF MAN,’ dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] who stands on the highest and final rung of the ladder of evolution in this period of universal activity.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body, which godhead should be an obedient servant to “WHO YOU ARE.”

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, which returns to ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT,’ [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected in this cycle, or the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death.

For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

May our God preserve you Busby.
Old 21-09-2021, 08:04 AM
Master

Well, The Anointed,

It's always the same old story,

Whoever or whatever (if we want to believe it) created the thing we call life also created all kinds of variants. Also those we call good and bad.

It all belongs to the Whole.

And will do until the universe begins again.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 21-09-2021, 11:22 AM
General reminder I'm placing on some random threads and for some new people unaware - welcome here:
*The Administration has asked for almost a year now when quoting others
please quote only 2-3 sentences...example, 'Ref to Post 32' can help things along.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Master
Just dipping in here
"If the Hindu believe that the God Brahman, is the essential reality of the universe, and is the eternal divine spirit from which all being originates and to who all must return at the close of each period of universal activity, then you must believe that Brahman has manifested himself as this universe and all herein, and if your brothers originated from your God, then how can you hate your brother and yet claim to love your God."
There are two different perspectives here- the human one and the divine one, both need understanding.
As a human, other humans also acting under the effects of a human ego can be not just nasty, but outright horrible. attempting to deal with them as god in this state is nonsense. So the human condition creates a need for discerment. Yes everyone ultimately is Brahman, but not here not now, here we have to love but also deal appropriately with each situation as it arises. I use deserve or not deserve as my guide. Does that person treat me kindly?, then yes they deserve my kindness. Does that person treat me badly? if no, then I have to adopt my approach. Under the confusion of maya there is no singular answer.

Last edited by peteyzen : 21-09-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 21-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Master
QUOTE 42 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It all belongs to the Whole.

For one who understands that, some of these questions do not even arise.

Thank you for reminding everyone of that.
Old 21-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Master

savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 35 EXCERPT:
I am not disputing that.

Ya I know u are not disputing . Just was elaborating on what i wrote . Even "Son of Man" comes with angels to re-establish the righteous ways . The implied here also is need of good people - angels . If there are no good people , Father in the heaven is far capable to tackle any situation with His remote controls and defeat any evils . Just that not many may understand it .
Old 21-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Master

another chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
at least deserve another chance to be resurrected physically in the next cycle of universal activity.

May our God preserve you.
Another chance is there with us in terms of re-incarnation if one so believe. God by default is merciful and His wrath comes only after giving lots of warning signs .

Hope your query is answered to your satisfaction .

Feel u are blessed soul of God and pray u stay so ever.
Old 21-09-2021, 11:53 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Does that person treat me kindly?, then yes they deserve my kindness. Does that person treat me badly? if no, then I have to adopt my approach. Under the confusion of maya there is no singular answer.

I agree! But if for the sake of society, you are forced to take out an incurable psychopathic child molesting murderer, you don't have to hate that person who you see as poor mentally terminally sick individual, who would continue to be a threat to all of society.

We do not hate the person, but we do hate the evil actions of that person.

As Paul says in 1 Corinthians 5:5; "Hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the Day of the Lord."
Old 22-09-2021, 05:09 AM
Master

Quote:

To the biblically believing Christian, it is after the destruction by heavenly fire, of all physical life forms on this earth, that ‘The Son of Man’, will take the throne of ‘The Most High’ in the creation, and divide the righteous disembodied spirits=minds who are to inherit everlasting life, from the disembodied minds=spirits of the unrepentant wicked, who are cast into the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is the second death, no eternal suffering, but eternal death from which there is no return.

In Hinduism, the focus is on creating an ideal mindset characterized by Self-awareness, mental equanimity and strength, and a positive attitude.

With regard to hell, Sadhguru states thus....

Quote:
If you are well-managed within yourself, you know how to manage your thought, emotion, body, chemistry, energy what does it matter if you walk into hell !

If you are well-managed, if you are heaven within you, what does it matter where you go, hell also will be an interesting place to go.

But if you are ill-managed then you want to be in a nice place all the time. You will not step out into anything. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

So the total focus is on creating an ideal state of mind, wherein hell also becomes an interesting place to go rather than be fearfully perceived as a place of torture and terror.

Of course, to create such a state of mind takes a lot of practice and austerity but therein lies the development and fulfillment of human and spiritual potential.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 22-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Master

hating an individual

Quote:
if you are forced to take out an incurable psychopathic child molesting murderer, you don't have to hate that person who you see as poor mentally terminally sick individual, who would continue to be a threat to all of society.
"

If without hating criminal , one can help others identify/detect/hand over the murderer to state police , it's great . But ordinary soul like me ( including state judiciary / policing ) can not do so easily . Our only hate to heinous crime only energizes / enables into action to catch/nab/punish such criminal.

While not hating an individual is an ideal goal (as pointed by you) but in reality hating a crime and criminal is so intertwined that it is very difficult to distinguish.