Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 09-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Pathfinder

Pan-spiritualism

Where can I find more decent information on the theory of pan-spiritualism? or what some term pan-psychism? I've only recently come across this theory, whether it's a belief or religion I'm not sure. I'm interested, because after spending many years researching it seems to be the closest thing that fits my world view.

'
Old 10-03-2021, 07:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
Where can I find more decent information on the theory of pan-spiritualism? or what some term pan-psychism? I've only recently come across this theory, whether it's a belief or religion I'm not sure. I'm interested, because after spending many years researching it seems to be the closest thing that fits my world view.

'

I'm a Modern Spiritualist who writes here in this forum and elsewhere about the religion and philosophy of Spiritualism. The only thing I can be sure about is that 'pan-spiritualism' (or 'pan-pschism') is not to be found in Spiritualism.

My thought is that if you can't find any information online then it appears not to be widely followed.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:42 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Bobjob

Namaste
Old 15-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Pathfinder

Okay then, guess I am in the wrong area or have my terms confused. What is spiritualism?

I always just saw spirituality / spiritualism as an all encompassing term that included anything and everything relating to spirit, the soul or spiritual counterpart of reality.
Old 15-03-2021, 02:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Okay then, guess I am in the wrong area or have my terms confused. What is spiritualism?

I always just saw spirituality / spiritualism as an all encompassing term that included anything and everything relating to spirit, the soul or spiritual counterpart of reality.

It's a common misunderstanding.

What you understand about 'spiritualism' is fine when it's not spelled with an upper-case S ('Spiritualism') and/or not under the umbrella category 'Religions & Faiths' as it is here on Spiritual Forums. I'll likely be accused of playing semantics but it's a similar situation with 'conservative' and (political adherent) 'Conservative'.

The religion and philosophy of Spiritualism - or 'Modern Spiritualism' - is something whose simple principles you'll find explained in other threads in this forum.
Old 19-03-2021, 09:07 AM
hazada guess

Pan-spiritualism............. I've never heard of it. I wish people wouldn't give everything a label.
Old 19-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Pan-spiritualism............. I've never heard of it. I wish people wouldn't give everything a label.

I don't mind labels provided they are labels that mean something and that what's labelled is actually relevant.

Used appropriately labels help us navigate. Used inappropriately, inaccurately or loosely they're worse than no label at all!

The label 'spiritualism' gets used to mean so much but used the way I use it along with many other Spiritualists, it has one specific meaning. You have to remember, though, I've often been accused of 'semantics' so maybe I ain't the right person to be saying anything about anything!
Old 19-03-2021, 11:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

'

I could find a video on youtube by Steve Taylor on "panspiritism," and apparently, there are books.

He has a website stevenmtaylor.com and there are some online articles as well.
Old 20-03-2021, 05:34 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone,

I just googled the word spiritualism and yes apparently not what the word itself implies. It says basically spiritualism is an informal religion or belief in spirits existing beyond the physical, etc. I consider myself spiritual, but not religious. I am a spiritualist, born of spirit - so I just assumed that spiritualism was another similar term for someone spiritual. It's just adding -ism to the end, so technically this is what it SHOULD actually imply.

I did a quick google on panspiritualism while I was at it and Wikipedia says, "panspirituality (uncountable)
The quality or state of finding the spiritual manifest throughout the physical universe"

This seems to be the most accurate description of reality based on my experiences, research, discoveries and personal development. Spirit is first and foremost, eternal and infinite, pervading everything and anything. Everything is connected and brought to life by spirit - it's not as simple as just saying pure unaltered consciousness is the foundational aspect of reality, because spirit animates and gives awareness and rise to consciousness.

Peace all.
Old 20-03-2021, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thanks everyone,

I just googled the word spiritualism and yes apparently not what the word itself implies. It says basically spiritualism is an informal religion or belief in spirits existing beyond the physical, etc. I consider myself spiritual, but not religious. I am a spiritualist, born of spirit - so I just assumed that spiritualism was another similar term for someone spiritual. It's just adding -ism to the end, so technically this is what it SHOULD actually imply.

I did a quick google on panspiritualism while I was at it and Wikipedia says, "panspirituality (uncountable)
The quality or state of finding the spiritual manifest throughout the physical universe"

This seems to be the most accurate description of reality based on my experiences, research, discoveries and personal development. Spirit is first and foremost, eternal and infinite, pervading everything and anything. Everything is connected and brought to life by spirit - it's not as simple as just saying pure unaltered consciousness is the foundational aspect of reality, because spirit animates and gives awareness and rise to consciousness.

Peace all.

God bless Google, no matter how fuzzy the details found by using its search engine.

Whatever pan-spiritualism is considered to be it's nothing at all to do with the formal religion and philosophy of Spiritualism.