Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 04:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you noticed, I wrote 'some people..... can see in the dark".
I quoted exactly what you wrote and the posting - after correcting my mistake about the number - in which you wrote it.

Quote:
'Darkness' implies to me as the sentence was written as being totally dark. No light levels. Some might say seeing in total darkness is a gift probably from Spirit.
And some might say such an idea is fanciful. Either way I'll just say it's not the field of the everyday mediumship I know about. But, of course, I'm a Brit. Spiritualist and my specialty is UK Spiritualism's mediumship.

When I've seen proof that some individuals can see using their physical eyes in darkness - totally dark, no light as you've suggested - I'll admit I was mistaken. I've specified their normal, physical eyes as I don't want to leave it open that they see using their so-called third eye. Just regular vision.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Master
Their are some that say that some can see in total darkness is fanciful but then there are some who will say it can happen. If it can happen, as I have said, it does appear to be another gift from Spirit.

As for this topic being related to 'the field of the everyday mediumship', I would say it does. This subject was brought up where some people can see in total darkness during a seance. Seanaces are generally considered a part of mediumship by most people .

In some cases, Mediumship is 'acquired' after 'gaining' some of the gifts from Spirit. But then, some say we already have them and they claim all we got to do is acknowledge that we have them.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
If it can happen, as I have said, it does appear to be another gift from Spirit.
That was a neat segue into now saying "...if it can happen" hmmmm

Last edited by bobjob : 03-01-2022 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
As for this topic being related to 'the field of the everyday mediumship', I would say it does.
I'll repeat what I wrote earlier: " Either way I'll just say it's not the field of the everyday mediumship I know about." I don't know where you find mediumship but wherever it is it's not what I recognize as mediumship - based on what you write.

blessings
Old 03-01-2022, 07:16 PM
Master
I always considered Seances as a part of Mediumship. It appears, that is an area we differ in.

In your own personal opinion, do you feel people can get involved and eventually master Mediumship or is it an illusive goal?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Deactivated Account
We're speaking similar - but different - languages. But that's not where we differ. I respond to points you've raised but you don't give a response so I'm left wondering if you even read what I wrote. I make points which you either ignore or you don't see.

I'm a long-time Spiritualist and I always declare my knowledge is about UK Spiritualism and its mediumship. Yet you try to tell me about Spiritualism when you're not even a Spiritualist.

You write about mediumship and seances but never tell us where you experience them. Is there any wonder your seance knowledge appears different from what I call "everyday mediumship"? By that term I mean the mediumship which is an every day part of UK Spiritualism. I readily acknowledge I don't know what goes down in the US version but neither do you.

I stick to what I know from experience and learning and I ask questions about what I don't.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
quote: "In some cases, Mediumship is 'acquired' after 'gaining' some of the gifts from Spirit. But then, some say we already have them and they claim all we got to do is acknowledge that we have them."

We've walked this path many times before. I will not be walking it again.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I always considered Seances as a part of Mediumship. It appears, that is an area we differ in.
Mediumship can take place in a group setting with several sitters or if there's just two, the medium and the beneficiary of the service the medium is providing.

A seance is just a word for a meeting where mediumship takes place. As a Spiritualist I don't use the word 'seance'.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:42 PM
Administrator
We are going around and Around in circles here and getting no where fast.
This topic has run its course

Namaste
Closed Thread