Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-09-2021, 08:16 AM
Knower
Perfection

Hello everyone,

I grew up with the concept of "God's creation" being perfect. I was told to look at the stars, nature, human body...
But when I look again now, I see also wars, human traffic, child abuse, natural disasters, COVID... It seems to be far from perfection. Even human beings seem to be designed purposefully to do horrible things.
Is this perfection a myth, or should we look at things in a different way?

Thanks!
Old 22-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Master

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary isaak
I grew up with the concept of "God's creation" being perfect. I was told to look at the stars, nature, human body....

Growing up with concept of God's perfection is correct. The problems u c in ourselves and in world are challenges planted to ignite our passions,to motivate us for action n to draw out best in us . Using all these we can attempt to make things better than they are.

Of course at times n most of the times our efforts may not have any bearing on big picture. But God is not worried about it. Big picture is His exclusive responsibilty.
All He is cared about which side u are on to make things better or worse.
Old 22-09-2021, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
All He is cared about which side u are on to make things better or worse.

What is better for the goose is always not so for the gander. We can never see eye to eye on anything.*Deleted*. Even God is a cause of division between those who want to make things better than they are, and others who view religion as the cause of war.

Would you consider at looking at God a different way?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 23-09-2021 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Plenty of other threads on Covid
Old 23-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
I grew up with the concept of "God's creation" being perfect. I was told to look at the stars, nature, human body...
But when I look again now, I see also wars, human traffic, child abuse, natural disasters, COVID... It seems to be far from perfection. Even human beings seem to be designed purposefully to do horrible things.
Regarding the current state of humanity, yes it seems far from perfect. I find it helpful to think of humanity as a work in progress - we humans are still evolving and developing, and we have a long way to go. But the potential for humanity to express Divine Intent is present, and when we eventually fulfil that potential then the Earth will be a very different place.

Regarding the idea of perfection, I do not consider this to be a myth. We could philosophise that if the Cause of all things is perfect then the effects must also be perfect, but this is not always apparent. But accounts of mystical or transcendental experiences often include the realisation of the magnificent perfection of Creation just as it is, despite all the apparent flaws. And this includes the understanding that everything happens just as it is meant to, and it is all good. Unfortunately it is often difficult to appreciate this.

Peace
Old 23-09-2021, 10:12 PM
Master

a place for everything and everything in its place --- seems kinda like death to me. Life seems more messy than that...
Old 24-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Master

play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
What is better for the goose is always not so for the gander. We can never see eye to eye on anything.

That's where is the excitement , thrill , fun , suspense , challenge lies in this world and makes it more inviting and interesting.
Even a small simple sport of 2 hour (say soccur ) requires lot of practice , knowledge of and adherence to rules , team bonding , planning etc . So do u think the life ( which is mosaic and grand inter-play of all this on an ongoing basis ) is any simple and is any different .

We have the same situation everywhere (family , friends , colleagues , community fellow beings ,corporations ,governments ,corporation etc) . Yet we work with all these to have win-win situations . Spirituality is no different . You be on the side of God to make this world a better place in your own capacity and God makes our life better . Although God is beyond such quid pro quo , He understands the difficulties and needs of seekers and does the needful HIS OWN way and NOT necessarily the seeker desired / preferred/ thought way.
Old 24-09-2021, 04:37 PM
Master

God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Even God is a cause of division between those who want to make things better than they are, and others who view religion as the cause of war.
There are many views for looking at God . In this context , I say it is true there are differences of opinion/conflicts . However through love / compassion / dedication one can rise above conflicts / difference and see the common denominator and can work towards common goal in one's own capacity . Consistent practice of such principles can also work & help in material world .
Old 24-09-2021, 05:32 PM
Good posts so far. :)

Quote:
I grew up with the concept of "God's creation" being perfect.
No, this perfection is not a myth.
We should look at things in a different way.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Great question and observation. It reminded me of a question or spiritual quandry that formulated on my own path (as zig zaggy as it has been). I became engrossed for awhile with the question of how can we even be aware of perfection if it didn't exist ? The question probably harkens back to St. Thomas Aquanis or St. Augustine, I'm sure I've read about it a couple of times but my question wasn't to do with a 'Perfect God' outside of ourselves but with the simple fact that every human being knows what perfection is ? Even people committing evil acts seem at times to want to commit a perfect evil act. What I'm saying probably seems very rudimentary and obvious and I'm sure it does but it seems to me that perfection is some kind of an innate principle which is used to guide our lives 'sometimes'.

I had an OBE/NDE experience which took me to a perfect place. All I can say about that is that whilst there I was fully known, or perfectly known, which felt unbelievably fantastic Didn't even know that I craved or wanted 'to be known'. I suppose referencing the Bible when it says every hair is counted, it felt as if every part of me was known. Also every part of me was loved, perfectly. Anyways thanks for letting me share and reflect. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge