Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 04-07-2021, 09:47 AM
Deactivated Account
We like to help but even regulars will likely miss strange and even ridiculous postings in out-of-the-way threads and/or forums.

I'd guess many regulars stick with favorite threads and forums and probably don't often go looking at those that don't have appeal. That's certainly how I work. Weird stuff can get missed and non-regulars may not know what they should do.

The only way for staff to be absolutely sure nothing untoward gets posted but missed is to quickly check every new posting made since their last sign on. Unless someone knows different?
Old 11-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Seeker

I merged this with a pre-existing thread, Miss Hepburn

Every time I log in here, I am unable to see a list of new or recent posts. The button for such does not work?
Old 11-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Wildstar
Every time I log in here, I am unable to see a list of new or recent posts. The button for such does not work?
This is a situation I've experienced for many months or longer. Sometimes it will work, often it won't and there is another regular glitch.
I now routinely scan all forums to check for recent postings.
Old 13-07-2021, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
@op: If your browser has an "incognito" mode, then you can use it to log into SF.

Incognito window, (is called in Chrome based browser), opens a page which will not use the standard cache, history and cookies.

When the new page does not show anything, i'll open it in an incognito mode. I have to log in there to get the results.

I think that is better than having to clear the cache, because the cache is cleared for every other page, as well.
Old 13-07-2021, 07:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
@op: If your browser has an "incognito" mode, then you can use it to log into SF.
Incognito window, (is called in Chrome based browser), opens a page which will not use the standard cache, history and cookies.
When the new page does not show anything, i'll open it in an incognito mode. I have to log in there to get the results.
I think that is better than having to clear the cache, because the cache is cleared for every other page, as well.
I've heard the cache issue explanation before but others have reported they've cleared their caches without improvement.

I use several websites, one my own, without any of the issues I experience on SF which might suggest it's a software glitch here rather than a browser problem.
Old 14-07-2021, 02:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
cleared their caches without improvement
Then it must be the cache in combination with cookies. (and maybe the info which is saved on the server ?)

If i open the incognito window, then i always get the "New posts", even if it did not work before, in the normal mode.

But, if i click on the "Mark forums read", while i'm logged in the normal mode, then the "new posts" button will not show any new posts.
(well there are some exceptions).

Maybe a forum software update would help?!
Old 14-07-2021, 06:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Then it must be the cache in combination with cookies. (and maybe the info which is saved on the server ?)
If i open the incognito window, then i always get the "New posts", even if it did not work before, in the normal mode.
Maybe a forum software update would help?!
On your last point you may be right but that is likely to cost big bucks and my idea hasn't been established correct anyway.

I'm going to fiddle around just for my own interest in the way you've suggested. I already have several browsers installed and will also try Brave as I don't presently have that one and I've heard good things about it. I expect all will have incognito modes. Presently I routinely use Firefox with Edge as an alternate.
Old 14-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
On your last point you may be right but that is likely to cost big bucks...
People here have offered ---maybe they didn't make it public...but they are here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
People here have offered ---maybe they didn't make it public...but they are here.
You mean they offered to upgrade the website's software? Isn't that the responsibility of vBulletin or whoever provides the operational software?
Old 14-07-2021, 06:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Looks like Vbulletin people do not offer a free upgrades:

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/purchases