Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Exclamation Escaping from ruthless Sensory Processing Disorder

Hello,

Even before being diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder about a year ago, I have had daily visions of one day being able to somehow leave my body whenever I feel overwhelmed by sensory input. That would be my #1 desire, because there is no position that is completely comfortable, and I long for relief.

I am curious to know how this might be done... It seem like this would be considered a type of astral projection, where I leave my body and my soul floats around the room or above me, so that I can finally concentrate on schoolwork, research, and hobbies like most people do. Please help explore this possibility!

Much appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to lend a hand!
Old 09-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Seeker

Hi Apple. My best advice to you would be to place the subject of astral projection on the shelf, at least for now, and study meditation of which there are many types and styles. I think this would help you the most. A good place to start, for example, would be mindfulness meditation. There is also Zen meditation, loving-kindness meditation, transcendental meditation, etc. There is even a movement mediation (Tai Chi), which along with Chi Kung is unstoppable in its power to heal any condition. Study them all for a while and then stick with the one(s) that resonates with you the most. Our consciousness is our true self--not our physical body. Develop your consciousness thru meditation and you very well may find that astral projection will become a side effect.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Pathfinder
I have autism with sensory processing disorder and I absolutely understand how strong this desire is... I don't really know how to help, but goodness, I do completely understand how you must feel. I hope you find relief.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:20 AM
Master

I'd think it would be quite hard to leave ones body when feeling overwhelmed with things people generally need to be completely relaxed to astrally project.

and the sensations just before one gets out can be overwhelming for many to start with. Some stop due to feeling too overwhelmed and I'd guess in your case it would be even worst if your brain is firing off wrong to start with
Old 09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Pathfinder
I think it's incredibly easy to relax in a quiet, calm place. The only thing is, meditation can really highten the senses even more afterward, which has been really off-putting to me in the past (and yes, I've quit before because of this), but it gets better if you stick with it. Meditation eventually makes it easier to stay relaxed while your senses are overloading.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for some worthwhile insights... It sounds like astral projection requires you to be completely relaxed, and I haven't been completely relaxed for as long as I can remember, so... maybe meditation.

Yeah, the sensation is soo bad, all the time @waste of paint. Which brings up the question, wouldn't the people who want to leave their body the most be the ones who have the easiest access to it? Other than one time experiencing astral projection before having any idea what it was, it seems like it will be most difficult for us. Hopefully not! Will share if there are any noteworthy experiences in regards to SPD.

@Waste_of_paint With meditation, though, the best thing personally seemed to be this newfound technique of sitting in the woods nude for an hour shivering, stimming, and following all those compulsions that come with sensory processing disorder. After about 15 mins doing this, there seemed to be a very tangible, incredible spiritual connection to the surrounding nature. It felt psychic, like making predictions and telekenesis were a natural part of the meditation process. You should try it some time.

Edit: What are the effects of lighting on meditation? Maybe it would help induce relaxation if the lights weren't so irritatingly bright... Do people meditate in complete darkness? Like in a basement? Isn't meditation best outside, though? AND apparently astral projection is not what I was expecting. It only occur when your body is asleep? What would the phenomenon of leaving your body while awake be called?