Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh I see, it's a conversation with those 2 - and so Ramana says,
'Suffering is the way for Realisation of God'.

Ok.
Thanks for being so fast!!!!!!

I wouldn't be where I am if not for suffering ---or rather being fed up with suffering...
a huge motivator suffering is ---to stop it, END IT!
Ha!

I have had friends ask me why I am the way I am - And I say ---
'You just haven't suffered enough yet...I had had enough!'
I started a thread on that yrs ago here ---that that is the only diff between yourself and a yogi -
You are putting up with... tolerating the suffering ...they wanted out of it! And did something ...
that's all and they know it!
They're not special, they just were very motivated.

' Thanks for being so fast!!!!!! '

I remembered as I had read it previously and it interested me

Some turn to God while others turn away from God during times of suffering.
I've noticed the ones who turn away are the ones who ' Blame ' God . Oh how the mind works, fascinating.....
Old 08-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Why would you listen to someone that is ingrained with there own ego,and offers nothing from direct experience.

Nearly 20,000 posts and still none the wiser.

(Ever notice how trolls have poor grammar)
Old 08-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
(Ever notice how trolls have poor grammar)

I would not say ant is a troll.

If you read some of ant's post, you would come to realize what I have come to realize.

Sometimes, we got to put our feet in other people's shoes........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 08-11-2020, 09:23 PM
Administrator
Please keep to Topic and Keep it polite

Namaste
Old 09-11-2020, 02:11 AM
Master
Old 09-11-2020, 02:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would not say ant is a troll.

If you read some of ant's post, you would come to realize what I have come to realize.

Sometimes, we got to put our feet in other people's shoes........

I think the 'ego' comments are meant to be insulting, and with poor grammar, so let's just say a rose by another name... The basic point is, for example, if there is a reaction which incites the motive to hurt someone else's feelings through insults etc., that's something we have to know about ourselves. I'm not innocent and I do it all the time. I just happen to be conscious of it. I have no excuses for it and don't blame anyone for making me react negatively (though I can tell when they are trying to). Because I know it's just me, I rarely feel the urge to try to incite reactions in other people

I'm not talking mystical, mysterious things. I'm talking about simple little things - the details which anyone can notice (but tend to overlook). Just like anyone can notice what their breathing feels like and anyone can notice their aware presence, anyone can also notice how their own adverse reactivity incites ill-will. It's not mysterious or mystical. Everyone knows how to notice what's going on with themselves, but they can be highly distracted. Ant has justifications: because Gem is this and that ego etc etc; but truth is, I am not to blame. I never tried to make anyone react adversely. I know the other shoes well enough, and I can't stop anyone from generating their own angst.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
anyone can also notice how their own adverse reactivity incites ill-will

what do you see as the cause for reactivity and what can end it?

my guess would be the cause is identification with mind, the conditioned thought stream...another way to say this is the cause is having our attention, our focus, and this is usually a subconscious choice, on mind

"enlightenment's trigger" to me is basically an awareness on where our mind is in the present moment, and once we are aware it is there, we can make a different choice ~ but this awareness cannot be "thought watching thought..." which happens and masquerades as "something higher" I say "trigger" because that triggers the shift...but when shifted, one just dwells in a non-verbal aware state...then it's not "reaction" that is the guide, but is instead the state of being emptiness....well emptiness is not really empty at all.... as empty is a concept... a verbal concept... but this is how one can say it... and one can talk non-stop in a "non-verbal state" it's about what we see as ourselves... the talking is not the problem, the problem is accepting it as self instead of using it as self...

it's similar to being in a normal dream.... and in a normal dream we don't have much choice over our experience... the dream is being made subconsciously... but then if our dream suddenly turned lucid, where we are aware we are dreaming in the dream, suddenly we have control over the dream and our experience of it

what's added when one becomes lucid in a dream? there is a higher awareness of what is present, we recognize what we are in the dream.... what is added when one realizes I am not the thought stream I am currently focused on as reality? higher awareness of what is...we suddenly become aware our thoughts and us are not the same entity...

I'm not sure recognizing one is reacting has much of a value, it just means we have been in (identified with) our conditioned thought stream a lot...so I guess it's good at reminding us to pay attention more...to empty ourselves more... but if we are reacting, the horse is out of the barn...too late... it does show us we have more work to do

letting go of mind, and an ego identity, we react less and less, or not at all. I love that (rare) feeling when somebody says something or does something that is usually reactive, and I witness it, but there is no reaction, inside or out, there... it's really a fun thing

oh so I do see a value there in being aware of reaction... if I notice what triggers me, I can avoid the thing....or let go of opinion and belief and the through stream, the ego, then see if it still triggers me... the reacting can show us the way.... it's the means to test our "letting go" to see if we are moving in the right direction.... if we start reacting more.... we are missing something... we are still holding on somewhere, some ego is still being held...

higher awareness, higher understanding, using thought to express and conceptualize truth verses identification with habitual conditioned thought or identification with temporary phenomena like this body, these circumstances, this one lifetime
Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 AM
Deactivated Account

animals are designed to be self centered, looking out for number one and all of that, to be defensive, but then we are a higher consciousness merged with an animal body and mind as a kind of test...to see if the animal nature rules the day, or us
Old 10-11-2020, 08:03 PM
Guide
This is what I am doing right now, getting to know myself and trying to dig deep into my past and heal from wounds. Each day I try to write and take the world around me. Right now I am trying to quit smoking and I'm having an awful time trying to quit, so I hid them, so they are not in my sight and trying to focus more on something else. Thank you for creating this thread.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
so I hid them, so they are not in my sight and trying to focus more on something else.

That's great. That's what I do too. Keep my attention off of things that produce bad effects.