Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
why does the answer even matter? Would you really not meditate if you weren't seeking? If not then why are you meditating to begin with?

(sorry I have a chip on my shoulder today )

For the same reason why water seeks its own level. It is an innate magnetic pull, to reconnect with our own divinity within.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
why does the answer even matter? Would you really not meditate if you weren't seeking? If not then why are you meditating to begin with?

(sorry I have a chip on my shoulder today )

I have personally noticed that sometimes Meditation is something I do then at other times it just happens naturally...
Old 06-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Hahaha ... let’s not get so touchy! It’s just that you know what you know and I what I know. No point to prove.

If we are awake, why meditate for a deeper insight? What actually happens when we meditate? Questions. We each must look for the answer.

No I was not being ' Touchy ' that came from you, not me. I just thought you might be interested.
Yes we much each look for the answer which sometimes comes when we stop looking. I'm just happy that the answer for some Medical problems come and are recognised by some Doctors and are found in Ancient Scriptures.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
the person accepts the suggestions of the hypnotist

in normal life, the person accepts the suggestions of the thought stream
Old 06-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
in normal life, the person accepts the suggestions of the thought stream

But thankfully we are not our thoughts....
Old 06-08-2020, 08:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

For the same reason why water seeks its own level. It is an innate magnetic pull, to reconnect with our own divinity within.

There is also a kind of "pleasure" with transcending to a higher more inclusive awareness. A joy in higher understanding. But like you say, connecting more with the divine is a part of all of this as well. The source of consciousness, awareness, intelligence.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
But thankfully we are not our thoughts....

But then what if we are not imagining ourselves as an object independent of our experience? We can "be" our thoughts then. "Be" in the sense as a part of our total experience or "reality". What we are experiencing, aware of, projecting outwardly into physical space as well. What others perceive us as being or having, what we are projecting as a product of ourselves.

Am I my thoughts now if I am posting here? Well "am" in what sense? I am focusing on ideas, identifying with them as me, as from me, as mine, and typing them out here, so experiencing them as well, especially as a response of reading someone else's thoughts.

What am I projecting here? My thoughts! So you as the reader of such, do you perceive me as anything other than my thoughts? So the experience is that is what "I am."

Am I my thoughts? I can be them for sure, like putting on a Halloween costume and saying I am a wizard or a ghost or a witch. I can project them as self.

But then like you say, "I" am actually not them..... I am acting as them. Pretending to be them. This is what is in my head..... in my mind..... it is representative of me..... but is it really representative of you? If they are not you, not from you, is that your experience? As you type here?

What is the meaning of words? Where is that meaning found? It is only found in more words! That in itself should be suspect and give one pause.

In the end, it all comes down to experience. The experience we seek and want. Mental reality can be great, very pleasurable and exciting and even secure and nurturing like a warm bed, but then given enough incarnations we experience the downside and thus begins the spiritual search. Learn to identify as, and project, what we are, instead of what we have. Thoughts are what we have, not what we are, like you say.

To read a post is to make thought a part of now, a part of "me" or my experience in the now. Such things are only as "real" as we make them.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Thought can be a way to express or point to an experience, actual or as memory, or thought can be the cause or source of an experience.

Thought can be the source of experience for awareness, (normal life) or a product or tool of awareness to express or communicate or conceptualize experience. A representation of experience or the subject/object of experience.

Very complicated thing to talk about.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:07 PM
Master
Going back a bit on this thread …
So ...
Hang on, hang on, hang on …
Time to be a bit touchy here.
Let us not give ‘trance’ a bad name

Trance-cultures are very aware of the different, let’s say vibrational ‘levels’ or layers of our energy fields – our multidimensionality, and thus consider this field a more accurate a presentation of a person than the physically manifested dimension.

A person consciously, functionally & ‘awakely’ operating from a high or more subtle vibrational level still needs a body as an instrument. So no dissociation there either. Just putting one’s ducks in the row. Every vibrational level (dimension) having its own function.

But of course a person walled in by the dual barrier is seen like a person having been hypnotised by the physical dimension only and thus asleep - ignorant of the ‘open secret’.

(In my avatar – some ancestors having been (some still are) “Swan Cultists”; - I trust saw 7 vibratory ascension levels on the “World Pole” (Axis Mundi) our primary navigational focus).

Old 06-08-2020, 11:21 PM
Master
One might think of one’s self as an ugly duckling, but when one has an awakening – or 'The Source Awakens in you’…… one realizes one is a ‘Swan’.

Looooove this picture:
http://www.advaita.org.uk/images/backto_truth_l.jpg