Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 09-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
well chik-a-bee that's my favourite ... what's yours?

Ow dear, that's a difficult one. Big film fan. In recent times I'd say the film Into The Wild (2007). So many others though.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

Ow dear, that's a difficult one. Big film fan. In recent times I'd say the film Into The Wild (2007). So many others though.

yeah saw that, it's a very good one - well recommended for people on this forum ...

a second i always liked (but not the same emotional intensity as Nell) was Fire or the war for fire - there are two films of this name (probably even more) and the other is no fun - so you have to watch out for the right one ... it can be in any language because they only have a few rudimentary words - La guerra del fuego or Am Anfang war das Feuer .. i found a couple of clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsrv73MZ0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0tvZAwDeo
Old 09-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
yeah saw that, it's a very good one - well recommended for people on this forum ...

a second i always liked (but not the same emotional intensity as Nell) was Fire or the war for fire - there are two films of this name (probably even more) and the other is no fun - so you have to watch out for the right one ... it can be in any language because they only have a few rudimentary words - La guerra del fuego or Am Anfang war das Feuer .. i found a couple of clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsrv73MZ0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0tvZAwDeo

I couldn't find the full film. The clips made me laugh. I remember a long time ago, I'm not sure if it was a film or documentary, same theme. Maybe it was this one. There was a grim cave scene. The only bit I remember of it.
Whenever I've watched these survival programs and they have to create fire with just the basics, it's such a thrill even to watch the first burst of flame.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I couldn't find the full film. The clips made me laugh. I remember a long time ago, I'm not sure if it was a film or documentary, same theme. Maybe it was this one. There was a grim cave scene. The only bit I remember of it.
Whenever I've watched these survival programs and they have to create fire with just the basics, it's such a thrill even to watch the first burst of flame.

yes i empathise, and i'm sure every human should, the discovery of how to make fire ! ..... i did a bit more research and found in English it was called "Quest for Fire" 1981 directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, (French "La Guerre du feu"), - But that's absolutely no help because it still isn't free anywhere ... (i dont remember any grim cave scene so i dont think you've seen it)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Titanic - 'perfect' allegory for the 'crash' and 'demise' of our present (such as it) is 'civilization', I think - great, very entertaining movie as well! - available on YouTube
Old 12-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
yes i empathise, and i'm sure every human should, the discovery of how to make fire ! ..... i did a bit more research and found in English it was called "Quest for Fire" 1981 directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, (French "La Guerre du feu"), - But that's absolutely no help because it still isn't free anywhere ... (i dont remember any grim cave scene so i dont think you've seen it)

Thanks for looking it up. Have you any other recommends?
Another couple I liked. The Way (2010) & Wild (2014).
Old 26-06-2020, 02:26 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Thanks for looking it up. Have you any other recommends?
Another couple I liked. The Way (2010) & Wild (2014).

hi JB
sorry for the pause, needed to think about other things

Films. There are so many good films but nothing which strikes me as much as the 2 i've mentioned - there's nothing else i've watched 5 times.

i've bookmarked "the way" to watch sometime later, and somehow looking at the preview from "wild" reminded me of "Silk" with michael pitt and keira knightly - but it's no longer on youtube ... Where else can we watch good films free? youtube seems to be removing them all, and for practial purposes on this thread it would be good to give links - and i can find none ... and i'm fed up with looking! ... so ask if you want more info on anything.

you seem to like the sort of film are these people alone in nature - sorry cant remember any
i like tear jerkers like Nell or anthropological stuff like Fire

"Temple Grandin" an autist who revolutionised cattle management - is the only film a bit like Nell - Claire Daines is the actress.
Freedom Writers with Hillary Duff is another which i cried at the sheer beauty of - Summerhill is another similar

Memoirs of a Geisha about japan in 1930s is wonderful
Apocalypto - about the 1400s in middle america (not apocalypse now) is amazing

then i could make a long list but somewhere near the top would be a lot of Kevin Costner films
especially The Postman, and Dragonfly (2002)
The Sleeping Dictionary is sort of a favourite - somehow reminds me of me

if you want to find out about eastern christianity The Island is excellant - a russian film
and Ghandi - obviously - you've already seen

and actually for these wild lonely films which you like - i've probably watched "The Trap" 5 times with rita tushingham and oliver reed - lovely film

that should keep you busy for a few hours - love - simple
Old 26-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
hi JB
sorry for the pause, needed to think about other things

Films. There are so many good films but nothing which strikes me as much as the 2 i've mentioned - there's nothing else i've watched 5 times.

i've bookmarked "the way" to watch sometime later, and somehow looking at the preview from "wild" reminded me of "Silk" with michael pitt and keira knightly - but it's no longer on youtube ... Where else can we watch good films free? youtube seems to be removing them all, and for practial purposes on this thread it would be good to give links - and i can find none ... and i'm fed up with looking! ... so ask if you want more info on anything.

you seem to like the sort of film are these people alone in nature - sorry cant remember any
i like tear jerkers like Nell or anthropological stuff like Fire

"Temple Grandin" an autist who revolutionised cattle management - is the only film a bit like Nell - Claire Daines is the actress.
Freedom Writers with Hillary Duff is another which i cried at the sheer beauty of - Summerhill is another similar

Memoirs of a Geisha about japan in 1930s is wonderful
Apocalypto - about the 1400s in middle america (not apocalypse now) is amazing

then i could make a long list but somewhere near the top would be a lot of Kevin Costner films
especially The Postman, and Dragonfly (2002)
The Sleeping Dictionary is sort of a favourite - somehow reminds me of me

if you want to find out about eastern christianity The Island is excellant - a russian film
and Ghandi - obviously - you've already seen

and actually for these wild lonely films which you like - i've probably watched "The Trap" 5 times with rita tushingham and oliver reed - lovely film

that should keep you busy for a few hours - love - simple

That's ok, thanks very much for the suggestions. I've watched the trailers, Dragon Fly, The Sleeping Dictionary and Temple Grandin (I see that's a true story, I watched a bit of her speaking in real life) I'll keep them in mind. I've heard Apocalypse is traumatising.

That's it, YT take them down, sometimes they'll be up but with a small picture and jazzy stuff around the outside. I get the DVD's from Ebay sometimes. Also if you search for the film with subtitles even though you don't need them they'll be up. Under different titles as well. It's like hunting for treasure!

From the trailer of The Trap brought to mind the film Labour Day with Kate Winslet. If you haven't seen that you might like it. Have you seen Whale Rider and Rabbit Proof Fence? I think they're tear jerkers.

Thanks again!
Old 27-06-2020, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Titanic - 'perfect' allegory for the 'crash' and 'demise' of our present (such as it) is 'civilization', I think - great, very entertaining movie as well! - available on YouTube

I enjoyed the Titanic and the theme song follows me for several months afterwards.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Master
Yesterday i saw again Thelma and Louise.
Touchy ending.