Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 15-03-2021, 11:49 PM
Master

Anyone here watched 'Time of the Sixth Sun'? It features Indigenous peoples
Old 16-03-2021, 01:38 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Not that much as I don’t live in US, and here I think it is only the “Ferals” who mimic Amerinds and bring in fake injuns to conduct sweat-lodge and other ceremonies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAHUk_aurE

“Ferals” are really good value for environmental groups though - come reforestation day as they turn up like an army to do the work.
LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!

Your Ausie ferals got loose and headed this way, I've met some me thinks.
You crack me up in a good way.

Space cadets....LOL That's funny too. I'm envisioning a band "The feral space cadets"

The following is in reference to your quote[ImthatIm integrated into ‘Amerind baggage’,]

Baggage of this life has stank up much of my Life, let alone ancestral baggage.
Being born into the Manufacturing armpit of the world known as
the "Rust Belt" forced public schools and work for the Man
until you maybe retire system baggage. With Trauma, grief and alcoholism thrown on top.
Let alone all the navigating self consented integrated Amerind baggage.
Then being known as the family of crazy gun toten injuns.
Plus I think I left some baggage in the Philippines.I don't remember.....

The only saving grace is that some good people helped me along the way.
I was set on self destruction from the get go.Each day from here on out is a blessing.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 16-03-2021 at 02:29 AM.
Old 16-03-2021, 01:40 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Anyone here watched 'Time of the Sixth Sun'? It features Indigenous peoples
I had it on my to do list, so thanks for the heads up.
You do have to go to their sight and sign up for it for now.
I signed up but haven't watched yet.

EDIT: I guess I have to wait to see it on the 23rd and can only view it for 24 hrs after that on their site or through a link for free.
Is that the same way you(pixiedust) watched it or is there a different avenue to view it?
Old 16-03-2021, 05:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I had it on my to do list, so thanks for the heads up.
You do have to go to their sight and sign up for it for now.
I signed up but haven't watched yet.

EDIT: I guess I have to wait to see it on the 23rd and can only view it for 24 hrs after that on their site or through a link for free.
Is that the same way you(pixiedust) watched it or is there a different avenue to view it?

Yes I signed up via a link to their website and received the link to the movie (which I have watched) in my inbox. I have not watched the six part documentary series however. I think they give you grace periods e.g. a week to watch the movie.

Hope you enjoy it.
Old 16-03-2021, 05:45 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:

I also hold the Womb of Creation image, but of course it is the indivisible union of the “unborn essence” and the “born” as everything comes from the core … the Axis Mundi, where all the dualities ‘meet’, both horizontally and vertically.

So, as I have learned it, we consider Space first and foremost as Sacred as it is all-pervasive, all- accommodating, but do not call ourselves “space cadets”. And it is not as though I would have been taught it literally, but rather through unspoken/silent ‘reality orientation’ you just learn to ‘tune in’, ‘align’ spatially.

I think what you describe above is about the same as this pic. I often show.

I just found this pic. which is almost identical to the one I use.
Old 16-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:

I just found this pic. which is almost identical to the one I use.
Yes, that’s it. ("You are here" - heh)
Except in our version, instead of 4 directions we have got 8. (Everybody knows the earth is 8 cornered … duh.)

But I do use (when I do) the Amerind version of 7 sacred directions to open up, to centre and orient myself – to go still and silent, empty …. enter into deep listening mode etc. etc. and also the letting go into not-doing.

The Tibetan Tantra uses 10 directions:
Quote:
The Buddhas of the ten directions
The ten directions are the eight points of the compass (north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest) and the directions of up and down (zenith and nadir), in which different manifestations of Buddha exist. Suggesting that the divine is in all directions.
And there it is, ‘Bob's your uncle’ and you have entered into a “Mandala”.
But of course, all Mandalas do have their Centre.
Quote:
Kyilkor
In various spiritual traditions, mandalas may be employed for focusing attention of practitioners and adepts, as a spiritual guidance tool, for establishing a sacred space, and as an aid to meditation and trance induction.

The Tibetan word for mandala is "kyilkor," which means "centre and fringe." Therefore, we're talking about a circle, a centre and circumference, which establishes a complete world. At the centre of the mandala is always a Central Deity. This Deity is the Buddha principle, i.e., it stands for nothing, the emptiness that pervades the Mandala. It says, in effect, nothing is at the centre, and this then is the central gateway into the absolute Buddha mind.
And this is the bridge, how I’ve been able to relate to Buddhism, in Shamanic terms, without leaving the Shamanic worldview behind, without buying into something new and foreign.

Old 16-03-2021, 05:58 PM
ImthatIm

The Traditional Ceremonial Lakota sweat lodge is built with 16 poles each pole representing
a Sacred Mystery of Creation.
We start at the West with Wi/Sun.
The thing I find interesting is Skan/Motion pole 2.
I don't hear to much mentioned on celebrating and working with Motion
which is the 2nd Great Mystery in Lakota thinking.
I here stillness and space, but me thinks there is a great dance going on here between the Motion and space.

^
^
Here is the 16 Mysteries in a flow chart.
Some names are different.But it shows levels of
Mysteries of Creation.
^

^
Old 16-03-2021, 06:08 PM
ImthatIm

I had meant this picture to be in post #265

Not sure what happened.
Anyway I was comparing the two sphere pictures and their similarities.

EDIT: Weird. I guess the picture disappeared again. I'll quit using it for now.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 17-03-2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old 16-03-2021, 08:20 PM
Master
Quote:
The Traditional Ceremonial Lakota sweat lodge is built with 16 poles each pole representing
a Sacred Mystery of Creation.
What an elaborate chart!

Quote:
I here stillness and space, but me thinks there is a great dance going on here between the Motion and space.
Yes. Having ‘established’ the sacred space in all its sacred directions and having aligned with its still centre ... the unification of, the bringing, the combining the stillness and the dance (movement) together can start. (So to speak).

Old 17-03-2021, 03:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Well … I have got my own ‘indigenous baggage’, ImthatIm integrated into ‘Amerind baggage’, whereas you have had to find your own ‘sea legs’ – so to speak, find your own way?
No ‘baggage’ from your Jewish ancestry?

I know of no ‘meditation’ as such in shamanism. If there is, I would suspect it to be a ‘new age practice’.

Which doesn’t mean meditation wouldn’t relate, and it starts relating on Tibetan Tantric level, where the focus is on the central channel:
https://mk0buddhaweeklyqoftb.kinstac...sm-768x998.jpg

(The smoke-hole opening is at the top and the sacred fire - (starts) in the tummy area ... as the dualities of both sides are balanced, integrated and brought into central alignment ).

baggage? to me that is what obstructs one to bliss and silence. i spent a couple of years clearing through that. for me that was memories of previous lives that needed clearing. my experience's was related to survival. there was one that had some connection to jews. that was all. what i gathered is through survival for me that was a way of connecting. but this is the going through of baggage. its irrelevant what it is. its relevant that the obstructions are cleared to open oneself to the joys of spirit. im not suggesting i have no more baggage. im explaining my interpretation and experience of such.

i don't have any history of spirituality new or old. i read some about yogananda and some books about native americans. which was great but my practice is in feeling. i only know about feeling as it relates to my practice. i have never gone by anything else. for example i have meditated with gurus but it was still by feeling. i read about yogananda but i meditated or did a practice by feeling.

thanks for sharing the picture. yes. all that opens up more from the sounds in this case from the stomach. i will explain my interpretation

as it relates to the sounds i shared. those sounds activate the energy in and around the stomach. the stomach is like an engine full of power. it has connection to the rest of the system. because the stomach is where the engine it overpowers the whole system. in that it opens everything else but with its presence throughout. that presence has a feeling of ownership of ones energetic system. one can think of it as like a protection. nothing can get into ones space and cause a disturbance in that power. one is grounded in that.

so what i was saying is during meditation everything is balanced, in power, and grounded in ones being. more easily. due to the sounds that activate the system. im not saying that's the only thing i do as a practice. im saying when i meditate i use sounds and it makes the most sense to do so from the stomach.

hope i didn't come across the wrong way or to drawn out.. im just trying to explain. and i just got done driving so my mind is off. actually it may usually be . lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4