Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Question Any Other Non-Theistic Spiritual Folks?

One of the more difficult things for me along my path was to accept being non-Theistic (I sometimes use the term Atheist, but because some folks cringe at that and despite it meaning without god/goddesses, it's taken to encompass non-supernatural). I've noticed in my years so much pressure to either believe or 'need to experience' a god/goddess and that never sat well with me. I remember when I first really started out not long after having the dream of being a U-Boat commander (which happened on the date of my death in the WWII), that I had a profound shift inside. Having had this dream that wasn't externally triggered forced me to look within, rather than outside of myself. I recall back in 2004/05, when I would visit deconversion sites (I think ex-Christian was one), and would read others stories of deconversion. I also read in Agnostic sites too as I grappled with 'The God Question'.

Over the years, as I deconstructed beliefs that were 'programmed' into this body out of what could only be called coercion, I worked through this 'God Question' and wound up going from 'believer', to 'Panentheist', to 'Agnostic', to 'Agnostic Atheist'...then finally to 'Atheist' after having had memories of prehistoric Earth before humankind. No humans - no religion. That experience settled the matter for me, but I then realized just how much of an outlier I became.

I had to work really hard at this form of self-acceptance because the reactions I would get from other spiritual folks weren't positive. I had to realize that there was nothing 'wrong' with me being non-Theist and that it's 'ok', to not experience gods/goddesses/guides and still be spiritual, or at least involved in spiritual pursuits - in my case healing and wholeness.

I'm still spiritual - just no gods/goddesses or guides. I don't experience any of that. I've often wondered just how many others are spiritual (be it general spiritual, or witch, or pagan) but are non-Theist as well.

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Old 17-03-2021, 08:02 PM
Master

I'm not concerned with labels, excepting when they're a must. Labels mean different things to different people, and often cause unnecessary arguments and confusion.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Deactivated Account
I tend to be the same. I only care to use them if absolutely necessary.

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Old 17-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Klabautermann
One of the more difficult things for me along my path was to accept being non-Theistic (I sometimes use the term Atheist, but because some folks cringe at that and despite it meaning without god/goddesses, it's taken to encompass non-supernatural). I've noticed in my years so much pressure to either believe or 'need to experience' a god/goddess and that never sat well with me. I remember when I first really started out not long after having the dream of being a U-Boat commander (which happened on the date of my death in the WWII), that I had a profound shift inside. Having had this dream that wasn't externally triggered forced me to look within, rather than outside of myself. I recall back in 2004/05, when I would visit deconversion sites (I think ex-Christian was one), and would read others stories of deconversion. I also read in Agnostic sites too as I grappled with 'The God Question'.

Over the years, as I deconstructed beliefs that were 'programmed' into this body out of what could only be called coercion, I worked through this 'God Question' and wound up going from 'believer', to 'Panentheist', to 'Agnostic', to 'Agnostic Atheist'...then finally to 'Atheist' after having had memories of prehistoric Earth before humankind. No humans - no religion. That experience settled the matter for me, but I then realized just how much of an outlier I became.

I had to work really hard at this form of self-acceptance because the reactions I would get from other spiritual folks weren't positive. I had to realize that there was nothing 'wrong' with me being non-Theist and that it's 'ok', to not experience gods/goddesses/guides and still be spiritual, or at least involved in spiritual pursuits - in my case healing and wholeness.

I'm still spiritual - just no gods/goddesses or guides. I don't experience any of that. I've often wondered just how many others are spiritual (be it general spiritual, or witch, or pagan) but are non-Theist as well.

I find it hard to believe there is a God. I really do. There is no proof of there being a God/Goddess. I could only imagine there to be so. Amen