Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20-03-2021, 03:15 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 18,736
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1673
I'm eager to hear!!
Hey....I asked you first!!
But, ONE small thing I do to foil the 'bad side' of the ego (think of cartoons) is to do exactly
what it does NOT want me to do ...say, be nice to a person
that I wish would fall off the edge of the earth and disappear or forgive someone that really did a bad thing.

It just kills the egoic tendencies like crazy.... I tend to think of the bad side
of the ego as an enemy with a mission to take me away from my
godly self, my angelic self, my compassionate and wise self, and what is
best for my 'being'..say,
"Have that third Martini" -- or ''2nd piece of triple chocolate cake."

When those thoughts enter my mind ...I am assured THAT is the ego ---cuz it does NOT have my best interest in mind.
And I try do the opposite of what it says ...and I feel the resistance, also. Ha!

It's called being in tune with your soul, your true self...and your best spiritual interests.
( Btw, greatly influenced by A Course In Miracles.)
__________________
.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.

Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.


*
I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 20-03-2021, 03:22 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 18,736
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Excerpt* If you are moving from galaxy to galaxy, you cannot come back to the universe - you have always been there from the beginning. Let me introduce some new train of thoughts.
From a greater perspective, as a human, when a ant dies, would you even acknowledge its existence? .....

A tutorial can be apart of the game and not apart of the game at the same time. ]. The true question that I like to purpose, outside of social conditioning, how do you know that you have even started being a human in the first place.
Hi, I really appreciate your post.
However, while some will benefit from your understandings ...it went over my head.

Oh well, what else is new. I'm pretty simple, I'm sorry...I believe if you can't explain something to a child ..
it's not worth bending my mind till I have a headache to get something.
That's just me.
__________________
.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.

Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.


*
I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)


Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 20-03-2021, 04:07 AM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,519
 
This is google's definition:
ego
a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
"a boost to my ego"
PSYCHOANALYSIS
the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.

PHILOSOPHY
(in metaphysics) a conscious thinking subject.
My definition is pretty close to the one highlighted in the definition.

As the ego (a.k.a. outer-self) is the aspect of your whole personality that interfaces with the physical reality (created by your subconscious), the inner-self is the aspect that interfaces with the non-physical reality (using inner-sense). They aren't two selves; they are two aspects of the same one self (maybe that's what non-dualism refers to (?))
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 20-03-2021, 01:29 PM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 1,031
 
Why do you think you would come back here?...............

I sure wish I wasn't but I have been told that I will.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 20-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 18,736
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Why do you think you would come back here?...............

I sure wish I wasn't but I have been told that I will.
Have you ever researched ways you can move on?
It helps - and then implementing them, of course. Ha!

I found trusting in the System created by 'the Creator' helped me be more peaceful in whatever happens and whenever and wherever I go.
Meaning, trusting that I'm in the perfect place to learn and develop 'my soul' or heart and mind if that is more relatable.
(Down to daily life and all it's ups and downs...all for me to learn and grow.
In other words using the 'downs' as opportunities for more patience, flowing, forgiving and detachment.
Even as a Mod getting guff! Lol!)
__________________
.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.

Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.


*
I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)


Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 20-03-2021, 02:24 PM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 1,031
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Have you ever researched ways you can move on?
It helps - and then implementing them, of course. Ha!

I found trusting in the System created by 'the Creator' helped me be more peaceful in whatever happens and whenever and wherever I go.
Meaning, trusting that I'm in the perfect place to learn and develop 'my soul' or heart and mind if that is more relatable.
(Down to daily life and all it's ups and downs...all for me to learn and grow.
In other words using the 'downs' as opportunities for more patience, flowing, forgiving and detachment.
Even as a Mod getting guff! Lol!)

ROFL.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 20-03-2021, 11:28 PM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Ascender
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 937
  utopiandreamchild's Avatar
Love would draw me back to aid and assist in enlightening the earthly inhabitants. A love for all things and they're well-being. Amen
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 21-03-2021, 01:00 AM
Bill1673 Bill1673 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 190
  Bill1673's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hey....I asked you first!!
But, ONE small thing I do to foil the 'bad side' of the ego (think of cartoons) is to do exactly
what it does NOT want me to do ...say, be nice to a person
that I wish would fall off the edge of the earth and disappear or forgive someone that really did a bad thing.

It just kills the egoic tendencies like crazy.... I tend to think of the bad side
of the ego as an enemy with a mission to take me away from my
godly self, my angelic self, my compassionate and wise self, and what is
best for my 'being'..say,
"Have that third Martini" -- or ''2nd piece of triple chocolate cake."

When those thoughts enter my mind ...I am assured THAT is the ego ---cuz it does NOT have my best interest in mind.
And I try do the opposite of what it says ...and I feel the resistance, also. Ha!

It's called being in tune with your soul, your true self...and your best spiritual interests.
( Btw, greatly influenced by A Course In Miracles.)


You saw I cheated lol. By what you're saying.. I guess I am letting go of my ego. Part of my mantra is to Be still and let things come as they may. I try to feel a sense that I'm letting life flow without interfering. I tend to dissect things to much. I have to constantly remind myself to keep things simple.
__________________
Just be nice. You can solve a lot of the world's problem this way.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 21-03-2021, 01:05 AM
Bill1673 Bill1673 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 190
  Bill1673's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Why do you think you would come back here?...............

I sure wish I wasn't but I have been told that I will.

From what I've read.. when you're ready to come back " wanting to experience more emotions and experiences" you will decide the type of life you want to have. You will agree to certain terms and decide when you will exit the new life. I'm not sure if we are talking every single moment. Perhaps the main crossroads and events like that. In an odd way this is a big part of free will.
__________________
Just be nice. You can solve a lot of the world's problem this way.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 21-03-2021, 01:09 AM
utopiandreamchild utopiandreamchild is offline
Ascender
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 937
  utopiandreamchild's Avatar
I think once you have a thirst for life and find your passion that you'd also choose to come back. If your a natural lover I'd say you'll be back simply for the love of it all. Amen
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums