Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-04-2021, 02:51 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Neither, they have mental health issues.
All this demonic possession is nothing more than ignorant superstition that should have died out hundreds of years ago.

Well and that's where I'd have to disagree with you. What I saw was exactly that. Also having worked in the mental health field for some years now I would say that those with mental illness may some of the time attract entities and thus, the two (paranormal and mental illness) can and do at times go hand in hand. Although admittedly maybe not in every case. There may be some who are just mentally ill and are really experiencing paranoia or hallucinations.

I've worked with schizophrenics and many other types of mental illness and I've met people who most would say that are hallucinating but they swear up and down to me that the voices they hear are real spirits and you know what, I can't say that I always disregard them. I've experienced the spirit realm and who am I to tell someone that what I experienced was real but what they are is not.
That being said, I have also had patients that I think are just experiencing paranoia and delusions and what they think is happening is not happening at all. So that happens too.

I brought what I saw up not to throw the thread off topic but because the question was posed if the two could be related and I have experience in both (experiencing a full fledged demon possession for lack of a better way to describe it and also having worked in the mental health field) and I would say that yes, and that might have to do with people with mental illness being more sensitive at times or just that they have unwittingly opened themselves up to something.

Sadly, I think at times working in this field that we do an injustice when we don't look at the spiritual aspects as I have reasons to believe that cases of mental illness are also sometimes cases of entities being involved to various degrees. I think the spiritual realm is far more involved with us than most people think.

The subject of hearing voices is so interesting to me. I feel our thoughts aren't always ours, however, most people don't know that other realms exist so they attribute any thoughts that come to their mind as theirs. I don't think just because a thought comes to us in our own voice in our head that it is necessarily our own.
Then there are others who swear they are hearing other voices and they are labeled schizophrenic or mentally ill. I have met schizophrenics that may really be hearing spirits though, that is where having had the experiences that I have had, I cannot just disregard something like that all of the time.

Personally, I don't hear voices; however, I do at times sense spirits or other entities. Having been in the same room with whatever that thing was (and believe me there is no doubt in my mind that it was evil), I don't doubt this as I also felt it's presence (along with seeing what it did to that woman).

I've never heard voices, but I have had what I would call telepathic communication. Although what communicated with me presented themselves as positive and I have not found any solid reason to believe they were not positive.

So having experienced all that, I cannot just disregard when people present things to me, even if they are diagnosed with mental illness, as purely hallucination all the time. And believe me it can make for quite a conundrum sometimes working in this field.
Old 18-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Well and that's where I'd have to disagree with you. What I saw was exactly that. Also having worked in the mental health field for some years now I would say that those with mental illness may some of the time attract entities and thus, the two (paranormal and mental illness) can and do at times go hand in hand. Although admittedly maybe not in every case. There may be some who are just mentally ill and are really experiencing paranoia or hallucinations.
One day one of my clients went on a full breakdown, the mental health professionals that were supposed to be looking after her allowed her away from the facility knowing that the issue her meds could cause problems. They did. One minute I was teaching her how to use a computer and a short while later I had her trapped in a public toilet, where she was sitting on the floor in a puddle of her own urine and screaming at me as if I was the devil himself come to eat her. It was either that or let her run onto a very busy main road.

I don't have an issue with what you saw and what it might have meant to you, I have an issue with the whole idea of demonic possession. I could have said that woman client of mine had been possessed. The brain hallucinates our conscious reality by processing information received through the senses. Everything you know of the external world is the result of your brain's ability to process electrical signals and when the brain can't process that information things go haywire. That's why women get the reputation of being bad drivers, generally they don't have the spatial acuity that mean have. I'm only speaking generally for the sake of illustration.

Mental health issues can have any number of origins, and one of those is chemical imbalance - which is why that particular client of mine had her breakdown. Her meds didn't keep her doped down they restored the balance. The other part of this equation is how the brain interprets the information and that's very personal because it includes a whole raft of unconscious processes that might go back to early childhood.

The issues arise when people can't make the distinction between being psychic, being a medium and hearing voices/hallucinations. I was asked by someone on this forum to have a chat with a young woman who was convinced she was a medium, but there were huge doubts and questions. I was also given the link to as thread so I could see the discussion and frankly it was a horror story, people who clearly didn't have a clue about mediumship were trying to put themselves across to a woman who clearly had severe mental health issues. She was looking for an 'alternative' in Spirituality, nobody wants to believe they're a headcase. It took me a little while but I dismantled her thought processes and assured her that being a headcase wasn't so bad after all. Last I heard she was home from the ward and was going through care with her family.

At the same time I've known people who have thought they were going crazy but were psychic/mediums whose latent talents were awakening within them, and I guess in most people's eyes they would have been treated differently by the people around them. Those are very similar to my own experiences too.

What I don't do is tar anyone, but I do try and find out if what they are experiencing is Spiritual or mental health issues.

Regardless of what people believe, Spirituality is processed by what's rattling around in our noggins. There's really no difference to reading a Spiritual book and processing its contents and doing the same for any other type of information - or having a discussion in these forums. It's all about how our brains interpret the information. Childhood experiences can influence Spirituality more than people think they can - they can be the 'real reason' people turn to Spirituality in the first place.

This is where a thread like this can give people an insight as to how reality is created, it's all very well to babble on about all this "I am self aware" stuff but how many people really understand what underpins their Spirituality? How many people in this forum know how much cognitive dissonance or cognitive behaviour affects their Spirituality? Because those two are 'active members' in its creation within our reality. If a flu and a headful of snot can affect our realities, what about major mental health issues like schizophrenia and bi-polar? Did you know that schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain?

There are some people who are genuine psychics/mediums and there are people who are schizophrenic, sometimes people are both at the same time. Some people have schizophrenia and want to believe they are mediums and some people who are mediums believe they are schizophrenic. Some people believe they are Spiritual because it's better than facing up to themselves. The point is that being a medium is one thing while being schizophrenic is a very different beastie, and not knowing the difference is dangerous either way.

Have you ever been in a room that felt as though it was full of happy shiny people and gave you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside? Was an entity responsible for that too? Have you felt the energies of a church or a hospital? Did you know that people give off measurable amounts of energy that can be sensed by others?

Hearing a voice that is giving you insights is one thing, hearing a voice that tells you that everybody hates you and you should shoot them is something very different. I'm not saying you should disregard anything but what I will say is that either way, a large dose of scepticism is healthy until you find out for sure. Ask questions first and use common sense. Telling someone they're a medium when they have a mental health issue is no help at all. Or vice versa.

It doesn't matter if the voices are positive or negative, it's natural for people to accept positive voices more readily than negative ones and therefore accept what might be schizophrenia after all. Some schizophrenics hear comforting or positive ones too. My voices help me out with my Spirituality sometimes, I can puzzle away with something I read in a post for hours then the voice will pop up and give me the answer - sometimes with frustration in the voice. I have an 'always-on' connection with Spirit but I'm clairsentient, which means I sense. But there's a difference in the perception of the source of the voices, and identifying that source makes the difference between internal and external voices.
Old 18-04-2021, 03:53 PM
Guide
It took me years to believe it but devils and subconscious telepathy with humans were causing my schizophrenia. Theres is no Devil but there are devils.
Old 21-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Ascender

Greenslide, yes I do know that people can be schizophrenic or psychic or both. I have met schizophrenics who I can believe may also be psychic. The two light up the same area of the brain, that doesn't really surprise me.
Sure I've felt happy vibes but feeling vibes from people and sensing another being in a room with you are two different things. Besides, it was more than sensing when you watch things happen to someone that are not explainable by human standards. I only call it demon possession because that's the best definition I have.
You want to know what has driven my searching all these years? It was seeing that and knowing than that the spirit realm is real and there's more to life than just "us" or "this". I always question and I am probably one of the most skeptical people on this forum.

green1, so define what you mean by devils?
Old 22-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Guide
Quote:
Hi,

The devils act exactly like a real Devil would do. They lie, cheat, judge, punish, threaten, torture, etc. Each devil has a different look but they basically do the same things. I met 3 of them. They look like a real Devil. Why do they play the devils? I guess they admire the Devil and they become one. They may believe in the existence of a real Devil.

How do they cause schizophrenia? A devil is the opposite of an empath. They make fun of your weaknesses, and attack you by threatening you, etc. Consequently, you are demoralized, your consciousness falls and you start to dream awake. You lose power and the devil profits from this for injecting thoughts and images to your mind, or modifying your thoughts.

Self-forgiveness is key for healing from these attacks and schizophrenia. When you are demoralized and lose power, you can forgive yourself by saying that this may happen to anybody, humans have a lot to deal with and it is difficult to be human etc. It also helps to note that what the devils do is very easy where repairing the damages is difficult. It is like breaking a vase. It is very easy to break a vase but it is very difficult to repair it. The devils don't know about healing, they use their intelligence the wrong way.

In order not to provoke problems, I chose to befriend the devils. For this, I had to let go of my human pride which the devils hate. Human pride is the belief that humans are good and beautiful whereas devils (or demons) are bad and ugly. Basically, they attack us because of our human pride. Connection with your guide (Higher Self, God) is very important. You will need a lot of luck during the healing process which your guide can give. For this you need to accept to change your character for your guide. Change will come.

Why did the scientists not discover all these? Simply, because they fear the paranormal activity.

There is also subconscious telepathy with humans which plays a role in schizophrenia. Humans also may demoralize you if you have a problem. They will also make it harder for you to befriend the devils since they hate them. Finding peace with other humans and befriending them in subconscious telepathy took me more than 10 years.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
green1

Last edited by green1 : 22-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old 23-04-2021, 02:12 AM
Ascender

green1, thanks, I was just curious what you defined as "devils". What I saw I would classify as a demon based on what it did. I'm sure it was evil and there are negative beings about, but I'm not sure if it was something earth bound or what. I don't really think it was an alien, just based on what I've learned about aliens since. It didn't really seem all that powerful and it only preyed on fear. Once I learned not to be afraid of it, I learned it can't get to me. Since that day, I'm not afraid of much. I'd be more inclined to fight against it or cast it out, I have no interest in befriending something like that.

I think telepathy is one of those abilities that we all should innately have, but has been disabled for whatever reason, although sometimes it comes through. I don't think it has anything to do with schizophrenia.

The beings that telepathically communicated with me was more due to my having a connection with them, I believe. Possibly to do with my ancestry. I don't look at them as "guides" per say, the way people seem to describe it.
When they communicated, it wasn't a strange voice in my head. It was my own voice but not me speaking.
Old 23-04-2021, 04:15 AM
Master

I kind of think that personality fragmentation can cause mental disorders.

Where early life or trauma has created an environment where it has not been safe for all of one's personality to "embody" or integrate into one's reality.

We segregate parts of our personality which we do not feel safe to embody. It is a safety mechanism, to survive.

I avoided a bipolar diagnosis because I recognised that I segregated a part of my personality which did not feel safe to express as a child. It was directly related to trauma and it differentiated me from my bipolar mates.

I never felt safe to rely on other people or ask for help so that part of me "split" to keep me safe. I abandoned part of myself for safety.

SO I disowned that part of me for my own survival.

Though when I was able to "own" that part of me I was able to integrate and so I felt "whole" and not split. That is why, I feel, in my own case, that I do not have a bipolar diagnosis.
Old 25-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslide, yes I do know that people can be schizophrenic or psychic or both. I have met schizophrenics who I can believe may also be psychic. The two light up the same area of the brain, that doesn't really surprise me.
Sure I've felt happy vibes but feeling vibes from people and sensing another being in a room with you are two different things. Besides, it was more than sensing when you watch things happen to someone that are not explainable by human standards. I only call it demon possession because that's the best definition I have.
You want to know what has driven my searching all these years? It was seeing that and knowing than that the spirit realm is real and there's more to life than just "us" or "this". I always question and I am probably one of the most skeptical people on this forum.

Demonic possession is ignorant superstition that should have died out years ago and if you want to define it learn more about mental health. Or better yet don't define it at all but defining it as demonic possession just feeds into the nonsense that often comes out in threads like this. People think they're clever when they talk about it but it's dangerous.
Old 25-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Hi,

The devils act exactly like a real Devil would do. They lie, cheat, judge, punish, threaten, torture, etc. Each devil has a different look but they basically do the same things. I met 3 of them. They look like a real Devil. Why do they play the devils? I guess they admire the Devil and they become one. They may believe in the existence of a real Devil.
Seriously? In this day and age? This is one of the reasons mental health is seldom talked about, it's because people like you spout such nonsense. People start believing in this instead of finding real answers for their issues, and often this nonsense only makes it worse.

You're not talking about devils you're talking about paranoid schizophrenia, the kind that ends up with people harming themselves or others.
Old 25-04-2021, 07:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I avoided a bipolar diagnosis because I recognised that I segregated a part of my personality which did not feel safe to express as a child. It was directly related to trauma and it differentiated me from my bipolar mates.
In my own case a survival process kicked in and my consciousness 'separated' from my body. I was suffering so much trauma that I was literally beside myself, I was outside my body watching myself go through the pain. I was about eight or nine at the time, now I'm sixty-four. Without realising it I was trying to express that child throughout my Life since that happened, even until these past couple of years or so. Always the child screaming to be heard inside.

I've spoken to a couple of people in threads like these, it seems to be common that alternative personalities are 'snapshots' of emotional states caused by severe trauma.

Nowadays I treat the child as real and as a being in his own right, even though it was always a part of me to begin with. I went through cognitive behaviour therapy a couple of years ago and a large part of that was dealing with that inner child and what he went through. It's still not easy sometimes but I feel as though I have to Love myself as the child, to allow feelings to come through and express that part of me 0 and Love him just the same.