Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Knower
Odd Childhood Incident

I was reading a book by Dr. Ian Stevenson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson) who wrote extensively about reincarnation, especially with regards to children. He recounted an incident when he interviewed a young child who claimed he had been murdered a few years earlier and had reincarnated. This child had lived in a rural village in India about 100 miles away from where he presently lives. He remembered his previous life, his mother and father, including their names, and also knew relatives from that family by name and recognized them when he visited the village from his previous. This formed a case study for Dr. Ian Steveson and he published his finding, along with hundreds of similar findings. It was Dr. Stevenson's life work.

In the case study, Dr. Ian Steveonson revealed that when he asked the child where he went after he died before he reincarnated, the child responded that he hung around where he had lived before he had died. This meant as Dr. Ian Steveson pointed out, the child did not go into the spiritual realm before reincarnating but simply waited around where had lived, in his comfortable and familiar surrounding, which was his rural village. He was asked what he did during those three years before reincarnating. The child stated, his soul sat up in a tree in his village and for amusement, he threw small stones at people. Basically, he played practical jokes on passersby. That suddenly jarred my memory.

When I was about 10 years old, during the summer, I left my house to go out looking for my friends. I walked into our neighborhood. Across the street from where I lived, there was a large forest. It was about 50 acres of trees. As I walked along the road a small rock landed in front of me. I stopped and looked around. No one was visible. Then another rock was thrown at me. It bounced at my feet. These were pebbles but definitely thrown in my direction. The only place they could have come from was the forest. I ventured into the woods to see who it was who was throwing these rocks. I noticed a few things as I entered the woods.

1) It was impossible to walk without making noise. There were many twigs and branches in the ground including undergrowth. I made noise as I moved.

2) I could hear the pebbles traveling through the air as they clicked and struck leaves and twigs from the surrounding standing trees. That gave me an idea of where the stones were being thrown from. However, I only heard the branches being struck as I entered the woods. This means, whoever was throwing the stones had a clear field of fire at the start when I was walking along the road but as I closed in to investigate, they moved deeper into the woods. I never saw anyone.

3) It suddenly became apparent that I was making noise walking through the dense underbrush but whoever was throwing the pebbles at me was able to move about silently. How is that possible, I thought to myself? That was defying physics. It means the person throwing the stones was not a physical being. Fear suddenly descended over me and I stopped moving into the woods. I felt as if I were being drawn into the woods but for what purpose? I retreated. I was surprised by how deep I had already traveled but felt a lot safer once I had retreated back across the road and then continued my way in the neighborhood. I fully expected someone, over the next few days, to come forward laughing at me for being tricked into going into the woods as if it were all a big practical joke, but no one ever did.

This incident remained a mystery to me until I read Dr. Ian Steveson's case study. Then the memory of the incident came back to me. It happened on a cloudless, sunny day around noon. It is possible it was a ghost, which if true, begs more questions. Was the ghost of a deceased soul waiting to reincarnate at some point? Had someone been murdered in those woods or was it just a random soul sitting it in a comfortable spot playing practical jokes on people? If this was a ghost, that means I have had three known encounters with ghosts in my life that I know but may have had many more that I am just not aware of.

PastPilot
Old 09-05-2021, 09:52 AM
asearcher

hi past pilot, super interesting, thank you for telling us =) I kind of rest in the belief that not all of us go through the tunnel of light and review our life and then pick a new life when it is time. I believe it is possible for some to linger on. I don't know about one child but has told me several stories of having watched us years before birth that nobody told it about.

I have one story about a possible-ghost-child and it began to happen after a regression. It was the eldest child of its siblings, the one to live the longest, think it felt responsible for its responsibilities which it's father had put on the child even at young age, normal those days, I bet. But then I don't know if it truly was low level energies that had insight to my experience and was only playing a game with me. The children has felt it and it only recognized old toys but mostly it was a shoe that look similar to those kind of shoes used in those days. I have had lots of experiences with this one. Too children visiting or being in the home. In the past life I was in trouble (mentally) because of the hardship and the children getting sick and dying. I think the connection and the high level of grief can work like an energy-connection-mist that if the child gets too close it can feel it too much and be "trapped" in it for a while before moving on. Free will seem to dominate the after life as well. I think other spirits, guides, visit the child now and then, but if the child wish to remain it will do so, it will still be alright but this is just me speaking of personal experiences. Usually a child wish to be with its family. Over there the time is different, I understand the concept of that there is no time, so me thinking in terms my God it has been there all along means nothing as time don't make it suffer, everything is now, and I think overall that is how it is with small children, time is something else to them, even here on Earth.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Master
Great post.. Definitely interesting about hanging around before reincarnation-- seems something I would do-- goes to show that the layers of theory can hid --- in case of the ghost theory! Would tear a hole to stay in the ghost theory ;than being fully plugged in...easier wearable? Lol

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 14-05-2021, 03:00 AM
Knower
Clicked once and it posted twice. See below.

PastPilot
Old 14-05-2021, 03:00 AM
Knower
I have read that some souls refuse to go to the "light" after passing. They choose to remain on Earth rather than return to the spiritual realm. In this form, they are ghosts. But I have also read that souls can be in "park-mode", or limbo, rather than going into the spiritual realm. In these cases, the soul is not on Earth but in another spiritual realm and often alone, refusing to return to the spiritual realm. Their guides, or other souls, will encourage them to return. Having read some of Dr. Stevenson's published works, there appears to be a choice of waiting for reincarnation on Earth but that seems to be rare or little talked about. It would appear that our choices are somewhat flexible. Once returned to the spiritual realm, you undergo the usual meeting with your guides. The time between death and returning to the spiritual realm doesn't seem to change that fact. Maybe because time doesn't exist?

I have no personal memories of such experiences but I do have memories of being in the spiritual realm studying. I was in some sort of temple of knowledge. Not too dissimilar to a university library.

PastPilot
Old 14-05-2021, 06:21 AM
AbodhiSky

i would have thought they came from a plane or a balloon.