Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Knower

Laughing at myself thru the Path of Spirituality

I been wanting to write a thread for people to share moments. When we look back or found ourselves almost laughing at ourselves in the things we do. In this realm of seeking or being in that we are.
This is only for personal experience not a platform to make fun of people.
For me the time where I reflect on an can't help but get a chuckle at myself. Is when I was young-ish maybe 9-10 or so. There was this baby duck that would get into our backyard. So many times would get stuck and can't find it's way past the fence.
The baby duck was cute, I don't recall seeing a baby duck in person before. It made me happy to see duck but also kinda sad that duck was unable to go back to which it came.
I tried to help duck, my brother would mess with me about it. With the saying, if you put salt on the back of a bird you can catch it. Of course the concept meant if your able to put salt on the back of a duck, your close enough to touch and hold the bird.
So I would try to slowly approach the duck, this didn't work. Duck was to scared already from being stuck. I didn't want to frighten duck anymore than duck already was. I only wanted to help duck not make duck worse. By a wild eyed kid coming at it.
So, I tried it my way or a different way that is.
I tried to telepathically connect to the duck. Letting duck know that there is no need to be afraid and that I wish to help it. I attempted to calm the duck so the duck could find it's way out.
This is one of my earliest laugh at myself moment's that I ever recalled. I don't know what happened to duck but I was happy and sad afterwards. I was happy to know duck stopped getting stuck by the fence in our yard. Sad because it was as if I lost a friend.
Sometimes I laugh at myself and say, Did I really try to talk to a duck, without words?
Sometimes I wonder, Wait, did I really talk to duck without words as a kid?

I guess this would be Humour in the day an life of an Empath.
( Kind like those old military humour types of articles in readers digest or something)
Of course at that age I didn't know that I was an Empath. Nor weighed down with the knowledge of such which allowed me to just be.