Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Would love to know what your ‘creed’ actually is if it even exists. We can see that you pretty much hate everyone and everything.

You read me wrong.

I hate the god religions while respect those religions that seek knowledge and wisdom.

Why would you respect religions that had to grow by inquisitions and jihads, because they did not have decent moral tenets to convert with?

Given that Gnostic Christianity is a progressive evolving religion, it is best to ask me or another Gnostic Christian what you want to know of my creed and beliefs.

Can I start by showing you why how we name our god is superior to most systems, including yours?

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Old 22-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Molearner

[quote=Soul Seeker]You read me wrong.

I hate the god religions while respect those religions that seek knowledge and wisdom.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

/QUOTE]

DL,

This is your better side....:) You quote Jesus to demonstrate His wisdom as being significant and meaningful. In contrast your post # 151....on the thread _One Major Bible Verse_ you wrote:

"If Jesus loves us as himself, why do scriptures show him as murdering so many of us at end time?

You have heard of Armageddon, I am sure.

I adlib Jesus.
Bring all who will not love me before me and kill them.

You like that Jesus. Why?"

It seems you are greatly conflicted. In one breath you praise Jesus and in another you unveil the genocidal Jesus. Quite a difference.

I am reminded of James 1:7-8...."That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does".

additionally Matthew 6:24....."No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other".

You should decide what your conception of Jesus really is so as to eliminate confusion as to what you are wishing to present. This double-mindedness will hinder any pursuit of the truth. Rather than adlib Jesus present the scripture that validates your conception of Jesus. If this confusion is a trademark of Gnostic Christians it is easy to understand why only 'some' say that the only good Christians are gnostics.
Old 22-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
You read me wrong.

DL,
This is your better side....:) You quote Jesus to demonstrate His wisdom as being significant and meaningful. In contrast your post # 151....on the thread _One Major Bible Verse_ you wrote:

"If Jesus loves us as himself, why do scriptures show him as murdering so many of us at end time?

You have heard of Armageddon, I am sure.

Hey, did the ancient Gnostic Christians, from where i got my label and basic ideology/theology know that Christianity was going to add so many Jesus' to the bible?

I quote the Gnostic Jesus when I can, but that does not reduce the evil that Christians are doing.

Sure I would like to ignore the evil in Christianity for the good of Gnostic Christianity, but that would have me ignoring all that evil.

Should I concentrate on the tiny possible group of converts I might get in this climate of shrinking religiosity, or should I help reduce evil in the bigger religious creeds and groups ASAP?

As Jesus said, and what guides me is, I come for the ill and not the well.

Regards
DL
Old 22-12-2020, 11:06 PM
Master
[quote=Soul Seeker]
Quote:
Hey, did the ancient Gnostic Christians, from where i got my label and basic ideology/theology know that Christianity was going to add so many Jesus' to the bible?

I quote the Gnostic Jesus when I can, but that does not reduce the evil that Christians are doing.
Soul seeker, before we go any further, it seems you have a 'solution' for Christians..... can you share it?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2020, 07:22 AM
Master

for some,
   Christmas Eve
     has begun

a special time
       for many.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:35 AM
Master

Old 05-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Master

Verse 54

Jesus said,

"Blessed
           are the poor.
                For the
        Kingdom of Heaven
               Is yours."

Old 06-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Verse 54

Jesus said,

"Blessed
           are the poor.
                For the
        Kingdom of Heaven
               Is yours."

This scripture from the Gospel of Thomas is almost identical to Luke 6:20 which reads from the NIV translation as:

"Looking at his disciples, he said:

“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God."
"

About the only variant between the two scriptures, is that the Gospel of Thomas uses the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" whereas the scripture from Luke use the expression "kingdom of God".

Old 12-01-2021, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Verse 54

Jesus said,

"Blessed
           are the poor.
                For the
        Kingdom of Heaven
               Is yours."

54. Jesus said, "Congratulations to the poor, (Those without attachments)

for to you belongs Heaven's kingdom.
Old 14-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
54. Jesus said, "Congratulations to the poor, (Those without attachments)

for to you belongs Heaven's kingdom.

As usual, I once more enjoy your comment.

That scripture can be rendered many ways. Your rendition does open up the thinking process.

Once again, thanks for your comment.