Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-08-2020, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
GOOD POINTS!

If you ha never heard about the Holy Spirit, you probably would not pick up on it from reading the Gospel of Thomas.
I infer that the Holy Ghost was the source of Jesus' knowledge, so it is implicitly part of the GOT.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-08-2020, 11:54 PM
Master

Quote:
GOOD POINTS!

If you ha never heard about the Holy Spirit, you probably would not pick up on it from reading the Gospel of Thomas.

that is true.
i think it could be argued the gospel was meant to have been supplemented and explained by Christian group that would then have spoke about the Holy Spirit cause some of them don't make sense unless you know some other stuff?

like is Grace missing or is it one of the mysterious 'five trees'?
Old 26-08-2020, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I infer that the Holy Ghost was the source of Jesus' knowledge, so it is implicitly part of the GOT.
The Jefferson Bible mimics, in many ways, the Gospel of Thomas.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-08-2020, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
that is true.
i think it could be argued the gospel was meant to have been supplemented and explained by Christian group that would then have spoke about the Holy Spirit cause some of them don't make sense unless you know some other stuff?

like is Grace missing or is it one of the mysterious 'five trees'?

The Gospel of Thomas may have been used along with The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations (Didache).

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-08-2020, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Honest question: Looking at what happened over the last 2,000 years, and is happening these days, do you find that "Christ's sacrifice for humanity on the cross" did anything? What was it supposed to yield?

What would've been different if Christ hadn't done it? I'm not arguing, just asking for your opinion.

How many resources for food and comfort yielded by Christians for others?

Were you speaking about the Iron Curtain? How wonderful was that?
Was it just one Christian American President who stated, "Tear down that wall!"...
Or do you feel that Reverend Wurmbrand who spent 14 years in prison, beaten and tortured and informed Christians to the Communist world helped?

How much inspiration and hope for eternal life has the prophesied sacrifice of the Lord given to people?

How do you feel about asking such a question as this?
What? Life to you is all about this short temporary world?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
How many resources for food and comfort yeilded by Christians for others?
Were you speaking about the Iron Curtain? How wonderful was that? Was it just one Christian American President who stated, "Tear down that wall!"
Or do you feel that Reverend Wurmbrand who spent 14 years in prison and formed Christians to the Communist world helped?

How much inspiration and hope for eternal life has the prophesied sacrifice of the Lord given to pwople?
So, you're saying that the purpose of "Christ's sacrifice for humanity on the cross" was to inspire Christians to do good deeds in adverse situations, not to actually "save" them or such ... ? I'm not sure I understand how you connect that sacrifice with the "inspiration and hope for eternal life".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-08-2020, 04:57 AM
Master
The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.
(48) Jesus said,

"If two make peace
          with each other
        in the same house,
then they will tell the mountain,
            ‘Move away,’
      and it will move away."

Old 26-08-2020, 09:54 AM
Elfin

Whatever it boils down to....... It's all about love ...
Old 26-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin

So true.                

Old 26-08-2020, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
So true.                

Every time I read such statements I wonder do these people really apply what they preach? Do they genuinely love, or at least strive to do so?

It is also true that I don't believe that love is achievable at any noticeable scale, nor I believe that it is what we are here for.

Somebody was quoting yesterday Jesus saying that he brought a sword, not peace, that quote being new to me.

I found it, Matthew 10:34-39:
Not Peace but a Sword
(Micah 7:1–6; Luke 12:49–53)

34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36A man’s enemies will be the members
of his own household.’i
37Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; 38and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
The context of the quote is even more surprising. I'm sure it can be interpreted to mean whatever one wants to mean, but that doesn't sound like "love each other".