Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Osteopathy

Old 15-11-2010, 11:57 PM
michael55

FYI

In my state, and I think in most if not all states, osteopathy is basically sort of like chiropracty, but different mixed with aleopathic medicine. Osteopathic doctors can prescribe drugs.

They can intern at medical hospitals with MD's or with DO's - doctors of osteopathy - . however, MD's cannot intern with DO's ...

I recommend you get a DO if you are thinking of switching doctors! :)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
Osteopathy

I always try to use an osteopath if i have any muscle or bone issues, they are very gentle and very very effective. I would recommend osteopathy to anyone over and above a chiropractor........anyday.
Blessings
D. xx
Old 09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Experiencer
My doctor when I lived back in PA the past two times was an Osteopath. He was without a doubt the best doctor I've ever had. And the ones I have had since have paled in comparison. My care has been substandard at best.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:25 AM
Whispering Pine

I love going to a DO. I will never switch back to an MD.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Master
Chiros and DO's are 2 different animals where I come from. the DO's I went to were basically the same as regular docs, so got gyped there. I wouldn't want to live w/o a good Chiropractor.

As an example, years ago my ex lifted our son out of the car seat and when he twisted to stand up, he did a number on his sacrailiac (sp, iknow), and he couldn't even walk up the stairs, he had to sleep on the couch. For 2 or 3 days he went to the DO who gave him shots for the pain. I said why don't you go to my chiro. He did, it was fixed (over a relatively short period of time) and that night he could walk up the stairs again.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 PM
CaramelDancer

I love my osteopath.
I'm in Canada, where osteopath's are trained initially as either massage therapists or chiropractors, and not physicians like in the U.S., so I'm lucky I guess in that sense. My osteopath is also a massage therapist, accupuncturist and Chinese doctor so when I get my treatments it's like a real deal of holistic treatment...I love it!

He helped me go from barely walking with a cane and almost unable to walk at all to what I am now---able to skip and gently dance and walk normally.
Osteopathy changed my life and I am forever gratefull!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Master
IN the UK, Chiropractice and Osteopathy are similar but different - not exactly sure how. Chiropractice appears to be "senior" of the two disciplines.
I have had my back "cracked" a few times by an Osteopath.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
IN the UK, Chiropractice and Osteopathy are similar but different - not exactly sure how. Chiropractice appears to be "senior" of the two disciplines.

Here in the US they are a bit different. Chiros fall into two main categories... those who are strictly medical in approach (the bone crackers as I call them) and those with a more spiritual/metaphysical/holistic bent. Osteopaths, on the other hand, are almost exclusively strictly medical.

However there is a third and really quite marvelous modality that sort of blends the osteopathy with the first chiropractic approach, and it is called ortho-bionomy.
Basically the ortho-bionomist practitioner with great knowledge of the structure of the body... bones, ligaments, tendons, muscle, etc... gently moves the parts of the body in distress or pain into positons of ease and relaxation to "teach" it that there can be a better and more comfortable way. Ortho-bionomy "instructs" the intelligence of the body consciousness, in other words.. "speaking" to it and having it talk back in its turn.

I have been using this modality on an old injury and it's been nothing less than
amazing in what's its accomplished in terms of flexibility, mobility, and relief from pain. It's a slow and gentle approach, and it won't cure a person overnight, but it's totally gentle and non-invasive, and if you are lucky enough to get a truly sensitive and well-trained practitioner, it can and will accomplish great things!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Master
I have not come across Ortho-Bionomy in the UK but what do I know !

In the UK, Chiropractice was the lead runner of the Complementary Practices to become accepted in the Main Frame.
Old 28-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
In the UK, the only people who can legally practice as osteopaths are those who've done a 4+ year degree in osteopathy. They also have to register with the General Osteopathic Council.

Chiropractic is unregulated.