Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Master
At Miss. H Request, yes I do take requests for public discourse. You can reach more people publicly then you can with a pm. Now to the topic at hand. 42-years in the healthcare field, 21-years in the medical field and 21-years in the counseling and teaching professions, plus more then 40-years doing quiet meditation. I think this is the experience Miss. H was referring to, but I do not consider myself to be an expert.

Just sharing my general opinion here, not aimed at anyone particular. Pain in the mind may not be organic; it may not be associated with the brain, muscles, nerves, or other physical features. Pharmacology blocks pain associated with the physical body, although psychological pain not associated with the physical body can manifest in the physical body, ala psychosomatic. Psychosomatic pain is as real as any other pain.

Non-physical pain often comes from energetic friction which can be bought on by obstruction in the flow of energy. Medication blocks the person from feeling pain in the physical body but when the pain is from an energy block medication may not be helpful. Acupuncture or acupressure massage may be helpful, it depends on the depth of the pain. Rolfing may also help. These are all methods of attempting to release pain from outside in.

But the most direct method is to learn how to move your own energy around in your body. This takes practice and skill. Quiet meditation over time can help a person connect with their deeper being, it can also help them increase their own flow of energy. Energy plus obstruction equals friction, friction causes pain. The pathogenesis starts with something small, like an unmet need or a pervasive thought, that grows and becomes a major nuisance if left unattended.

Conventional western medicine (allopathic) does not always address deep rooted pain, although Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, or even Homeopathy may render better results. It is important to do research and look beyond the borders of your own culture. Pain management is part of the spiritual journey, we can mask it with medications or learn from it and dissolve it with our own consciousness, but that takes skill. Some people hold onto their pain because it is a way of bragging about what they are enduring.

I have seen hundreds of people die in all sorts of ways, as an army combat medic during the Vietnam War, later an ambulance paramedic, then as a nurse working in various areas of a University Hospital. Sudden death, terminal illness, suicide, homicide, individual death and death on a large scale, etc. I have spoken to many as they took their final breath. At least in terminal illness you have a chance to make peace with yourself, unlike in sudden death. Some people die in great pain and great fear while others die with a smile on their face and light emanating from their eyes. In my opinion it all comes down to the relationship that you have with yourself.

On the topic of suicide or “self deliverance," it depends on the persons intentions. For a person to take their life to escape something, including pain, they will not escape it, especially if it is not an organic physical disorder. There are lots of people living with pain, organic and non-organic, and they usually over time find a way to manage it.

Altruistic suicide, that is giving your life to save someone else, has a different intention then anomic suicide, which is when a person takes their life because of seemingly unbearable circumstances. There are different categories of suicide. Intention is just as important as what we give our attention to. Yes, I have been long winded here, be careful what you ask for Miss. H.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 19-05-2023, 05:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What if: Say, you are a pretty wise, high soul - you know that earth is a tough place, but is where you can learn, advance SO fast...
you asked to come back - Blind or poor or to suffer a painful death - for whatever reason you had?*
Growth of a soul is important I think. But there is still the issue of personal autonomy.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-05-2023 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-05-2023, 06:57 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I have seen hundreds of people die in all sorts of ways, as an army combat medic during the Vietnam War,
Starman let me first say thank you for your service, and welcome home. I know this is very late to say this, but there are those Vietnam vets out there that have yet to hear those words spoken to them, so I don't mean to be redundant.

In response to your post, I certainly respect your thoughts, though I still believe in the personal autonomy regarding one's physical life without being cosmically persecuted for terminating it, especially for those suffering from a terminal illness.

There was an excellent documentary about this topic on the BBC which I recommend :

https://vimeo.com/229120539
Old 19-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Growth of a soul is important I think. But there is still the issue of personal autonomy.
But? I never said anything to the contrary.

Btw, Jman - tops 3 sentences when we quote others - you can always type the Post #.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2023, 09:13 PM
Master

Journeyman,

A reminder what Spirit Guide Sparrow said, as you quoted him/her:

"...any act of desperation through physical suicide, as means to escape your life challenges will ultimately lead to deep soul trauma and a deep rooted sense of regret. One kind of suffering will be replaced with a different kind.

For this reason it is strongly recommended you seek a spiritual or life counsellor for advice."

As I read those words carefully, I have highlighted the following:

"...any act of desperation through physical suicide, as means to escape your life challenges will ultimately lead to deep soul trauma and a deep rooted sense of regret. One kind of suffering will be replaced with a different kind.

For this reason it is strongly recommended you seek a spiritual or life counsellor for advice."

There is nought here that says people do not have self-autonomy nor does it say anywhere people are punished.

Blessings,
pixiedust
Old 19-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Master
Journeyman, I don’t know where you live but I live in the U.S., and here many States have assisted suicide for terminally ill people. Some people do not like to call it assisted suicide, but basically a health professional helps a terminally ill person die. Yes, I feel that death is very personal and we should have autonomy over how we choose to die.

There is no punishment, a person who is in pain is not being punished. The pain is not coming from the outside; it is not being imposed from the outside. Pain is a message from the inside and it is up to us, in my opinion, to figure out what that message is.

I live in New Mexico and we have assisted suicide in my State. There are also hospices for the terminally ill here, and at a hospice they keep the terminally ill patient comfortable and pain free until they die. Lots of people prefer to die at home, and they have a visiting nurse check in on them until they die. There are lots of options available for the terminally ill. Suicide is just one of those options, but there are many more.

Thank you for the welcome home, its never too late, especially considering what Vietnam veterans went through when they returned to the U.S. I have had lots of people welcome me home over the recent years and I appreciate it every time it is said.
Old 19-05-2023, 11:59 PM
Very good, Pixiedust!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2023, 03:01 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Thank you for the welcome home, its never too late, especially considering what Vietnam veterans went through when they returned to the U.S. I have had lots of people welcome me home over the recent years and I appreciate it every time it is said.
You're very welcome!
Old 20-05-2023, 06:07 AM
Master

Sparrow I would like to ask you another question if that is ok.

You mentioned time lines in one of your previous posts to me. Can you tell us a bit more about that so we can have a better understanding of it.

Is it something like parallel lives.

Many thanks.
Old 20-05-2023, 06:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

You mentioned time lines in one of your previous posts to me.

In lieu, or in partnership, I did a quick search and found some old words around this topic from Sparrow:

"..access within the spirit world is not limited to any one linear or one-directional timeline.

Evolved consciousness experiences spherical perception, which means there are no longer any straight lines or directions.

Just as you can imagine being inside something yet simultaneously outside of it looking inward. All timelines converge into the spirit world just as alternate time-frequencies also collide into your physical universe.

While it is true an experience of linear awareness exists in the spirit world, this is always person-centred, and the individual creates their own experience of the passage of time depending on what it is they are doing.

Now it is, friend, when you attempt to comprehend the awareness of, or measure of what I or the Asceleottyi are able to witness, you cannot do this through your own personal experience of time. How you experience time both as a human, and as a individual divine spirit, will not be equal to how we measure or experience time. Your human values, measurements and logical calculations, while useful, do not apply to where we are from and what we do.

In this relayed context, it is sufficient for me to say for convenience, I have been "working" for millions of years. This is easy for you to digest and associate with your own values and familiar understandings. However, do not try to define or demean my experience and awareness from the boundaries of your own understandings of the spirit world within human logic....

There are in fact many dimensions which exist parallel to your own. They contain intelligent civilisations and species, which interact with human beings right now as you read this. And yet, those civilisations, and even individual entities, will continue to exist long after your physical universe collapses. Because their dimension functions independent of yours, your own measure of time is completely irrelevant to them. They can visit you as a child, and immediately visit you in your adulthood, and for them no time would have passed whatsoever.

With this understanding, know then that all events of your present universe can and does come under the watchful gaze of many different entities and civilisations outside of its sphere of influence. I am simply a mirror to show you what has been observed by a wider community than you are used to.

What you may not realise at your present state of spiritual awareness is that all events in the universe are observed and preserved. This includes your own thoughts, deeds and words towards others. Access to these observations and preservations will be granted to you once you attain and meet certain criteria necessary for such access. All life, in all its forms, including the universe, wishes to tell its story and share its journey with others. Just as you feel compelled to share your own personal journey with others. It is merely a matter of discovering an appropriate interface which allows you to interact with a particular universe or dimension. A large aspect of, what you reference as my work, involves gaining access to places and formats of information beyond the frontiers of known boundaries. This activity has caught the attention of, and attracted the interest from various entities and energies very alien and removed from human comfort and familiarity.

If such entities are able to bypass the restrictions of time humans subscribe themselves to, do not presume you as a divine being are somehow denied the same privilege. To do so would simply reveal you have no awareness of who you really are."

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...#post2 076386