Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-04-2023, 08:57 PM
Pathfinder

Are we separate or one?

Hi everyone. Something interesting I just pondered is we have two points of perspective. You have your ego and identity which creates a separation from all that is. You have another point of perspective where you are just a part of all that is.
This makes me wonder if we really are separate or all is just one. What do you think?
Old 10-04-2023, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
This makes me wonder if we really are separate or all is just one. What do you think?

Individuality in oneness
Old 10-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Hi :)
My 2 cents? When you personally, up-close and directly experience for yourself the Oneness of us all...it all makes more sense.

In feeble words I could describe this exp as similar to --- where my skin ends...there is space and another's skin begins.
There are waves or vibrations or a frequency connecting
all of us...you could say 'invisible waves' ...but I've seen them and many others do.
Or
I can picture it as we are swimming in a sort of 'Jello' - I move my arm - waves are sent out felt by another.
Or
there is a thread that ties us all together -- I mean to the boulder, the tree and to the horse.

This 'thread' or link is the same soup, Jello, substance that runs thru each cell and in the space between protons and neutrons
and the electrons of every atomic particle.

Just my exp and now being proven or discovered by quantum physics.
Now someone else can talk about Consciousness - all being connected and that All That Is is just One, from One
within the One (God)....pretending or experiencing to have billions and billions of 'parts'...hopefully someone that has had a direct exp of This.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-04-2023, 03:05 PM
Master

Miss H you have explained it beautifully.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:35 PM
Master

Quote:

Maybe it is not an either/or question…..maybe it is a matter of choice(or simply unawareness) at any specific point in time. Being despondent at the present time I would suggest that the scale is heavily tilted to the ego side…..
Old 10-04-2023, 08:48 PM
Master

My view: We are individual identities interconnected at non-physical level. We aren't "one".

A good analogy is: being a student in school, practicing on a virtual reality station.

While playing on your terminal, you operate an avatar in a virtual reality setup. As you play you get immersed into the plot; you "become" the character you operate (forget about being a student). You observe, analyze, make decisions, take action, ...

This is our condition when awake. The observer, intelligence, decision maker, doer aren't the avatar, but the student.

Going deeper into that analogy, the student is a role played by a person who joined the school to learn something. The person is the entity that creates a personality: the student, that incarnates: the avatar.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-04-2023, 09:09 PM
Master

Quote:
This makes me wonder if we really are separate or all is just one.
Was wondering what do you mean one. You are one soul.

Body and soul exist simultaneously. Body isn't necessary for soul or even consciousness to exist. All beings in a manifested state are separate beings. billions of people in the world and what we may not realize soul is also in a manifested state of being so there are individual souls. I agree with with post 6 we are here to learn individually. I would say one is both consciousnesses, body and soul. Body does not learn soul does. Body is temporary so it is not the one. Both body and soul experience.
Old 18-04-2023, 01:42 AM
Guide

Quote:

My feeling is that there is only one being in the universe and that we are each of us individualized aspects of that being.

We are not separate beings but individual expressions of the one being. The one being has trillions of unique, individual manifestations of itself. Suffering occurs when individual beings are out of touch with the oneness.

The moral law of the universe "do no harm to others" stems from this underlying oneness of all beings. If you harm another being you are actually harming yourself since at the absolute level you are that being.

To love yourself is to love others. And to love others is to love youself. True self love and social love are one and the same.
Old 18-04-2023, 09:14 AM
Master

Embedded deeply in Eastern philosophy is the concept of the Akashic Records.
These records, or as C.J.Jung called it/them - The Collective Unconscious - is 'the Oneness' which appears so often in mystical experiences. This state or level which gives arise to the feeling of knowing everything 'Eureka' - is an indication of this Onenesses' existence.

It has been apparent for about three centuries, (outside esoteric beliefs) and especially in scientific research that information is bundled and preserved - somewhere.

All minds or consciousnesses of all sentient beings play their experiences (of all kinds) back into the CU.

Our minds are all connected and exist as individual entities and as a collective.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 18-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Embedded deeply in Eastern philosophy is the concept of the Akashic Records.
Does the Akashic Records deal with the physical universe and does not include others consciousnesses we know exists not of this realm. We know other (non-physical) separate consciousnesses exist already so is known, they are separate, consciousnesses other then us. Actually not part of the Akashic Records imo. Certainly if there are other consciousnesses, spirits for instance or souls, then there are separate human people. We know consciousnesses is plural not only beings, humans.

I think part of the confusion is we say there are separate spirits and we think souls are not spirits, that soul is unmanifested and has no form because it is not considered spirit and is in a unmanifested realm of no form different then and not part of the spirit realm of spirits, but it is not like that if we think soul is not spirit. So we deny separate consciousnesses when we know others consciousnesses exist. We may think souls are not spirits and spirits as not being souls but, they are the same stuff. So yes, they are the same. And simply, some spirits don't have to become souls and they still exist. This is the strangeness of spirit reality.

Is the focus on the human side and not the spirit side when we know other consciousnesses exist. We probably need to understand the spirit side but the question is, does others consciousnesses we know of evidence separate beingness. Separate spirits would. So was wondering no evidence of what people always talk about.

Part of the answer is understanding the spirit side is both manifested and unmanifested. Manifested forms are not unmanifested. There are manifested forms even at the spirit level.