Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-03-2023, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
i always feel like my identity is ever changing,

Is the one that knows that ever changing? I would say no as the idea the identity is always changing is never changing. I think the identity there is pretty unchanging. It never changes it's beliefs does it? What changes in the one that believes the identity is always changing?

I think a good question is how to make that identity change? The real identity. The one who never changes the belief that the identity is always changing? I think that one is always the same day after day. Instead of projecting the idea that the identity is something or someone other than the one that is holding all the beliefs and opinions and seeing all this change, look backwards at the source of these beliefs and opinions. That is the true identity and somehow is missing being seen.

I think we can imagine all these identities as being "out there" that we are looking at or seeing but the looker is the only identity. The only one with conscious awareness. There is only one entity, one identity, one me, one I, one soul.

But then when we see or discover ourselves, the true identity, the only identity, the one that never changes, the one that holds all the opinions and beliefs, the one looking, judging, interpreting, then comes the potential for change. Once we discover what we are, we see clearly what we are not. Then comes the possibility of change.
Old 14-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Master

Oh and I think we don't change. We just change what we are identifying with. What we are associating with. That changes who we are, what we do, how we act, what we say, what we perceive, what we experience.... but what we are never changes.

It's like a squirrel gathering up items to add to it's nest. What we gather up determines who and what we are. But we didn't change, we just changed what we gathered up.

In a way we changed as we became more aware, more able to discern the best things to gather up or throw away.
Old 14-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Knower

Quote:
I so much want to wake up from this nightmare.
I would be willing to do anything to wake up from this nightmare.
But so far, nothing I have ever done has ever had any permanent affect.
When you dream at night, occasionally you may have a lucid dream where you realize you're the dreamer. What (halfway)woke you up? Usually, it's something out of place or just...wrong. ("Hey! You're supposed to be dead!") We need a way to observe the world around us to find out what just can't be real. To see all things as props for deeper meaning could hold the key. Also, just self-inquiry of "Who or what am I?" or trying to be "Still" in the mind. I'm experimenting with seeing my mortal self character as a part being played by my Soul. Kinda like that Twilight Zone episode when Cliff Robertson's puppet talked to him. We could just be our schizophrenic Soul's alter ego. The Dreamer seems to be asleep. Our character seems to be wide awake. We need to reconcile the paradox. Waking up is inevitable in Time. At that point, Time will be seen as an illusion.

"God sleeps in the rocks, stirs in the plants, dreams in the animals, and finally awakens in man." -- Vedic Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
I'm experimenting with seeing my mortal self character as a part being played by my Soul.

It's like we are playing a character in a play with a costume we are stuck in (the body) and every other human is in the same play and no one knows it is a play! Everyone is wholly consumed with their story and role in the play. It's like an improv actors group because we are writing the play as we go, trying to make our character successful in whatever role we are into.

Reminds me of John Lennon's song Imagine. To realize we made it all up. Religions, countries, differences etc. We are all one race, one species, one humankind. The human race! But we have not woken up like we do in a lucid dream.
Old 14-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I must admit...
....my first year.
Peace
Thanks, that is so good news. I will definitely put way more effort into meditation then.

I recognize the everchange by a constant state of confusion. but you are right, maybe there is the same unchanging awareness potential in me for me to align with maybe through more meditation.

I will definitely meditate more now because its been so beneficial for you it seems. I can only see good things from meditation. No matter how hard it is for me. I will have to find a way to push through. The alternative is tormenting anyway. Might aswell put more effort to focus in meditation.
Old 14-03-2023, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
"God sleeps in the rocks, stirs in the plants, dreams in the animals, and finally awakens in man." -- Vedic Quote
haha I didnt know it was a vedic quote. It was channeled by Arcturus Ra in their book Law of One. The exact same concept. cool
Old 14-03-2023, 09:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
haha I didnt know it was a vedic quote. It was channeled by Arcturus Ra in their book Law of One. The exact same concept. cool

People seem to "channel" things they maybe just forgot...
Old 14-03-2023, 10:26 PM
Reminder - 2-3 sentences when quoting others.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Master
I dont know how to seperate my awareness from my mind and body. Would be amazing if I could. I would no longer have feel constant pain and suffering. I could simply be detached from all of it and enjoy the ride for what it is.

currently my mind and body are suffering in ways that are not even avoidable. I think it's unfair. but since when has life ever been fair to me? probably many times I cannot even remember. When suffering, its nearly impossible to remember anything good at all. Everything is seen from a lense of suffering. Everything looses value. I can't do much about it.

I wish I could do something about it. Wave a stick in the air and fix everything. But thats not possible. Good things are not possible. I tried everything. It's too much. When is my suffering ever going to end. Probably never. It just is what it is. Life is just what it is.

I suffer and sometimes very rarely I get brief moments of relief and then back to suffering I go. Nothing I can do about it. I don't even recall the moments of relief, that's how short they last. I never have a way of explaining why I had it. Or what exactly caused it. like a fluke of brief respite and relief. I probably dont deserve more.

I should deserve better. I believe everyone and everything deserves to be free from suffering. But I currently am definitely not free from it. It hurts so much in so many different ways. Even mental agony. And body for sure aswell. I wish I could just end it all.

When is my time going to come. For good things to happen in my life. Things going the way I want them to. I've been waiting already so long for it. I am losing hope. I just don't know when it is going to come, the good times. Seems like never. I believe I will be stuck in suffering forever. But thats not possible. And yet, here I am. The impossible in flesh and blood and bones. Always suffering. Even tho it's not suppose to be possible. Just my luck.

I don't even have a sight in the future of anything good. No good foresight. It is agonizing. Something should change. If only I knew what. Probably will become worse the more I try to change things.

I tried meditation and it didnt work again. Nothing happened. I have to probably try harder. There is no other hope. No other option. I have to succeed at meditation. If I don't, there wont be anything else left to fix my life. No other hope left. I have no choice but to try harder, WAAY harder to meditate. Even tho I keep failing at it. It is my final hope. I have to keep trying. I'm at a deadlock. There is no other option.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 15-03-2023 at 11:53 PM.
Old 15-03-2023, 11:57 PM
Master
Well, that went a lot better. The harder I try, the more I succeed in meditation. I even had brief glimpses of something that felt good. The focus part is hard. That's where all my effort has to go. Holding my attention consistently on the object of focus. To quiet the mind and allow my vibration to rise.

In 30 minutes I was able to pull off maybe 10 seconds of uninterrupted focus. I need to practice to reach the golden 17 seconds mark of consistent focus. Then I'll surely reconnect with my soul again.